News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The End of Redwall

Started by SandyB, March 01, 2014, 03:17:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UNKN0WN

It might be interesting if the final story occurred a thousand years later (with the rise of the modern age).  A group of modern-day rodents (and other critters) might stumble upon the buried ruins of the abbey; maybe stumble on Martin's sword. Maybe a great great great great great grandchild of Cluney the Scourge sacks his revenge on the modern city Mousedon.  Who knows....?  ;D

Quote from: Shadowed One on March 02, 2014, 12:47:24 PM
BURN REDWALL BURN BURN BURN! MUAHAHAHAHA! Sorry, I just like laughing maniacally.

Some people just want to see the world burn. ::)

Lady Amber

Quote from: Tam and Martin on March 02, 2014, 03:51:29 PM
I was thinking of writing a neat fan fiction like this for example. A really strong villain has a ginormous army and is set to take the world so he takes all of the major powers in the world: Redwall, Salamandastron, Southsward, Brockhall, Guosim etc. All the powers are gone and a few survivers of each of these lands need to team together in a guerrilla tactic fight to take back all their beloved homes.
Sounds interesting! Are you ever going to write it?

Tam and Martin

Quote from: Lady Amber on April 30, 2014, 10:40:51 PM
Quote from: Tam and Martin on March 02, 2014, 03:51:29 PM
I was thinking of writing a neat fan fiction like this for example. A really strong villain has a ginormous army and is set to take the world so he takes all of the major powers in the world: Redwall, Salamandastron, Southsward, Brockhall, Guosim etc. All the powers are gone and a few survivers of each of these lands need to team together in a guerrilla tactic fight to take back all their beloved homes.
Sounds interesting! Are you ever going to write it?
Maybe soon, after I finish a few more of my other stories....

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Jewel Thief

Personally, I would have wanted to set down the final Redwall book knowing that there were adventures yet to be told, heroes raised, villains vanquished, with Salamandastron a mighty guardian watching over the shores as it always has been and with Redwall Abbey staying the way it always would be, a beautiful, peaceful beacon of hope and security in Mossflower Country, a haven for all those without one...

Perhaps the Abbot sitting himself down with a cup of tea and watching the sunset fall over the Abbey, painting it in hues of soft orange and glorious red...
Or a young adventurer, starting down the path with no sure destination, but knowing that legend shall follow...Leaving Redwall behind...
Hey Jewel thief where do you get, all those silver pistols?
Hey Jewel thief where do you get, all those arrowheads?

The Skarzs

That is a truly Redwallish ending. :D
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

The Skarzs

Just wanted to tell people that I wrote a short fan fiction on this topic: it's called Ashes and is in the Fan Fiction board.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

rachel25

Ooooo, I think 'll go check it out.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Tiria Wildlough

Somehow I don't think Redwall should have had a definite end--it just wasn't necessary. Anyway, that would just have made soft-hearted people like me very sad. ;)
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

The Skarzs

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on July 19, 2014, 10:50:53 AM
Somehow I don't think Redwall should have had a definite end--it just wasn't necessary. Anyway, that would just have made soft-hearted people like me very sad. ;)

Mwahahahaha?

It was supposed to be slightly upsetting; the end of something like that would be. It's just how I think Redwall might well and truly end- a discontinuation of it entirely rather than being left in memories, like Loamhedge.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jasper

I believe Redwall should go on and on forever, and if Mr. Jacques were still alive, I have no doubt it would be going on even now. As an author he would have little reason to destroy the very centerpiece of his series.

Delthion

I agree with Jewel Thief, a very nice ending.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Izeroth

I think redwall would have ended with the invention of gunpowder. The walls, which weren't made to survive cannon blasts, are useless against attack by cannon.

Delthion

Then Redwall would be a lot like Constantinople.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Tim Churchmouse

I think he would have ended it on a high.
This is your referral link!
PLEEEEEASE CLICK MULTIPLYFYING TIMES!!!!!!!