Minecraft redwall server! Gonna be awesome!

Started by Gears, April 18, 2012, 03:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W0NWILL

Say, I was thinking, in regards to conquering places, we could set up a 'capture the flag' system. So, in Salamandastron, the 'flag' would be in the forge room, and if the attacking force is able to get into the forge room and grab the flag(maybe run out with it as well), they have captured Salamandastron. What does everyone think?

Gears

Quote from: W0NWILL on May 09, 2013, 10:23:47 PM
Say, I was thinking, in regards to conquering places, we could set up a 'capture the flag' system. So, in Salamandastron, the 'flag' would be in the forge room, and if the attacking force is able to get into the forge room and grab the flag(maybe run out with it as well), they have captured Salamandastron. What does everyone think?
Yeah! That sounds good, but maybe something a little more consumable, so they have to flush out all intruders, and the leader of the faction has the flag in their invy and the enemy has to kill the leader to get it.(so that way they can be considered well and truly conquered.)
Yeah, I do stuff sometimes.

W0NWILL

Sure, and I'm also adding barracks to Sala, so the rooms aren't just scattered about. And the ship with wheels(forgot what it's called) by Sala is done!

Gears

Quote from: W0NWILL on May 09, 2013, 10:30:22 PM
Sure, and I'm also adding barracks to Sala, so the rooms aren't just scattered about. And the ship with wheels(forgot what it's called) by Sala is done!
Awesome! I'll take a look at it. :D

Rusvul

About the conquering, places like Salamandastron and Redwall and anything from the books shouldn't be conquerable. Only playermade structures. Like, if Foozle138 makes the town Bloggleville, jakkonam should have the ability to conquer it, but jakkonam shouldn't be able to conquer Redwall,
Ever, no matter what.

Gears

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on May 10, 2013, 02:37:32 AM
About the conquering, places like Salamandastron and Redwall and anything from the books shouldn't be conquerable. Only playermade structures. Like, if Foozle138 makes the town Bloggleville, jakkonam should have the ability to conquer it, but jakkonam shouldn't be able to conquer Redwall,
Ever, no matter what.
Why not? I mean, cluny conquered redwall at least for a while, and so did that wildcat for sala. What is your reason for this? :)

Rusvul

The server is going public, right? Wouldn't it stink for a complete stranger to conquer Redwall while no defenders are online? Heck, even if there are defenders. The major things from the books should stay as they are, so that they continue to be things from the books. A holy of otters living in Marshank wouldn't make any sense. Players should be able to create a guild/order/holt/band/fortress, and take each other's of those, rather than risk changing the structures from the books.

Gears

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on May 10, 2013, 03:05:31 AM
The server is going public, right? Wouldn't it stink for a complete stranger to conquer Redwall while no defenders are online? Heck, even if there are defenders. The major things from the books should stay as they are, so that they continue to be things from the books. A holy of otters living in Marshank wouldn't make any sense. Players should be able to create a guild/order/holt/band/fortress, and take each other's of those, rather than risk changing the structures from the books.
With the claims plugin that i have, you can only attack and kill when the other people are online. So that's not a problem, some of what you say does make sense, but i guess we'll have to cross that bridge when we come to it.

Gabe The Warrior

Waahh.. This is amazing... Somagames needs to seriously check this out and draw inspiration from it.
""...Nobody outsmarts Cluny. I've won, and you have both lost." The Foxes clasped their claws. They knelt, whimpering pitifully. Cluny stood over them, enjoying his power as judge..."Take these miserable turncoats out of my sight..." Shrieking and screaming for mercy, the foxes were dragged away..."

Gears

Quote from: Gabe The Warrior on May 10, 2013, 03:18:25 AM
Waahh.. This is amazing... Somagames needs to seriously check this out and draw inspiration from it.
Thanks! :D

Gabe The Warrior

No problem! I'm really impressed, I'm not sure how minecraft works, but to be able to build all that? I'm really ecstatic about it. Wish I could be able to play Soma Games Kickstarter Minecraft though.
""...Nobody outsmarts Cluny. I've won, and you have both lost." The Foxes clasped their claws. They knelt, whimpering pitifully. Cluny stood over them, enjoying his power as judge..."Take these miserable turncoats out of my sight..." Shrieking and screaming for mercy, the foxes were dragged away..."

king_jon147

Holy mother of Martin, this server could literally save me from being overwhelmed and depressed. This weekend I'll redownload my skin tool and make a skin, even if only temporary. Then I'll be on to make a texture pack so the sandstone that makes the red walls of Redwall are more red. Not 100%, blindingly red, of course. All/most of the other skins will be mostly the same, though I might change a sword or two to be a spear, instead of a sword. Not all weapons in Redwall are swords, of course. Maybe a spear, or a club, etc. I would love other ideas for textures, unless there is already a TP. I do need ideas though, and it won't be bad workmanship, either!

Leather armor might be clothes, instead of leather, cookies being candied chestnuts, anything and everything! Send me private messages, too! Not just limited to replying to this post!

Thank you friends, and see you in the woodlands!
--Rudamo
Rudamo, at your service! Amateur skin and texture pack designer (amateur means unpaid, not inadequate!), builder, warrior, handybeast in all things minecraft! Including structure and design! Also master RP-er!

W0NWILL

Hmm, maybe wooden sword being a club, and stone sword being a spear? Bread changed to scones, maybe potions to different coloured ales and tea? And splash potions being hotroot pepper bombs! XD

king_jon147

Quote from: W0NWILL on May 10, 2013, 04:19:23 AM
Hmm, maybe wooden sword being a club, and stone sword being a spear? Bread changed to scones, maybe potions to different coloured ales and tea? And splash potions being hotroot pepper bombs! XD
That's exactly what I was thinking! But the potions being teas and ales, and the hotroot pepper bomb are out of the box! That's perfect! I'll try my best, but with such limited pixels, the hotroot might be difficult. I'll figure it out! Mmmm, scones! This is grand-slam ideas! Ales and teas! Yum!
Rudamo, at your service! Amateur skin and texture pack designer (amateur means unpaid, not inadequate!), builder, warrior, handybeast in all things minecraft! Including structure and design! Also master RP-er!

W0NWILL

I have a few thoughts on kits for flying creatures. And I also finally found my Bat Mountpit!

Bat: Potion of night vision (8:00), feather enchanted with sharpness II via Timtheenchanter, gold ingot, crafting table, chest, sign.

Bird: Feather with sharpness II, potion of swiftness(3:00), gold ingot, crafting table, chest, sign.

And admin/mod would give flight powers to them.