News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Minecraft redwall server! Gonna be awesome!

Started by Gears, April 18, 2012, 03:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Varleyfray

Gears

Quote from: Varleyfray on May 10, 2012, 09:32:09 PM
Awesome, thanks for hosting for us, Latna (Snowshovel?)!
Nope, It's mattyq :D
Yeah, I do stuff sometimes.

Gears

Progress report, and to do list:'
Inside of Salamandastron (50-75% complete)
Tussok redo/refurbish (10% complete)
Marshank buildings(50% complete)
Interior building of sampetra(75% complete)
Redwall Interior(90% complete)

Anything that i forgot that we need to do/make/finish?
And, Congratualtions! When all these buildings are done, to celebrate the release, every helper/op/person who joined now gets the completed map!

eualaia

i owns the potion shop i sell nettle soup and potions/poisons
wolves will slay whoever they want to.....*growl* "AGHH''

Varleyfray

Brockhall is still missing the sleeping quarters, I think, and some work still needs to be done on the abbey interior.

Gears

Quote from: Varleyfray on May 11, 2012, 06:46:05 AM
Brockhall is still missing the sleeping quarters, I think, and some work still needs to be done on the abbey interior.
Ah I'll add that, but i finished brockhall. ;D

Latna

Heads up, the server is down temporarily for maintenance while I upgrade the RAM and add a plugin. Shouldn't be long. =)

ADDENDUM:
The server is back up. See my post below for instructions on how to login. Also, some commands may be junked at the moment as I work out the permission nodes for all the different plugins, so bear with me. Anyone who can log in and test commands with me throughout the day, your help would be appreciated. =)
Ask me about Redwall MUCK!
http://redwallabbey.com/forum/index.php?topic=1823.msg66205#msg66205

[url=http://rwmuck.limitless.

Latna

Sorry for the double post.

The server is back up and running right. Because we have the server set so those who may or may not have actually purchased Minecraft can access it, I've added a login plugin so nobody can inadvertently (or purposefully) login using your name on a hacked client.

The first time you access the server, starting now, you'll need to /register a password.

After you have /registered the first time, from then on (including immediately after you register) you will need to /login. The server will not let you do anything, include move or chat, until you've used /login.

An example of how this works:

TimTebadger tries to login for the first time. He sees a message saying "You must /register!"
TimTebadger types: /register funkymonkey
Then, to login, TimTebadger types: /login funkymonkey

He won't ever have to /register again.

A few notes! The passwords are stored in a secure MySQL database, rather than in a text file or something, so if the server breaks, we don't lose all the login info. Also, I CAN change your password if you forget it. Rather than you telling me what you want your password to be, I will reset it to something generic, and then you will change your password to what you want once you're in game.

If you have any trouble, feel free to reply here, or PM me.

ADDENDUM:
Throughout the next few days, if there are any commands that you're trying which don't seem to work, but you think should, please let me know, so I can give you the appropriate permission. =)

eualaia

am i a moderator now my nametag is purple or blue i cannot tell colors since one of my eyes doesnt work right
wolves will slay whoever they want to.....*growl* "AGHH''

Gears

Well, Big thanks to latna for running this server! He has put tons of effort into this to make it huge!

Varleyfray

Indeed! Latna (MattyQ) has done a good job up getting a solid server up and working permissions into the thing!

WildDoogyPlumm

My friend, GummyBunny, wants to join but is not allowed on these forums.  Can they please join?
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Varleyfray

Quote from: WildDoogyPlumm on May 11, 2012, 11:56:26 PM
My friend, GummyBunny, wants to join but is not allowed on these forums.  Can they please join?

---have your friend fill out the ap, and then you can PM it to Gears.---

View Profile Email Personal Message (Offline)    

Re: Minecraft redwall server! Gonna be awesome!
« Reply #129 on: May 09, 2012, 10:39:52 PM »    Reply with quote
Here is the post:

Hey guys! i finally got enough people together for the making of the server!! As of now, we need people on here to help build the redwall universe, and after that we'll need people to moderate/play/whatever. This will be a Roleplay server, with special classes, with different loadouts! There will be your run-of-the-mill good guys, and the baddies, like rats, toads, and corsairs! We have quite a few plugins installed, like movecraft, worldwarp, epic gates, and tons of others! To join, this is the App you must fill out:

In game name:
Do you love redwall?:
Do you know alot about it?:
Secret word:
how often do you check your PM's?:  (i need this so i can issue a new ip every day.)
Free minecraft, or paid?:

After you fill that out, i will check it! If you are banned for some reason. (Lord, i hope not!) You can also make a ban appeal. When you join, you will be switched to creative to start building. After this is all done, with will proceed to have the most awesome roleplay ever! I will be hosting it on my machine, very frequently. (almost every day.) Every new day i will issue a new ip to join with, because my router changes it's ip for security reasons like clockwork. It's really annoying, but I'll just have to (secret word: Matthias) deal with it.

Rules:
1. No griefing
2. No stealing from anyone, unless you are a rat, or some other evil beast.
3. No swearing. redwall type swears are allowed, such as YOU YELLOW BELLIED SCUM SCRAPER! Cheesy
4. When not roleplaying, you must have ( and ) at the beginning and end of your sentences.
5. No mods or hacks.... 'nuff said.
6. use common sense. If it makes people mad, and they don't have anger issues, it's probably wrong.
7. PVP is allowed, not excessively though. Only attack if they are enemies, (like rats and mice) Or your character has a personal quarrel.
8. Animals are turned off, since redwallers do not use animal products. chickens will be turned on for the evil characters, and for the good ones, for feathers.

After you have made an app, read the rules, and got accepted, Here's how it will go down:
1. You join as a guest.
2. You pick what race and class you want, with their custom loadout.
3. Soon, your custom skin will be made, and sent to you to wear whenever you are on the server.
4. If you have the free client, skins are not necessary.
5. If you DO have a paid account, and you don't wear your skin, you will be kicked.

Some of these rules don't apply as of now, since we are still in the creation stage.
To those in redwall forums: I'm posting this on minecraft forums too, so sorry if it sounded like you all knew nothing about redwall. XD

Gears

Update: As of now, Latna, Varleyfray,snowshovel and Matthias720 can now approve your apps!

Latna

After some issues last night, the server is back up and running.