News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Minecraft redwall server! Gonna be awesome!

Started by Gears, April 18, 2012, 03:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Tammo

How far did you roll the server back to? I haven't had a chance to hop on
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Gears

Not too far, few days from whitelisting Atrum16 at Most. Maybe not even.
Yeah, I do stuff sometimes.

Captain Tammo

Riftguard is just about done. It needs some looting chests and surrounding area but we're good for the most part!

Also I am working on a series of treasure chests scattered throughout major and minor locations. When finished ill put the individual clues in Mole City Library.

As for the AbbeyTesting warp, I think we should replace the old abbey with it ASAP and move things along! Is it just a simple copy and paste? If so I can do that.

Next, experience and materials. How will people get it if there is no mining aloud? Also, how will people get materials for tools? If mining is to remain banned, I suggest that we have shops sell Bottles O' Enchanting as well as raw materials for people to use at their will. But if a shopkeeper is running low on a certain material, I say we should work something out where they (the shopkeeper) buys materials from the server using gold nuggets. They will be fairly cheap, so that shopkeepers get some profit. However even then, how will we get the money back into the world? I suppose looting chests could work, but that could become very tedious. I suppose i could set up a bank (maybe at redwall?) where people can have bank acounts and get interest and we could get money to people that way? I could write up a formula to make at work, just vermin probably wont have a bank account, would they XD. Do you see where I am coming from?

Lastly, what's the next build? I want to start RPing soon!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

W0NWILL

When I was on the server with Art16 a while back, he spawned giants and creepers on bats at Redwall, spamming spawning and smite, and creating rectangles of blocks in thin air, and getting in the way of my work in doing so. While fun at first, this has become annoying and a hindrance to me and my building. If my warning next time I see him goes unheeded, may I demote him?

Gears

Quote from: W0NWILL on August 27, 2013, 08:45:39 PM
When I was on the server with Art16 a while back, he spawned giants and creepers on bats at Redwall, spamming spawning and smite, and creating rectangles of blocks in thin air, and getting in the way of my work in doing so. While fun at first, this has become annoying and a hindrance to me and my building. If my warning next time I see him goes unheeded, may I demote him?
You may indeed, I was at my grandparents for the weekend and until tuesday, but I was planning on talking to him about that. Hopefully a demotion will bring him back to reality. Sometimes it's good to nip it in the bud, that power can really mess some people up. XD

Gears

Quote from: Captain Tammo on August 26, 2013, 05:44:59 PM
Riftguard is just about done. It needs some looting chests and surrounding area but we're good for the most part!

Also I am working on a series of treasure chests scattered throughout major and minor locations. When finished ill put the individual clues in Mole City Library.

As for the AbbeyTesting warp, I think we should replace the old abbey with it ASAP and move things along! Is it just a simple copy and paste? If so I can do that.

Next, experience and materials. How will people get it if there is no mining aloud? Also, how will people get materials for tools? If mining is to remain banned, I suggest that we have shops sell Bottles O' Enchanting as well as raw materials for people to use at their will. But if a shopkeeper is running low on a certain material, I say we should work something out where they (the shopkeeper) buys materials from the server using gold nuggets. They will be fairly cheap, so that shopkeepers get some profit. However even then, how will we get the money back into the world? I suppose looting chests could work, but that could become very tedious. I suppose i could set up a bank (maybe at redwall?) where people can have bank acounts and get interest and we could get money to people that way? I could write up a formula to make at work, just vermin probably wont have a bank account, would they XD. Do you see where I am coming from?

Lastly, what's the next build? I want to start RPing soon!
Awesome! Great work! Sorry I couldn't reply to this sooner, I was away. :/ And definitely, you may do so, or I may try to when I have time. For experience, we will have killing mobs and others do the trick. For mining, we disabled it because we wanted balance to be in the server, I didn't want a runty level-one weasel murdering a badger just because he has been doing some mining, if we allow mining, it will increase lag, (more plugins to make it work) and it will render most of the kits irrelevant. I was thinking of completely not having it, since it would only effect RPing all the more. I think that's a very, very good idea. And I'm not sure what you mean, but each kit gives you a certain amount of money to start out with, so the bank idea is good, but also the main source of revenue will be buying, selling, and looting. I.E. Ferret kills mouse, gets money, buys bread with said money, shopkeeper gets murderized by badger, badger gets money, etc. I really do see where you're coming from, and I like it a lot, but I think we should have it as a seperate bank kind of thing, as Redwall never had a bank, and that way we could make it available to all creatures. :)

Captain Tammo

The server is having mobs?? What mobs did we agree on having?

Gears

Quote from: Captain Tammo on August 28, 2013, 05:25:38 PM
The server is having mobs?? What mobs did we agree on having?
We're going to stick to bats, zombies, and skellies. I'm still working on implementing them.

Captain Tammo

Oh boy, not zombies! I feel like every hollow area will have to be lit or else all we'll hear is
BRRRRAAAAAAAAAAIIIINNNS!
In all of the walls!

Gears

Quote from: Captain Tammo on August 29, 2013, 11:29:38 PM
Oh boy, not zombies! I feel like every hollow area will have to be lit or else all we'll hear is
BRRRRAAAAAAAAAAIIIINNNS!
In all of the walls!
I'm trying to get it so that they spawn in light and don't burn, that way they can be off-line robbers and such. XD

Captain Tammo

....interesting. Are we still doing the texture pack? Because we could have zombies look like rats! And Skeletons look like weasels or something! If not, we could just pretend they're gangs called the "Skeleton empire!" And the "Green swamp-rats" (or another name) that go around and terrorize all!

Btw I transferred the "AbbeyTesting" over and changed the cellars location to someplace more convenient.

Redwall's library was confusing me though. There was never one in the books, the closest thing to it was the gatehouse. Should we change the library into something else or keep it?

Also what other builds need to be done before launch? How far do we have to go?

Gears

Quote from: Captain Tammo on August 30, 2013, 11:27:21 PM
....interesting. Are we still doing the texture pack? Because we could have zombies look like rats! And Skeletons look like weasels or something! If not, we could just pretend they're gangs called the "Skeleton empire!" And the "Green swamp-rats" (or another name) that go around and terrorize all!

Btw I transferred the "AbbeyTesting" over and changed the cellars location to someplace more convenient.

Redwall's library was confusing me though. There was never one in the books, the closest thing to it was the gatehouse. Should we change the library into something else or keep it?

Also what other builds need to be done before launch? How far do we have to go?
We have the library to act as a centric information room(it will have lots of songs, poems, and short stories in it) if you have a better place to put it, then sure. :)

Captain Tammo

Oh ok that makes sense!
I was talking to someone on the server and we were wondering how close we are to launch?

Gears

Quote from: Captain Tammo on August 31, 2013, 05:29:49 PM
Oh ok that makes sense!
I was talking to someone on the server and we were wondering how close we are to launch?
80% or so. We need to do a little more building, I have to do some coding, and books and poems need to be written, as well as chests need to be replaced with phatloots so we don't have to stock them.

Captain Tammo

Are we talking about doing every single riddle or just a few (like 5 or 6)? Maybe we could put in just a couple riddles then rotate some out every month or so to keep things spicy. That way there's almost always something new and we don't drain ourselves doing all of them at once. We could split the load between a bunch of us: everybody does one riddle so no single person has to carry the weight.

How do you do a "phatloot"??

What buildings have to be made?

I know this sounds impatient, but I think we should just launch the server and start RPing before others lose interest. What do you think?