News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Minecraft redwall server! Gonna be awesome!

Started by Gears, April 18, 2012, 03:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gears

Quote from: Something Horrifying on May 18, 2012, 10:25:17 PM
Quote from: Gears on May 18, 2012, 12:42:01 PM
Quote from: Something Horrifying on May 18, 2012, 07:16:50 AM
Will this be a totally open RP, by the way, or will we have to submit character profiles for acceptance?
Ok, let me explain how this rping will work. I absolutely HATE the servers where your app is like "oh la-dee-da, fill out what you would do if you saw an elf being attacked. Make it six thousand words." I want people to have tons of fun while roleplaying. In-game, they just pick species and occupation, then get cracking! That way we have the maximum amount of fun! :3
Oh, haha, I didn't mean anything that extreme, I don't really like outrageously extensive apps either. I meant something more like, min. paragraph of personality, paragraph of appearance, paragraph or two of history, something like that, just to get a feel for the characters. Even an optional profile or something might be kind of cool, so people can look over what other characters are around, have a reference for appearances in an easy-to-find place, etc. I kind of like the idea of having a record somewhere permanent (like a forum) of different characters, so you can see who's around to RP with, and make sure you don't make a character too similar in concept to someone else's. Just throwing ideas out there. lol
Hrm. That sounds good. Maybe like forty words, or optional. I don't really want people to feel obligated to put that out there, but I'll definitely add that to the app. :D
Yeah, I do stuff sometimes.

Gears

Quote from: Latna on May 19, 2012, 02:03:58 PM
For the ease of roleplay, it might be handy to have a thread just for the Minecraft RP characters. Since we can use /nick to change our names, and people should be able to change species and occupation at will (<<still working on the latter), there's no reason why players can't have multiple characters, and it may be difficult to keep track without a reference.

I would be interested in translating said character thread into a wiki, too, for EASIER reference, though I think the thread is better starting place since not everyone is comfortable editing wikis.
Sorry for double post, but i think that's a great idea! I'll make a thread for that so people can create their characters there. :D

Something Horrifying

So, I've never actually RPed on Minecraft before--how exactly will it work? *only just now asking this, lol*

I have a character pretty developed, though he doesn't yet have a name...and I'm oddly inspired to actually write his history out as a short story, so I'll probably do that soon. I'm also trying to reread more of the books, especially ones with searats, since my character used to be one. (Look out, Beeky has a habit of getting super in-depth with her characters.)
SEPULCHRITUUUUUUUUUUU-UUUDE!

Fanfics: Blackness (complete) --- Recovery (in progress)
Art: Art Thread --- MS Paint Redwall

psybox

i would think it would be similar to text rping, only with minecraft buildings and doing actions rather than typing actions.

Latna

Quote from: Something Horrifying on May 20, 2012, 11:00:56 PM
So, I've never actually RPed on Minecraft before--how exactly will it work? *only just now asking this, lol*

I think we may have/could add multiple chat channels pretty easily, too, so people could RP together (text-wise) outside of the main channel. The global channel might best be kept as an OOC channel, and the multiple channels would help keep different RPs straight.

OR, it might just be a matter of putting tags on the beginning your RP chats, like, "(RW) Latna brooms at the dusty floors with little effect. He sighs. The chores of the Abbey novice are never thrilling." <<where (RW) indicates Latna is in Redwall Abbey.
Ask me about Redwall MUCK!
http://redwallabbey.com/forum/index.php?topic=1823.msg66205#msg66205

[url=http://rwmuck.limitless.

Gears

Quote from: Latna on May 21, 2012, 12:10:46 PM
Quote from: Something Horrifying on May 20, 2012, 11:00:56 PM

I think we may have/could add multiple chat channels pretty easily, too, so people could RP together (text-wise) outside of the main channel. The global channel might best be kept as an OOC channel, and the multiple channels would help keep different RPs straight.

OR, it might just be a matter of putting tags on the beginning your RP chats, like, "(RW) Latna brooms at the dusty floors with little effect. He sighs. The chores of the Abbey novice are never thrilling." <<where (RW) indicates Latna is in Redwall Abbey.
Super awesome idea! We should definitely do that. :D

Status report:
Castle floret(we forgot this one. XP): 0%
Marshank: 50% Come on guys! XD

Galedeep

This sounds like fine sport, but alas! I have no ownership of Minecraft. But migh you have the chance, would one consider posting screen shots of your fantastic adventures here?

Latna

Quote from: Galedeep on May 23, 2012, 12:40:42 AM
This sounds like fine sport, but alas! I have no ownership of Minecraft. But migh you have the chance, would one consider posting screen shots of your fantastic adventures here?

If you were to somehow come by a free client, ve haff ways of letting you participate.

psybox

have you fixed the /class problem?  or would someone able to set me to be a marlbeast?

Gears

Quote from: psybox on May 23, 2012, 02:53:58 PM
have you fixed the /class problem?  or would someone able to set me to be a marlbeast?
I'm not sure. When is everyone on?? I can never see anyone anymore. :(

Tannsrall

MY computer won't run minecraft! I guess I will try my grandma's computer. (It is slower but they bought it this year.)
if you not shoopid then don' ask shoopid questions - mousebabe from Bellmaker

I am the law!

-

Varleyfray

I have returned! ...but I'll be leaving out of town this weekend. Again. :\

Something Horrifying

Quote from: Gears on May 24, 2012, 04:08:27 PM
Quote from: psybox on May 23, 2012, 02:53:58 PM
I'm not sure. When is everyone on?? I can never see anyone anymore. :(
Me? Usually anywhere between 9pm and 3am PST. XD Though lately I haven't been going in much because no one is ever around at the same time as I am. Hopefully soon I'll have more days off/day shifts at work so I'll get home before 9.
SEPULCHRITUUUUUUUUUUU-UUUDE!

Fanfics: Blackness (complete) --- Recovery (in progress)
Art: Art Thread --- MS Paint Redwall

Latna

I'm still here, haha! I catch Psy on a lot, but nobody else. I'm sure it's just a busy week or so.

The /class thing is getting fixed, slowly but surely. I've actually been talking to the fellow who develops CommandsEX about implementing a self-promote structure that will let us do what we want. For the time being, the admins and mods will just have to promote new players to the class they want.

That's not too big a deal, though. We're probably pretty near ready to start RPing, if we want. Snow seems to have a bunch of RP skins, and we may be able to distribute a texture pack soon.

mgsfool

shame to bad there is a frieken white list
I believe strongly in eye for an eye don't you agree.