News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Russano's Art and Requests

Started by Russano the Wise, June 08, 2013, 11:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukka the Sling

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Russano the Wise

"But if you really love your friends, they're never really gone. Somewhere they're watching over you and they're always there inside your heart." -Martin the Warrior

Russano the Wise

A while ago I started trying out a new medium of art: acrylic paint on a canvas board. Just today I finished my first attempt at this medium. It's a painting of pine and aspen trees in a field of flowers. Planning on giving this to my Mom for Christmas.
"But if you really love your friends, they're never really gone. Somewhere they're watching over you and they're always there inside your heart." -Martin the Warrior

Jukka the Sling

Wow. :o That's awesome.

Could you take a request?
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Russano the Wise

Thank you!

Yeah, I'll be happy to do a request.

Jukka the Sling

Great!

It isn't specified in the sheet, but could you draw this character with dark brown headfur in a ponytail?

Name: Aislinn (pronounced "Ashlyn")
Species: Pine marten
Weapon(s) of choice: Her father's old dirk, which he taught her to use.
General description: Aislinn has dark brown fur, with an odd reddish-brown streak running from her right shoulder to her elbow. Her right eye is green, while the left is brown. She wears a royal-blue tunic tied with a red sash, in which is thrust her dirk. On her footpaws are a pair of black boots, and she also wears a small pair of gold hoop earrings.
Personality: Aislinn acts cocky and overconfident, and seems to think she's the best swordsbeast there is. (She's very skilled with a blade, but she seems to think nobeast could ever best her.) She frequently puts others down verbally, and generally acts like others are beneath her. However, she only does this to hide her sensitive side and protect herself from being bullied like she was in her childhood. Despite her attitude, Aislinn is tenaciously loyal to any friends/allies she might have (not that she has many).
Biography: Aislinn grew up in a small village inhabited by other martens and a few weasels. Most in the village were pretty good sorts, but throughout her childhood Aislinn had a lot of trouble with others her age, facing almost constant ridicule due to her eye colors and odd streak on her arm. The marten finally couldn't take it any longer, and ran away from home when she was twelve, taking her father's dirk with her. She was a good swordsbeast and had some skill with healing; thus, she quickly learned to fend for herself in the woodlands. Promising herself that she'd never be bullied again, the pine marten adopted a cocky, sarcastic attitude.
Aislinn fell in with the Ramblers a few months ago; in the time she's spent with the group, she's gradually developed a keen dislike of Esile Violettail. The mysterious vixen frankly intimidates her, which may be partly due to the stories she's heard about her poisons. However, Aislinn wouldn't admit she's intimidated for the world.
Since joining the Ramblers, Aislinn frequently uses her healing skills to help those who need it, usually for pay.

Thanks!

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Russano the Wise

@Jukka: Okay. I've never drawn characters with headfur before so this should be interesting.

@Skarzs: Thanks!

Rainshadow

So pweeettttyyyyyyy!  :D  Seriously, though, that painting is beautiful.  Well done!
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Leatho Shellhound

That is so cool! Your mom will really like it, I'm sure.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Russano the Wise

Quote from: Rainshadow on December 14, 2014, 12:52:14 AM
  So pweeettttyyyyyyy!  :D  Seriously, though, that painting is beautiful.  Well done!
Thanks, Rain!

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on December 14, 2014, 04:49:01 AM
That is so cool! Your mom will really like it, I'm sure.
Thank you, Leatho! Yeah, I think she'll like it.

MeadowR

Lovely paint work! It would be great to see more.:)
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Russano the Wise

Thanks, Meadow! Yes, I'll definitely post more once I finish more. I've got several rock paintings planned right now that I will probably post pictures of when I finish them.   

Hickory

Love everything! I like colored art, it looks cartoony and detailed at the same time! I might hve done some redwall drawing, I/\'ll check, but I like Bucko!
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Russano the Wise