News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Guardians of the Galaxy

Started by Jetthebinturong, July 27, 2014, 09:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

They are convicts, right? Think about that and consider why they might swear more. :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

Thing is they sensor a-hole but they don't sensor real swear words, it's weird
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

rachel25

Technically their outlawers, but I really didn't mind the swearing. It was my sister who complained about it, but they have to talk like they would if they were real outlawers. Not all Marvel characters can talk like Thor.  ::)
Anyway, I've convinced, (with the help of my brother, sister, and grandma) my parents to go see it. Their going tonight.  ;D
And I've decided to change my profile pic to whatever the latest Marvel film is.  Also, there's an awesome video Marvel have made that you guys have gotta see. I'm just gonna go find it...............
I find it! This is the perfect video to show someone to get them into Marvel.

Lutra

Am I the only one who felt this movie was just OK?  I'm not a Marvel fan, superhero fan, comic book fan, or any of that.  Yet, I heard the film had pretty good reviews and thought I'd give it a shot.  It wasn't terrible but it was so predictable, I don't see myself ever watching this again.  Even the ending where they defeat the villain as one power (can't even remember their names this is how forgettable this film was) and say "You said it yourself bitch, we're the guardians of the galaxy" I don't feel it had to be said that way, but they were trying to look cool and all.  I get it.  But I've got a basket of corn now. ;)

Anyway I kind of had a feeling the talking raccoon would be the one with the best lines.  He did.  Just nothing spectacular about this one.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Iamthatis

Rocket was my favorite hands down.
IAMTHATIS MY SWORD SHALL WEILD FOR ME
RIP BRIAN JACQUES

rachel25

True, its not the best Marvel film ever, but I really liked it, and will buy it.

Tam and Martin

So what is the best Marvel film Rach?

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

rachel25

In my opinion so far, X Men Days of Future Past. (though I haven't seen Winter soldier yet, but my brother's bought it, and it should be here next Friday  ;D) But I'm not saying Guardians of the Galaxy was bad, I'm just saying there are better Marvel films.  (and the Iron Mans are brilliant)

Gonff the Mousethief

I saw the movie. AMAZING! It's by one of my favorite movies. Rocket and Groot are by far one of the best pairs I've seen in a movie for a long time. I hope the sequels will be as good! ;D
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

The Mask

Gonna go see it in a couple of hours! I'll tell you how it is afterwards.
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

The Mask

Well...It was pretty good. Imma gonna put what I think about it in a spoiler.
Seriously do not open this unless you have seen the movie. It will ruin your experience. I promise you
Gamora was a useless character. There was no depth or really anything good about here. Rocket and Groot were, as I expected the standout. Especially baby Groot dancing.Drax was alright,as was Starlord. Thumbs up to Marvel for Marvel putting Yondu and the Collector in, I Did NOT see that coming. Also it would have been good if they actually got the Infinity Stone's power right but whatever.All in all though I think it was awesome. I would go see it again.
[close]
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

rachel25

Those are fair points, I did find Gamora to be a very weak character, but the others are awesome!

The Skarzs

I opened the spoiler, although I haven't seen the movie.

I will point out that I didn't actually read what was inside.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

The Mask

Worried me there for a second Skarzy. I thought I would have to go all Groot on you for a second there.

I AM GROOT!