Minecraft redwall server! Gonna be awesome!

Started by Gears, April 18, 2012, 03:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gears

Quote from: danflorreguba on May 18, 2013, 01:35:47 AM
Quote from: tymaster8 on May 16, 2013, 07:22:16 PM
Was he using the smite command? i might know his name if that was the guy

That was part of it, he was using kill commands and player game mode changes as well. I don't mind a little bit of that, I do it myself sometimes, it can be kinda funny if you catch someone off guard just right.  :D The problem comes when the person is being a total... How to word it appropriately? You get what I mean though right? They just do it CONSTANTLY, it got to where I couldn't even spawn with out getting smitten, teleported and killed, I had no time even to type a command to stop the madness.

Wish my CP would actually work while the forum was up! Is the real IP still on the front page Gears?
it sure is!
Yeah, I do stuff sometimes.

W0NWILL

Good news, everyone! Lately, I've been making mini-roleplays, giving our roleplayers small pre-made plots they can do with two or three people, just so they can roleplay when there's not that many people on. Now, I've finished one. Missing! is ready to be played. Right now, I'm working on another that involves some Long Patrol hares and an abbey dweller(s) hunting after a vermin that has stolen Martin's Sword.

Rusvul

Mehehehehe... Uhhh... Why would you think that I did anything wrong? I definitely didn't steal Martin's sword, it's not hidden behind my cloak, honest! *puts hands behind back*

Gears

Quote from: W0NWILL on May 19, 2013, 05:58:57 AM
Good news, everyone! Lately, I've been making mini-roleplays, giving our roleplayers small pre-made plots they can do with two or three people, just so they can roleplay when there's not that many people on. Now, I've finished one. Missing! is ready to be played. Right now, I'm working on another that involves some Long Patrol hares and an abbey dweller(s) hunting after a vermin that has stolen Martin's Sword.
Awesome! Thank you so much for your time and effort. :3 Also, movecraft has still not been updated, but if you want to roleplay with the more body types mod, here's the link:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1122495-152-more-player-models/

(you can see other people using it server-side too. ^^)

We have implemented NPCS with questing, trading, or guarding, so feel free to mess with those. I also found a roleplaying chat plugin, but it will only be implemented when the server goes live, since it's a huge pain to communicate with it. Thanks tons for all your support guys!

-Gears

mgsfool

Is there a easier way to remove the npcs their remove button is ehh well buggy. XD
I believe strongly in eye for an eye don't you agree.

Gears

Quote from: mgsfool on May 21, 2013, 12:29:36 AM
Is there a easier way to remove the npcs their remove button is ehh well buggy. XD
/npc remove "name" I do believe.

mgsfool

Quote from: Gears on May 21, 2013, 02:18:27 AM
Quote from: mgsfool on May 21, 2013, 12:29:36 AM
/npc remove "name" I do believe.
I know it is buggy as heck though I have tried that instead of saying removed npc it is just blank. Also the server appears to be down is it?

king_jon147

Well guys, this is it! Finals week is almost over, just tomorrow and half of a day on wednesday. I might be able to get some work done on the texture pack! Progress made? None. Sorry guys, hit some road blocks and finals hit back. After I fix the sandstone block, I'll probably make the GUI. I have some ideas, tell me in you want anything specific. I was thinking of taking the cursor off? There isn't one if you're shooting arrows or swinging a sword IRL, anyway. Big ideas, and all summer. Could work out! Wish me luck!

~Rudamo
P.S. Sorry for not being active. Again, haven't had time.
Rudamo, at your service! Amateur skin and texture pack designer (amateur means unpaid, not inadequate!), builder, warrior, handybeast in all things minecraft! Including structure and design! Also master RP-er!

Rusvul

The crosshairs is an incredibly important thing for archery, personally I think that ranged combat would go out the widow completely if you removed it. Perhaps a dot? Rather than a crosshair, a single pixel? Idk.

king_jon147

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on May 21, 2013, 03:16:48 AM
The crosshairs is an incredibly important thing for archery, personally I think that ranged combat would go out the widow completely if you removed it. Perhaps a dot? Rather than a crosshair, a single pixel? Idk.

Ah, but exactly! Do you have a crosshairs when you're walking around? I hope not! That would give me a headache... Anywho, this way, you can actually practice to get better, whereas with the crosshairs, everybody's good. It adds the beauty of Hardcore mode, or a sense of realism. Increase to the roleplaying experience. Maybe it'll just be like that for me then! XD
Rudamo, at your service! Amateur skin and texture pack designer (amateur means unpaid, not inadequate!), builder, warrior, handybeast in all things minecraft! Including structure and design! Also master RP-er!

mgsfool

Here I like that idea jon would be interesting and give a little challenge when you are trying to take your target down. Though one thing remains unseen about the idea will it benefit laggy players at least a little though.

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: king_jon147 on May 21, 2013, 03:22:31 AM

Ah, but exactly! Do you have a crosshairs when you're walking around? I hope not! That would give me a headache... Anywho, this way, you can actually practice to get better, whereas with the crosshairs, everybody's good. It adds the beauty of Hardcore mode, or a sense of realism. Increase to the roleplaying experience. Maybe it'll just be like that for me then! XD

This is coming from a real life experienced archer, and if you remove those cross hairs, I'm NEVER using that texture pack no matter how good it is! Real life is one thing, you can actually aim with your eyes in real life. The cross hairs are essential when it comes to games as you aren't fully in perspective, the weapon placement knocks off your orientation, and the cross hairs solve that problem.   

I LIVE archery in Minecraft, I've won 3 v 1 because of my archery. (NOT easy to do in late-game Sabotage!)
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Gears

Quote from: danflorreguba on May 21, 2013, 03:33:50 AM

This is coming from a real life experienced archer, and if you remove those cross hairs, I'm NEVER using that texture pack no matter how good it is! Real life is one thing, you can actually aim with your eyes in real life. The cross hairs are essential when it comes to games as you aren't fully in perspective, the weapon placement knocks off your orientation, and the cross hairs solve that problem.   

I LIVE archery in Minecraft, I've won 3 v 1 because of my archery. (NOT easy to do in late-game Sabotage!)
Meh, I dunno. We could always test it out and see how much it takes getting used to. It's pretty much like a gun. :)

king_jon147

Quote from: danflorreguba on May 21, 2013, 03:33:50 AM

XD okay, I'll make a hardcore pack and a non-HC pack, your pick

mgsfool

Hey gears found a plugin that could possibly aid when the server goes public against grifers who don't rp here is a link not sure if u would like it but just suggesting.
http://www.planetminecraft.com/mod/bukkitplugin-spyadmin---be-invisible-and-control-the-players-on-the-server/