News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Minecraft redwall server! Gonna be awesome!

Started by Gears, April 18, 2012, 03:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corporal Firalay

ant. Ah well, I'll just have to wait >_< (s'cuse my French)

Also - are there any other Aussies or people in Asia on the server? Or New Zealanders? ... Or Fijians? I'm such a lonely little Vegemite ;(

but I love the server!!! <3
"My Horde is mighty, my Horde is fearless, shudder under the gaze of Viskata Tatt - fear my name!" -Viskata Tatt
Read the whole story at: http://redwallabbey.com/forum/index.php?topic=3660.0

Rusvul

Quote from: Gears on October 08, 2012, 04:38:05 PM
Quote from: danflorreguba on October 08, 2012, 01:02:45 AM
So...... When is the server up again?  :D
The server will be up when my sister gets a new pc. Mine currently doesn't have decent processing power to have a lag-free server, and I use it alot. Sorry for the HUGE wait guys. This is just the way it's gotta be. :/
what kind of pc do you have? i have a dell inspiron 1525, i could never run a server XD
EDIT: 1.4! yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! anvils! anvils! anvils! anvils! anvils! anvils! let's build redwall abbey out of anvils! anvils! anvils! (my favorite block is anvils, in case you couldnt tell.)

Gears

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on October 29, 2012, 11:55:49 AM
So...... When is the server up again?  :D
The server will be up when my sister gets a new pc. Mine currently doesn't have decent processing power to have a lag-free server, and I use it alot. Sorry for the HUGE wait guys. This is just the way it's gotta be. :/
what kind of pc do you have? i have a dell inspiron 1525, i could never run a server XD
EDIT: 1.4! yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! anvils! anvils! anvils! anvils! anvils! anvils! let's build redwall abbey out of anvils! anvils! anvils! (my favorite block is anvils, in case you couldnt tell.)
lol My pc is a sony vaio something-something. It's a real nice pc though
Yeah, I do stuff sometimes.

Dannflower Reguba

So is the server going to be back up soon?

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on October 29, 2012, 11:55:49 AM
So...... When is the server up again?  :D

You JUST got 1.4? I've had it since like.... two days ago! And can you really make anvils in minecraft? That would be awesome!
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

W0NWILL

It should, bukkit updates fairly quickly.

*nods* Though we have an anvil plugin already.

AxeHound

The anvil is awesome. I'm gonna name my sword.  ;D

(please do not send me the pm game messages)

Gears

Quote from: W0NWILL on October 29, 2012, 04:08:06 PM
It should, bukkit updates fairly quickly.

*nods* Though we have an anvil plugin already.
Lol we did, until it started to conflict with a cooler plugin. :/

Also, the item naming will be amazing, we can make an amazing sword, then name it martin's sword. Also, question for some who have played the update more than me: When you put an item into a frame, will it's enchants stay? Or do they get wiped when you get it back?

AxeHound

Gears

AxeHound

The enchant doesn't get wiped. I tried it when I saw your post.

Gears

Quote from: AxeHound on October 30, 2012, 02:08:58 AM
The enchant doesn't get wiped. I tried it when I saw your post.
Ohhhkay. Thanks alot! :D
T_T 1.4 bukkit hasn't been out yet. Come on, evilseph! :D

SaberTruth

Well, wonder what my MC role playing character has been doing while we have been waiting... probably swimming, fishing, and eating. I guess he is taking a well deserved break from construction on the Otter clan (faction) headquarters. Oh, and a little sleeping in the shade beneath the trees in the Abbey orchard.

As for me, I have been, well... bored for short/long periods of time and been checking the forum frequently (and bukkit's website) in hopes that I may be find the server updated... so far, I have not been successful.

But I do want to say, that any players who are Otters will be able to join my Otter faction (which will be renamed to one of the Otter clans from the Redwall books, also taking suggestions) and faction members will also have access to the Otter faction headquarters. So once the server is back up, let me know if you see me online, and I can add you to the clan. I will normally be on some time between 8 - 11 PM EST.

Also, I have been think a bit about the actual Redwall building on the server. I don't know about you others, but I every time I am there, I feel that it is missing something. Any of you others get the same feeling?

W0NWILL

*nods* It seems...empty. Or did the gate house burn down again? That might be it.

Gears

Quote from: W0NWILL on October 30, 2012, 10:17:16 PM
*nods* It seems...empty. Or did the gate house burn down again? That might be it.
I agree. I think it's partly to the lack of players being on simultaneously, but it might be missing a few garnishments.

SaberTruth

Wait, I know now  ;D Redwall's walls and main abbey building are not red! That's it! Also, I think it needs some more height, it seems a little small and the hall ways are a little confusing. It could also be that the inside is slightly disorganized. If we run out of work, we could rebuild all of Red wall...(might not be the best idea) but we do want the Abbey to be the main focus of the server.
But right now I am looking for a wall (a "red" wall) to bang my head into, because I am really wishing I had pictures of a Redwall abbey I built on my ipod's mobile minecraft, but I updated my ipod and it erased every thing on it.  :'( All I have is a screen shot of part of the inside. I will try to describe it a little. The main abbey building was about the size (width and length) of the entire abbey grounds on the server (which may account for thinking the one on the server is missing something) According to the books, the abbey building was enormous (if you fell off the roof you would die). Let me see if I can find my screen shot of the inside... but after studying the descriptions of redwall from some of the books, I have come up with a lay out for the inside that might be able to fix what is missing. I know, my thoughts are kind of scattered, and rebuilding Redwall may not be what every one wants to do (though I think I could get the abbey rebuilt in about a week once the old blocks were removed)

These where from the inside at the main entrance... There was a lot more, but no photo. Also, the inside there would be a lot different, because my mobile version only had about 1/20th of the bricks that the PC version has.