News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Random Polls

Started by Vilu Daskar, October 09, 2015, 11:00:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Best Secondary Color.

Purple?
11 (31.4%)
Orange?
8 (22.9%)
Green?
16 (45.7%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Søren

Sports (including golf and tennis, not sure if they've been mentioned) aren't for everyone. But for those who like it, it is a good way to have fun at least.

I'm retired from the forum

Jetthebinturong

I find that sports don't interest me. Sports that you can do without actually playing a sport (like swimming (or maybe just swimming)) do. Competition=feelings=people getting angry=people getting stupid=not fun. Though I do find tennis to be okay.

On watching, I just don't see the point of watching sport more than once? It's just the same thing over and over with little to no variation which bores me.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Søren

That may be true of, say, bowling. Or poker, if that's a sport. But I like watching because I can follow the team, see how they respond to different adversities from opponents. (Blowout games usually aren't that fun to watch unless you're the winning team. ;D) But if it's two, evenly matched opponents, it's exciting, to me. :)

I'm retired from the forum

Perifaen

Does anyone here play golf? I have a friend who plays it and many times I have no idea what they're talking about.
"Somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile and finds in your presence that life is worth while. So when you are lonely, remember it's true, somebody somewhere is thinking of you :)" I don't know who wrote this but I really like it.

Vilu Daskar

I play disc golf. It's similar to golf.
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Cornflower MM

Heyy, Vilu! Nice of you to pop in.

Perifaen

Welcome back, even if it was only for afew days. So, do you know what a taco is in golf? (Not sure if that's how you spell it)
"Somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile and finds in your presence that life is worth while. So when you are lonely, remember it's true, somebody somewhere is thinking of you :)" I don't know who wrote this but I really like it.

Vilu Daskar

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Vilu Daskar

James Gryphon

Clearly it must be the cougar. It's the biggest member of family felinae. That means it can maul you and purr at the same time. None of these other cats can do that so well.
« Subject to editing »

Vilu Daskar

Clearly a mix between the King of Beasts and a tiger is the best.

James Gryphon

Neither lions nor tigers can purr at all. That automatically gives cougars a huge advantage over them.

Also, tigers are an endangered species, and lions are considered "vulnerable", whereas cougars are of "least concern". So clearly cougars, as a species, are more successful than either lions or tigers. I think that factor should certainly be accounted for when someone decides which cat to vote for.
« Subject to editing »

LT Sandpaw

Quote from: James Gryphon on October 23, 2015, 11:05:42 PM
Neither lions nor tigers can purr at all. That automatically gives cougars a huge advantage over them.

Also, tigers are an endangered species, and lions are considered "vulnerable", whereas cougars are of "least concern". So clearly cougars, as a species, are more successful than either lions or tigers.

There's a simple explanation for that. In North America poachers are controlled and legal hunting is limited. Tigers and Lions don't have the same level of protection in India and Africa.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Cornflower MM

Cougars, definitely, because there's an endangered sort that lives in my area. I've never seen one, but I've heard the, and one time, saw a footprint. It was about the size of my hand now. Maybe a little bigger.

Izeroth

Quote from: James Gryphon on October 23, 2015, 11:05:42 PM

Also, tigers are an endangered species, and lions are considered "vulnerable", whereas cougars are of "least concern". So clearly cougars, as a species, are more successful than either lions or tigers. I think that factor should certainly be accounted for when someone decides which cat to vote for.

Cougars may be better protected and more numerous, but they've still experienced major range reductions.