News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Minecraft redwall server! Gonna be awesome!

Started by Gears, April 18, 2012, 03:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gears

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on July 16, 2013, 01:43:29 PM
I say no mining. Mining is like the opposite of RP,  I hate it, and there's not a single mine or even pick axe mentioned in the entire series. Perhaps reap awning surface ores. However, if someone in adventure mode gets a pick, they can break blocks.
Yeah, that's kinda what I was thinking. I'll leave the poll up for a few more days to get the complete opinion of everyone. :)
Yeah, I do stuff sometimes.

Dannflower Reguba

I say no mining. Mining is like the opposite of RP,  I hate it, and there's not a single mine or even pick axe mentioned in the entire series. Perhaps reap awning surface ores. However, if someone in adventure mode gets a pick, they can break blocks.

Almost, but not quite true, the sandstone quarry is mentioned MANY times throughout the series, and a quarry is essentially a mine, and the sandstone quarry is (if I'm not mistaken) occasionally referred to as a mine.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Gears

Quote from: danflorreguba on July 16, 2013, 09:49:47 PM

Almost, but not quite true, the sandstone quarry is mentioned MANY times throughout the series, and a quarry is essentially a mine, and the sandstone quarry is (if I'm not mistaken) occasionally referred to as a mine.
Also true, but it was only used once or twice. I'm thinking maybe one or two areas that allow mining, dunno how i'd do that though. :P

Gears

Quote from: Gears on July 16, 2013, 10:30:42 PM
Quote from: danflorreguba on July 16, 2013, 09:49:47 PM

Also true, but it was only used once or twice. I'm thinking maybe one or two areas that allow mining, dunno how i'd do that though. :P
P.S. If we did have mining, what would be the point? Don't people already get kits and weapons for free?

Daniel the crusader

*optional app stuff below*'
Name of character: Daniel the Crusader
History:
Description:
Species: Badger

MOD edit: at Gears' request to just have the application, not the entire first post quoted. ;)

Gears

Gears

movecraft FINALLY updated! I'm going to re-add it and see if it works. :3

Gears

Quote from: Daniel the crusader on July 16, 2013, 11:33:25 PM

*optional app stuff below*'
Name of character: Daniel the Crusader
History:
Description:
Species: Badger

MOD edit: at Gears' request to just have the application, not the entire first post quoted. ;)
What's the name of your minecraft character?

Daniel the crusader

Rusvul

Quote from: Daniel the crusader on July 17, 2013, 10:55:15 PM
sunflash the mace :D
As in your username is this:
sunflash the mace

If I'm not mistaken, then you can't have a space in your username, meaning it would be:
sunflash_the_mace

Or is your username without any spaces, like this:
sunflashthemace

We need the exact wording of your username. Caps, special characters, letters...

Captain Tammo

I want to build a structure from the book. I may go fix sampetrs's walls and taverns since they got deleted in the rollback. Can someone set up a warp to terramort?

Also no mining in minecraft?! I'm a bit confused with the reasoning of that. Can you explain?
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Gears

Quote from: Captain Tammo on July 20, 2013, 07:46:15 PM
I want to build a structure from the book. I may go fix sampetrs's walls and taverns since they got deleted in the rollback. Can someone set up a warp to terramort?

Also no mining in minecraft?! I'm a bit confused with the reasoning of that. Can you explain?
I'm not sure where terramort is... There may already be a warp to it. Also, since this will be an RP server, the focus is on characters, exploration, and combat. If we have mining, then low characters I.E. not captains, etc. Will be able to get diamond gear AND experience orbs. Without mining, we wont have to worry about someone finding a loophole and digging through things.

Rusvul

Also: If you let players have a pickaxe, then you have to have a protection plugin to deter them from breaking blocks. I think the same goes for all tools.

mgsfool

Quote from: Captain Tammo on July 20, 2013, 07:46:15 PM

Rollback?
I believe strongly in eye for an eye don't you agree.

Gears

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on July 20, 2013, 09:46:21 PM
Also: If you let players have a pickaxe, then you have to have a protection plugin to deter them from breaking blocks. I think the same goes for all tools.
We already have one that prevents people from breaking blocks, so we're covered there. :)