News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Minecraft redwall server! Gonna be awesome!

Started by Gears, April 18, 2012, 03:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W0NWILL

Let me make a point, Matthias fell from the roof and didn't die. If you're going to argue that he fell in the pond, PONDS HAVE WATER. WATER IS NOT GOOD FOR FALLING IN. That aside, I get your point.

SaberTruth

Yes, he landed in the reeds in the water, and also, I think he landed on top of the sparrow, and it killed the sparrow. Also, the main abbey building was higher than the wall. Many animals were hurt or killed from falling off the wall or falling out of trees at wall level (from the same book)

Gears

Quote from: SaberTruth on October 30, 2012, 10:42:34 PM
Wait, I know now  ;D Redwall's walls and main abbey building are not red! That's it! Also, I think it needs some more height, it seems a little small and the hall ways are a little confusing. It could also be that the inside is slightly disorganized. If we run out of work, we could rebuild all of Red wall...(might not be the best idea) but we do want the Abbey to be the main focus of the server.
But right now I am looking for a wall (a "red" wall) to bang my head into, because I am really wishing I had pictures of a Redwall abbey I built on my ipod's mobile minecraft, but I updated my ipod and it erased every thing on it.  :'( All I have is a screen shot of part of the inside. I will try to describe it a little. The main abbey building was about the size (width and length) of the entire abbey grounds on the server (which may account for thinking the one on the server is missing something) According to the books, the abbey building was enormous (if you fell off the roof you would die). Let me see if I can find my screen shot of the inside... but after studying the descriptions of redwall from some of the books, I have come up with a lay out for the inside that might be able to fix what is missing. I know, my thoughts are kind of scattered, and rebuilding Redwall may not be what every one wants to do (though I think I could get the abbey rebuilt in about a week once the old blocks were removed)

These where from the inside at the main entrance... There was a lot more, but no photo. Also, the inside there would be a lot different, because my mobile version only had about 1/20th of the bricks that the PC version has.

Hmm That does seem like a good idea: Just a few things. *not angry, i just want people to see this* COLORS DO NOT WORK IN MINECRAFT. WOOL BURNS. IT IS NOT DURABLE. IT LOOKS LIKE POOP.  Not necessarily attacking you, I'm just putting this out there. I'll make a red house then post a pic to show you how awful it looks. :/ Wool's really only good for rugs and tapestries and pixel art. :P
Yeah, I do stuff sometimes.

Snowwolf

quik question. has the I.P. changed or is the server just off till 1.4 bukkit?
"Weapons may be carried by creatures who are evil, dishonest, violent or lazy. The true warrior is good, gentle and honest. His bravery comes from within himself; he learns to conquer his own fears and misdeeds.
- Matthias from "Mattimeo

W0NWILL

Off till bukkit updates. And the IP is new, look in the first post.

Snowwolf

which first post? the one on page 1 or another? if it's another page besides page 1 can you tell me which? Thanks
"Weapons may be carried by creatures who are evil, dishonest, violent or lazy. The true warrior is good, gentle and honest. His bravery comes from within himself; he learns to conquer his own fears and misdeeds.

SaberTruth

Oops, I did not mean out of red wool, I meant the red bricks that are like stone, in survival mode you make it out of clay. Sorry about not clarifying that.

Gears

Quote from: SaberTruth on November 01, 2012, 01:58:24 AM
Oops, I did not mean out of red wool, I meant the red bricks that are like stone, in survival mode you make it out of clay. Sorry about not clarifying that.
That's ok, i prolly shouldn't have gone off like that any how. :P Redbricks are OK, but not great. We can try that. ^_^

W0NWILL

Meh. Not a fan of bricks. I personally think they look awful and should only be used sparingly, But I'm game to try anything almost anything.

Quote from: Snowwolf on October 31, 2012, 09:19:08 PM
which first post? the one on page 1 or another? if it's another page besides page 1 can you tell me which? Thanks

The very first post has the new IP. You can also see it on page forty of something.

Snowwolf

SaberTruth

I think bukkit is out now! http://bukkit.org/
At least, that is what I understood them to be saying.

Gears

Quote from: SaberTruth on November 03, 2012, 09:50:44 PM
I think bukkit is out now! http://bukkit.org/
At least, that is what I understood them to be saying.
Awesome! It is! Starting server now...

W0NWILL

NOOO!!! I had to go to Lansing just as the server came out! Oh well, at least I'll be back tomorrow.

Gears

Quote from: W0NWILL on November 03, 2012, 10:26:18 PM
NOOO!!! I had to go to Lansing just as the server came out! Oh well, at least I'll be back tomorrow.
Sorry about that. :( It'll be on when you get back. :D

SaberTruth

XD Was able to get on for a little while, but will not be able to get back on till Monday. Love some of the new things that were added.

Edit: I heard that there is a way to change the Minecraft music on the server and replace it with your own selection. Any one heard of something like that. It would be neat if we had Redwall type music playing on the server.