Villains

Started by nuncle Gabe, February 01, 2015, 04:15:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nuncle Gabe

In Mossflower, what happens to Ashleg? it never tells after he escapes.

Hickory

Hmm, haven't read Mossflower in a long time... he probably was inconspicuosly killed by the squirrels or otters.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

James Gryphon

We don't know what happens; it's never mentioned. Given, though, that it's the closest thing to a reformation that any villain has until The Bellmaker, five books later, I don't think it's presumptuous to guess that it didn't end terribly for him.
« Subject to editing »

Wot, wot!

:)
I imagine he took up the life of a pirate/sea beast after running with the other foe beasts away from Kotir.
"Get him! Grab that spy! I want his head!"
Basil chuckled. "What's the matter? Isn't your own head good enough? No, I don't suppose it is. Ugly-looking brute, aren't you?" -Basil to Cluny the Scourge (Redwall)

"The second you change "I can't" into "why not", you can do anything in the world."

Lady Ashenwyte

There was a fanfiction about Ashleg escaping to Noonvale and having a nasty surprise. You should read it.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

urthstripe

Doesn't ashleg get eat-in by argolor?

James Gryphon

No. Argulor wanted to eat him, as he had never tasted pine marten and wanted to know what it was like, but he never got the chance. Being half-blind from age, he confused Bane for Ashleg (as the fox was wearing Ashleg's red cloak), and killed and took a bite out of him. When he realized that it was only a fox, he suffered a heart attack and died.
« Subject to editing »

Machiavellian

First off, ahoy everybeast, first time posting 'ere! Waves paw ecstatically

An' second off, just to be start my Redwall Abbey life with some book-based know-how, Argulor also took some pretty good wounds from good ol' Bane mid-air before the mercenary kicked the bucket, which definitely helped lead to the old eagle's heart attack out of the sheer surprise and shock of not only catching the wrong creature...But catching a creature who could defend himself fiercely, scimitar in paw and a screech on his lips.
It's pronounced "Matchavalleeyun".
Nah, just kiddin'.
It's "Macki-velian".