Minecraft redwall server! Gonna be awesome!

Started by Gears, April 18, 2012, 03:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathias_Rocks

Come check out Gears' awesome minecraft server!

http://redwallabbey.com/forum/index.php?topic=1752.0

Dannflower Reguba

Well the server's down again...  :-\ waaaa..
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Gears

Got an "out of memory" error in the server. Fixing now
Yeah, I do stuff sometimes.

Gears

Got it. Had to do with some skanky Java vars hanging about. should be good now.

Mathias_Rocks

Captain Tammo

Quote from: danflorreguba on June 18, 2013, 07:53:06 PM
Yeah, except the last time I checked it hadn't burned, it had been blown up.

BTW Is the server up? Because my computer turned on again.

Ooh yeah I'm the one who redid it ;D hope you didn't mind!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Mathias_Rocks

recently made a fav list of servers on multiplayer. I checked the ip, but the server is down!

Gears

Quote from: Mathias_Rocks on June 20, 2013, 05:29:13 PM
recently made a fav list of servers on multiplayer. I checked the ip, but the server is down!

It is? It should be up.It's been up all night. Just took it down once to mess with a few plugins.

Captain Tammo

Hey guys, I left a message outside redwall. I think all you guys should read it. What it basically says is that I personally think that we've gone a bit crazy with the buildings that were never in the series and its starting to make the server less Redwall centered. Redwall was the heart of Mossflower country in Brian's books. Now there's a large amount of other areas that are competing with redwall to the point where, again in my opinion, it's losing its significance. I think we should terminate all future building projects that were never in the books unless it is approved by majority. I think we should start building applications before just building a massive new creation.

I have been a big contributor to this problem with mole city, the squirrel village, the airships, the two-woods inn rebuild, island fortresses, etc. and I want to fix this and get back to the root reasons we built the server.

Please let me know if any of you guys feel the same way about all this!

~Axlejr2196
A.K.A Tarsl Grudd
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Dannflower Reguba

Hey, two woods inn was built long before just about every other less-than-canon structure.  ;) I have a similar feeling, though mine is more towards our lack of trying to make it a model. Let me explain. I thought we were going to try and make things so that all of the structures were in a similar place as in the books.

I must say that I somewhat agree with you, but you do have to admit that having non-canon structures can't be called a bad thing because it adds a fan-made texture to the server, widens the range of people that would actually want to be on the server.

On another note, what canon buildings haven't been built yet?
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

W0NWILL

Well, I know that Sampetra still needs a re-do, I'm pretty sure that Marshank's main building isn't done yet, and Malkariss may be non-existant yet.

Captain Tammo

Quote from: W0NWILL on June 21, 2013, 07:28:38 PM
Well, I know that Sampetra still needs a re-do, I'm pretty sure that Marshank's main building isn't done yet, and Malkariss may be non-existant yet.

No Malkariss is built! The tunnel is just next to Loamhedge

Gears

Quote from: Captain Tammo on June 21, 2013, 08:21:46 PM
Quote from: W0NWILL on June 21, 2013, 07:28:38 PM

No Malkariss is built! The tunnel is just next to Loamhedge
Yeah, it's built, we just need the doomwyte area.

Gears

Quote from: Captain Tammo on June 21, 2013, 04:35:53 AM
Hey guys, I left a message outside redwall. I think all you guys should read it. What it basically says is that I personally think that we've gone a bit crazy with the buildings that were never in the series and its starting to make the server less Redwall centered. Redwall was the heart of Mossflower country in Brian's books. Now there's a large amount of other areas that are competing with redwall to the point where, again in my opinion, it's losing its significance. I think we should terminate all future building projects that were never in the books unless it is approved by majority. I think we should start building applications before just building a massive new creation.

I have been a big contributor to this problem with mole city, the squirrel village, the airships, the two-woods inn rebuild, island fortresses, etc. and I want to fix this and get back to the root reasons we built the server.

Please let me know if any of you guys feel the same way about all this!

~Axlejr2196
A.K.A Tarsl Grudd
I think you're right in some respects, we do need to cool it on OOC structures before we work on the real ones. My original intent was to mix non-canon-but-authentic-looking builds with canon ones. While it's going nicely, I think that no more structures should be built. We should finish the current non-canon ones and the to-do canon ones and no longer continue the builds. I love walking through the server and seeing all the great things you guys built, but now's a good time to stop, we have the perfect ratio of emptyness to living world. If we build any more, there wont be enough people to populate any of them. So Axle has made a very intelligent point. We're so close to being done, and we should focus on finishing. :) Thanks guys!

W0NWILL

With the server going public soon and we still don't have a very steady source of skins outside of I-AmThatIs' skins, I've decided to take it upon myself to supply the server with skins, along with any of our skinners out there, while each not custom-made, they are Redwall-themed. Now, before you all moan and groan about the skin project being doom, because, frankly, I'm terrible at skinning. Everything I make comes out in all its unshaded glory. Anyway, I found something that allows me to cheat with skins, throw together a bunch of premade stuff into a good-looking skin. So I spent last night cheating away with this thing and made three skins, one of which I'm too lazy and tired to put up right now, so bear with me. Another point, I have a bunch of time on my hands currently, and would be happy to make any of you to a skin for your character, or direct you to the cheating thing. So, anyway, tell me what you think of the squirrel and hare.
Skins