"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

The PM game/contest

Started by winifred, January 06, 2013, 12:54:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winifred

This is an idea I've had for awhile.

Instructions: Please read carefully!!!!
What you must do is send the message down below to at least 2 people, the max is 8. When you send the message make sure your name and the name of the people you sent it too is at the bottom!!!!!!! The message explains that they must now send that message to at least 2 more people who aren't on the contact list of the people you just sent it too. If multiple people sent you messages you can send them to people you already sent them too before as long as they are not on the new list from a different person. Just copy and paste this message into our PM box and start PMing. Hope that makes sense.  
Deadline. This will be included in the message.  By March 1st, 2013 your time 12:00am the last member to receive the message must post the list of all the names here.  No Cheating by adding names!!!
Prizes will be given for: whoever's name made it on most of the lists and who started the list with the most names on it. I will do a colored-pencil drawing of your choice. :)

It's complicated, but fun. Post here if you don't understand or have a question.
This begins on  Jan. 5, 2013

THE MESSAGE

Hello!  This is a forum game.
Please forward this message to at least 2 other members (max is 8 ). Make sure you type/add all of their user-names onto the list below. The point of this game and message is to have as many names on the list as possible. Make sure you do not send this message to the same people on this list, send it to new folks who have never received it before. If you are the last person/s to receive this message by March 1st, 2013, please post the list of names on the PM game/contest thread found in the forum games. Please don't cheat by adding random names to the list. Thankyou!!! :)

List of names:
Winifred                        
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Beyond the Western Deep
Mouseguard
Ranger's Apprentice
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Book Thief
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
:D
And many many more...

winifred

Sherlock
Doctor Who
Beyond the Western Deep
Mouseguard
Ranger's Apprentice
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Book Thief
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
:D
And many many more...

Redwallfan7

How do you forward a message on here?
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Redwaller

Count me in!

To forward, you go in your messages, and on the left, it says, new message.

Icefire

I just hit "quote" and then took the sender's name out of the "To" space and typed in the names of the users I sent it to. Probably the long complicated way, but I think it worked....maybe.....
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Rainshadow

Haha, I did mine a little different.  Probably made it more complicated.  I hit "Reply" to Icee's PM, then I took out the "Re" in the title, copy/pasted the message, added the names, and typed out I believe 6 new names.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Dawnwing

No offense, but I don't like the idea of PM games.  It just seems a little rude to bother someone for what's essentially chain mail, and from the recieving end it's a little annoying to get notifications that I got a PM and then it just ends up being a "send-this-to-as-many-people-as-you-can" thing, thus the reason I put a note in my signature about it.  Because you send it to multiple people, and then they send it to multiple people, there's several different versions of the list floating around and if someone doesn't know that a particular person's already on a different list, they may recieve it several times as I have.

Redwaller

I know what we can do. Stop making this message if you haven't recieved it, because it has already been started.

Leatho Shellhound

I have now gotten 3, and all with different lists LOL
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Rainshadow

Maybe we all PM Winnie with who's gotten the message, and she can continuously shoot out messages to new people?
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Icefire

Thanks for letting us know you don't want to play, Dawnwing!  :)
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Tam and Martin

Okay, so no one posted the list

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: rachel25 on July 04, 2013, 08:23:45 PM
is this game still open

No, It kinda failed....sorry winifred, it was a good idea to begin with.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

rachel25

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on July 06, 2013, 08:38:59 PM
Quote from: rachel25 on July 04, 2013, 08:23:45 PM
is this game still open

No, It kinda failed....sorry winifred, it was a good idea to begin with.
awwww I wanted to play it  :(