News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Minecraft redwall server! Gonna be awesome!

Started by Gears, April 18, 2012, 03:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Gears on July 24, 2013, 05:03:31 PM
Quote from: danflorreguba on July 24, 2013, 05:03:33 AM
Quote from: Gears on July 23, 2013, 08:31:17 PM
Quote from: danflorreguba on July 23, 2013, 03:36:26 PM
Well bats for on.  ::) Not like that's going to change the outcome of anything, but with having only discouraged PvP on a server for combat, you're looking at a really low user number.

As non-canon as they are, zombies and skeletons might be a good thing to have around (especially since if they aren't there then it doesn't matter what time of the day it is.

I'd LIKE to have the new horses in it, but I can totally see why you'd not have them. (technically they ARE canon  ;))

Obviously we aren't going to have destructive creepers, and personally I'm against having spiders.
I can re-add skellies and zombies, and what do you mean discouraged pvp? If anything, we want the pvp to be raging. Just against the right people, I.E. No redwallers fighting redwallers. In fact I would prefer pvp.

Oh..... I thought we were trying to keep PvP to a minimum... Okay, lol. I vote that we keep the arena PvP instead of going mob.
No problem! I love pvp, and I want to see it raging across the land. Huge faction battles would be really cool too. :D

I love PvP too.  :) We could arrange giant battles if we get enough people on the server. That would be.... epic.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Rusvul

If you're gonna have a lot of pvp, I suggest keepinventory. /gamerule keepInventory true

W0NWILL

We already have keepinventory. Or maybe I turned it on for me and forgot about it.

Gears

Quote from: W0NWILL on July 24, 2013, 08:53:57 PM
We already have keepinventory. Or maybe I turned it on for me and forgot about it.
I think this will be a mods-only thing, or else then robbers and corsairs would get nothing for murdering and stealing. :/
Yeah, I do stuff sometimes.

Dannflower Reguba

Gears, isn't there a pluggin that actually allows admins (and possibly Mods) to literally go into players inventories and take out or put in or just mess around with the stuff? That would be a good thing to have around just to have another way of keeping players from picking on each other too much.

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Gears

Quote from: danflorreguba on July 25, 2013, 02:33:23 AM
Gears, isn't there a pluggin that actually allows admins (and possibly Mods) to literally go into players inventories and take out or put in or just mess around with the stuff? That would be a good thing to have around just to have another way of keeping players from picking on each other too much.

That sounds good! I don't remember the name of it though, I'll look.

Gears

SECONDARY TO-DO:

Edit kits so they no longer contain signs.

Gears

Rusvul

I know of one called Vaults. Also has infinite inv space for ops.

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Gears on July 25, 2013, 02:53:30 AM
Also, found that inventory plugin. :D

YAY! I knew it existed, just don't really know where to go looking for pluggins.

There's another one that I've seen on servers, when you have it, you can type /chest to open a special inventory (the size of a large chest) where you can put stuff so that you will still have it after you die.

Question, if I turned on a pluggin for me, would I be able to use it on the server without affecting anyone else?

Gears

Quote from: danflorreguba on July 25, 2013, 02:02:36 PM
Quote from: Gears on July 25, 2013, 02:53:30 AM
Also, found that inventory plugin. :D

YAY! I knew it existed, just don't really know where to go looking for pluggins.

There's another one that I've seen on servers, when you have it, you can type /chest to open a special inventory (the size of a large chest) where you can put stuff so that you will still have it after you die.

Question, if I turned on a pluggin for me, would I be able to use it on the server without affecting anyone else?
What do you mean?

Dannflower Reguba

So if I downloaded a pluggin and turned it on, would it work on the server for me?

Rusvul

Plugins are serverside, not clientside. If there is a plugin on a server, all players are affected by it, regardless of what mods they have installed. Mods are clientside, and only affect the person who has them installed. You can install mods on a server, but if you do, all players connecting to the server must have those mods. You cannot install plugins on your client. Client mods with certain gameplay changes (TMI, Optifine, any shader pack) will work for you on a server, but won't affect anyone else. Any mod that adds new items won't have any effect on a server.

Gears

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on July 25, 2013, 03:17:32 AM
I know of one called Vaults. Also has infinite inv space for ops.
Like the plugin, vault? Or a inventory plugin named vault?

Also: Got a sign shop plugin installed, feel free to make your own shops, but make sure the only thing that they can give is golden nuggets. The loot plugin seems to be working well, re-added a no-firespread plugin.

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on July 25, 2013, 09:30:05 PM
Plugins are serverside, not clientside. If there is a plugin on a server, all players are affected by it, regardless of what mods they have installed. Mods are clientside, and only affect the person who has them installed. You can install mods on a server, but if you do, all players connecting to the server must have those mods. You cannot install plugins on your client. Client mods with certain gameplay changes (TMI, Optifine, any shader pack) will work for you on a server, but won't affect anyone else. Any mod that adds new items won't have any effect on a server.

What about special affects?