News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

On the overbearing censorship.

Started by One-Eye the wildcat, September 15, 2019, 04:24:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

One-Eye the wildcat

Get rid. It blocks the words h.eck an fr.ick and b.ugger. what the actual frìck? Please fix this
"What will become of us? Where will we go, we who wander this vast wasteland in search of our better selves?"

"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos."
Long live the RRR!!

DanielofRedwall

This is something the staff has been in discussions over. We will update on developments. In the mean time, if all members could please avoid purposefully trying to trip it up or get around it, that would be appreciated as it can make things hard to police.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Verdauga

Well, If it makes you feel any better, I'm fine with it...
I keep a pretty strict language filter anyway, though...
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Jarky Thistlebrush

Same. I have never encountered it, anyhow.
The following is a list of things to bring on holiday:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
42 ~ Seb's Humility ~ Seb's toothbrush ~ Seb's soul ~ Half a Plane ~ Your Toothbrush ~ A creeping anxiety every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Pure Terror every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Death every time you look at your toothbrush

I had to move everything off the list but the bare essentials to make way for this:

Tungro

I honestly don't think it is a problem. It also serves as a reminder that this is meant to be a child friendly forum.

Captain Tammo

No problem with expressing frustration with the filter, but I agree with Dan on this one. We're trying to hash some things out right now but trying to trip the censors does bog things down a bit.
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Kitsune

If you must block curse words, fine. But blocking non-curse words is pointless.

I, of course, would advocate to remove it entirely, but i don't think that opinion will go very far

Verdauga

Keeping a website up is a lot of work. The more things we add to their plate, the less time they're going to have to deal with it.
And I think the website should have a language filter.
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

DanielofRedwall

I have removed the filter for the word "heck" as I concur that is a bit overbearing. We will keep all other filters in place as I do not think they have a place on this forum. I believe that just about wraps this topic up and I will lock it now.
Received mostly negative reviews.