News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Audio Books :D

Started by The Shadow of Korriban, June 22, 2021, 01:18:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Shadow of Korriban

Yes.  Anyone listening to these strange things? :-|
The best way to forget your own problems is to beat a rock with a stick.<br /><br />My YouTube channel!

Kade Rivok

Eh, I don't dislike audio books if it has good voice actors.  The Redwall ones for instance have Brian himself as the narrator, so those are pretty awesome.  Plus, audio books are convenient for folks that don't have a ton of free time; I, in particular, like to listen to them (or podcasts) while I'm driving.

Of course, if I have the time, I definitely prefer reading a book over listening to it.
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

The Shadow of Korriban

Grand slam, boy!  I'm currently slow-walking my way through a Lucasfilm stamped Revan audio book, hey? :3
The best way to forget your own problems is to beat a rock with a stick.<br /><br />My YouTube channel!

Sebias of Redwall

I've heard of the character Revan. Any good?

Quote from: Kade Rivok on June 22, 2021, 03:28:05 PM
Eh, I don't dislike audio books if it has good voice actors.  The Redwall ones for instance have Brian himself as the narrator, so those are pretty awesome.  Plus, audio books are convenient for folks that don't have a ton of free time; I, in particular, like to listen to them (or podcasts) while I'm driving.

Of course, if I have the time, I definitely prefer reading a book over listening to it.
These are basically my thoughts on the subject as well, tbh. They've helped get my one brother into books though, so I'm thankful.
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Ally046

Started listening to them a while back, because it was getting difficult to read.

Didn't realize it was my vision! XD

Got glasses like, one or two weeks ago, so now I'm reading and listening.

Two different books of course!
Cobb, Ember, Nutmeg, Pingvin, Diann, Celest, Cinnabon, Coco

Captain Tammo

It took a while for me to get into them without falling asleep, but now I have *pauses to check phone library* 91 audiobooks!

I started listening to them in undergrad while I was walking across campus, or working out, or whenever I was doing something monotonous. It really helped me feel like I was being productive - reading everything I've always wanted to but never had time to - without really setting aside time for it. I remember one month I absolutely crushed one book that was 52 hours long (Atlas Shrugged). I love 'em!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

The Shadow of Korriban

Quote from: Sebias of Redwall on June 23, 2021, 04:23:37 AM
I've heard of the character Revan. Any good?

Yeah, it's ok. :D  Though, if you were to take a look or listen, you may be confused on account of how the book is connected good and hard to the seasoned video game Kotor. :3

Tungro

The Narnia audiobooks are some of my favorite

clunylooney

I listen to the Warriors audio books daily. When I was younger I listened to Roald Dahl audio books, but I could still probably listen to those seeing as they are such good books.
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me