News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Minecraft redwall server! Gonna be awesome!

Started by Gears, April 18, 2012, 03:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gears

Quote from: danflorreguba on July 25, 2013, 10:45:11 PM
Quote from: rusvulthesaber on July 25, 2013, 09:30:05 PM
Plugins are serverside, not clientside. If there is a plugin on a server, all players are affected by it, regardless of what mods they have installed. Mods are clientside, and only affect the person who has them installed. You can install mods on a server, but if you do, all players connecting to the server must have those mods. You cannot install plugins on your client. Client mods with certain gameplay changes (TMI, Optifine, any shader pack) will work for you on a server, but won't affect anyone else. Any mod that adds new items won't have any effect on a server.

What about special affects?
What exactly do you have in mind? If you told us what you wanted, we'd be able to tell ya. :D
Yeah, I do stuff sometimes.

Rusvul

Err, there's no need for a no firespread plugin, you can do /gamerule doFireTick false
I think that will disable firespread. There is a plugin called Vaults that allows infinite storage space that you open with the command /vault (Player) (Number)
I believe you can also edit others invs, and with permission plugins I believe you can give players the ability to have one vault and no more. And, for PVP, you'd always want to have good gear on, so, having a storage space on-the-go would kinda not help a lot. I, personally, as a player without the ability to give myself all the stuff I need, wouldn't engage in PVP. Just the same as I don't like perma-death games. In an RPG server, if you lose all your stuff, you basically lose your entire character progression, and I find it really frustrating to start all over in a game from one measly little death. Also, do we have any way to prevent camping? Remember, anything that can be done on a public server, will be done by someone. Someone is going to find a full suit of very OP armor, and then camp and spawn-kill everyone. Or, just roam around killing the noobs and taking all their stuff. Which ties in to why we should have keepinv on.

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on July 26, 2013, 03:00:27 AM
Err, there's no need for a no firespread plugin, you can do /gamerule doFireTick false
I think that will disable firespread. There is a plugin called Vaults that allows infinite storage space that you open with the command /vault (Player) (Number)
I believe you can also edit others invs, and with permission plugins I believe you can give players the ability to have one vault and no more. And, for PVP, you'd always want to have good gear on, so, having a storage space on-the-go would kinda not help a lot. I, personally, as a player without the ability to give myself all the stuff I need, wouldn't engage in PVP. Just the same as I don't like perma-death games. In an RPG server, if you lose all your stuff, you basically lose your entire character progression, and I find it really frustrating to start all over in a game from one measly little death. Also, do we have any way to prevent camping? Remember, anything that can be done on a public server, will be done by someone. Someone is going to find a full suit of very OP armor, and then camp and spawn-kill everyone. Or, just roam around killing the noobs and taking all their stuff. Which ties in to why we should have keepinv on.

If someone is taking over we easily have the power to drop his hold... If you get what I mean.

@Gears: I've seen people do this with Vanilla minecraft, so I'm not sure if there's a mod for it or not or whatever, but I've seen people set things up so that they could do a really long jump-dash thing, or have a higher jump, stuff like that.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Captain Tammo

I hate to interrupt, but can we set up a warp to terramort? Lol
On a side note, I DON'T think mobs are a good idea. I think we should keep it simpler.

Also, do you guys want to change some of the landscaping? I feel like we have redwall surrounded by mountains! Just a personal opinion, I know we can't get the entire landscape exactly the way it is in the book without taking 100 years, but just a thought to throw around :)
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Rusvul

Quote from: danflorreguba on July 26, 2013, 05:27:10 AM
@Gears: I've seen people do this with Vanilla minecraft, so I'm not sure if there's a mod for it or not or whatever, but I've seen people set things up so that they could do a really long jump-dash thing, or have a higher jump, stuff like that.
The jump boost potion effect. Do /effect jump (Duration) (Power)
Each point of duration is one extra tick the jump boost will last for, each point of power boosts your jump by a half a block.

Gears

Hmmm... That sounds good, but I still think that no items on drop would be bad for robbers. Is there a way to configure what drops from who?

Gears

If someone is taking over we easily have the power to drop his hold... If you get what I mean.

That's vanilla minecraft, so it can only be for you. It may be a bit op though. :/

Gears

@rusvul-

Thanks! I forgot about that one. Removing firespread plugin... :D

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Captain Tammo on July 26, 2013, 05:29:29 AM
I hate to interrupt, but can we set up a warp to terramort? Lol
On a side note, I DON'T think mobs are a good idea. I think we should keep it simpler.

Also, do you guys want to change some of the landscaping? I feel like we have redwall surrounded by mountains! Just a personal opinion, I know we can't get the entire landscape exactly the way it is in the book without taking 100 years, but just a thought to throw around :)

If you're going to mess with the terrain, don't mess with the stuff behind Redwall, I started building back there. You can demolish the thing that my old inn is on though.

Quote from: Gears on July 26, 2013, 01:39:18 PM

That's vanilla minecraft, so it can only be for you. It may be a bit op though. :/

Just looking for things to mess around with.  ;)

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

W0NWILL

Oh, no, I like the mountains around Redwall. They give it more character, even if it isn't all-canon, as well as wonderful places to build.

Another thing, right outside the entrance to the bat mountpit(/warp batmountpit), there's a non-canon castle and farm. Could I remove those without anyone being really pissed?

And I think that only bats should be allowed to spawn on the server, since they're the only canon animal in Vanilla. There's only so far you can go with nether fences to the ceiling. So, not Zombies or Skellies or Creepys. Not even pigs. Maybe Chickens?

And about the kits, is there a way to make it that if you chose the bat kit last that you would never run out of night vision? Cuz bat is just fine and dandy for dark attacks until you run out of potion and are stuck with an enchanted feather until you die.

Oh, one last thing, I was playing with someone(dunno who), and he asked if there was a way to remove the ~ in front of the nicknames. So, now it'd look like: [ADMIN]~W0NWILL: Derp. he wanted to know if it could look like [ADMIN]W0NWILL: Derp. or W0NWILL: Derp.

Rusvul

If we get an NBTeditor, I can easily make infinite nightvision potions. The BookOfSouls NBTeditor or WraithNBT are the best plugins.

Butternator223

i would like to join i am a very big redwall fan.

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Butternator223 on July 27, 2013, 08:14:08 PM
i would like to join i am a very big redwall fan.

Then go read the first post.

Gears

Quote from: W0NWILL on July 26, 2013, 07:29:48 PM
Oh, no, I like the mountains around Redwall. They give it more character, even if it isn't all-canon, as well as wonderful places to build.

Another thing, right outside the entrance to the bat mountpit(/warp batmountpit), there's a non-canon castle and farm. Could I remove those without anyone being really pissed?

And I think that only bats should be allowed to spawn on the server, since they're the only canon animal in Vanilla. There's only so far you can go with nether fences to the ceiling. So, not Zombies or Skellies or Creepys. Not even pigs. Maybe Chickens?

And about the kits, is there a way to make it that if you chose the bat kit last that you would never run out of night vision? Cuz bat is just fine and dandy for dark attacks until you run out of potion and are stuck with an enchanted feather until you die.

Oh, one last thing, I was playing with someone(dunno who), and he asked if there was a way to remove the ~ in front of the nicknames. So, now it'd look like: [ADMIN]~W0NWILL: Derp. he wanted to know if it could look like [ADMIN]W0NWILL: Derp. or W0NWILL: Derp.
I'll take a look into that, and also, try the warp /gingevere or something like that. That may be it, but it's ugly and needs to be revamped.

Gears

Ok guys, we have A LOT of plugins, which do tend to increase lag. Thus, I'm starting a vote.

Yay to Keep Plugins

Nay to Discard.

We will go on a voting system. I will list the plugins and what they do (unless it's self-explanatory) and you will vote on them.

Here's what it will look like:

Small chickens (makes chickens tiny)

What you would say:

Small Chickens: Nay

Then we would weed out the useless/ineffective plugins. Suggestions for better/combined plugins are welcome!

CustomGates (Allows people to create working gates)
Fortress (Allows people to claim land)
Headshots (Headshawts)
HealthBar
Phatloots (customizeable loot containers which replenish after a certain amount of time)
TimTheEnchanter (assists in the enchantment of items)
World Edit (I don't think we'll need this when the server goes live, but we'll see.)
SignShops
Vault (Allows admins to look into player's invies. Also allows players to store their loot in cyber chests with commands.)
Guilds (creates faction names)
Sheath (allows sheathing of swords)
Movecraft (Moving ships, carts, etc.)
Vanish( Allows admins to vanish)