News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Minecraft redwall server! Gonna be awesome!

Started by Gears, April 18, 2012, 03:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latna

For the issue related to the not-being-able-to-move thing, please PM me your username so I can figure out why it's affecting you. =)
Ask me about Redwall MUCK!
http://redwallabbey.com/forum/index.php?topic=1823.msg66205#msg66205

[url=http://rwmuck.limitless.

Gears

Quote from: Latna on May 13, 2012, 01:37:27 PM
For the issue related to the not-being-able-to-move thing, please PM me your username so I can figure out why it's affecting you. =)
Well, she's MuttR. I don't think she has the perms to dothat. I'm not sure if you have another geoup that's one step up, but you could prolly move her into that. :)
Yeah, I do stuff sometimes.

psybox

Quote from: Gears on May 13, 2012, 01:22:16 PM
Quote from: psybox on May 13, 2012, 01:23:12 AM
i'm still not sure how to run the free version.  whenever i try run the free version it says "can't start minecraft. please check the file 'minecraft.exe' in the following directory:
c:\Users\[personal information so i'll not post it]\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft"
\
Ok. I know your problem. When you start up minecraft, make sure to click the little box that says "force update" Then everything will be ok. Just don't do it every time though, only once. :D
it didn't work. is the free version updated?  and isn't minecraft a .jar, not an .exe?
oh. fixed.

eualaia

wolves will slay whoever they want to.....*growl* "AGHH''

Gears

Quote from: eualaia on May 13, 2012, 04:41:50 PM
the free version is never updated
Wrong frre version, dude. @ psybox. It is an ,exe, you just click forceupdate.
EDIT: Sent from my phone, sorry for the horribobble typing. :P

eualaia

Quote from: Gears on May 13, 2012, 05:12:19 PM
its never updated automaticly
wolves will slay whoever they want to.....*growl* "AGHH''

Gears

Quote from: eualaia on May 13, 2012, 06:00:42 PM
Quote from: Gears on May 13, 2012, 05:12:19 PM
its never updated automaticly
WRONG FREE VERSION! I'm not talking about classic....

Matthias720

Gears

Quote from: Matthias720 on May 13, 2012, 06:45:52 PM
Server is looking good! 8)
Thanks alot! Status update:
Marshank: 75% done
Salamandastron: 100% done!
Redwall: 98% done (yay!)
We're almost there! In marshank, i just need someone to make the main building, and finish the storerooms! I finished sala, and I'm also going to finish Redwall! Can someone please finish Marshank?

Something Horrifying

I'm no good at really big projects or things that have to be accurate to the book in a very specific way, but I was wondering if maybe I could contribute by building smaller things around in the map, like little homes and treehouses and things, just as fun little things for people to find to make the world really seem inhabited and more real? Most of them would even be semi hidden, or at least small, just cool little places for people to discover as they explore between larger landmarks. Maybe some could even be available at some point to players that want a home for a character without building it? Just an idea.

(Also, I'm assuming the server is currently down? I'm not being able to connect.)
SEPULCHRITUUUUUUUUUUU-UUUDE!

Fanfics: Blackness (complete) --- Recovery (in progress)
Art: Art Thread --- MS Paint Redwall

Varleyfray

@Something Horrifying:  Sure. As long as the structures are in keeping with the tone of major buildings (i.e. they don't look to modern) then I don't see why not.  Also be sure you're not building too near any of the other buildings, or over the top of someone's already secret house. ;)  (My house is quite large, and most of it is hidden!)

Latna

Hey, apologies everyone. I've been running into an issue where the server keeps crashing after being idle overnight for too long. It's consistent, so I THINK it's probably related to Java trying to update while two server instances are open. Anyway, we'll see how it goes tonight. =)

Addendum: Which is to say, it's back up and running.
Ask me about Redwall MUCK!
http://redwallabbey.com/forum/index.php?topic=1823.msg66205#msg66205

[url=http://rwmuck.limitless.

Gears

Yeah, @SH That sounds great! Little houses scattered over the map would be nice, and add ambiance, and maybe a few broken-down ones. :)

psybox

am i doing something wrong, or is the server down?  either would be likely.  first minecraft server I've joined.

Something Horrifying

Quote from: psybox on May 15, 2012, 02:17:07 AM
am i doing something wrong, or is the server down?  either would be likely.  first minecraft server I've joined.
The server is definitely up, since I'm currently in it...have you been added to the whitelist?
SEPULCHRITUUUUUUUUUUU-UUUDE!

Fanfics: Blackness (complete) --- Recovery (in progress)
Art: Art Thread --- MS Paint Redwall