News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Favorite Quotes

Started by Rainshadow, September 14, 2012, 11:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyblade

This is a bit cheesy, but still touched my heart ;D

"I asked God for a flower, and he gave me a flower garden. I asked God for a friend, and he gave me you."

Another one:

"I'll give you 11 roses, ten real and one fake. And I'll love you until the last one dies."

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Jetthebinturong

"With this I can make everything right, with this I can cleanse our race!"
"I know you probably don't know a lot of mundane history, but when people talk about cleansing races it never ends well"
~Valentine and Clary, the City of Bones movie (I can't say for sure whether or not it's in the book because I haven't read it in quite a while)
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Rainshadow

Child:  "Mom, why do the best people die?"
  Mom:  "When you're in a garden, which flowers do you pick?"
  Child:  "The most beautiful ones."

~ Unknown
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Søren

In conversation about Admiral Markus:
Spock: You are suggesting the Admiral violated every regulation he vowed to uphold, simply because he wanted to exploit your intellect...
Khan: He wanted to exploit my savagery! Intellect alone is useless in a fight, Mr. Spock. You, you can't even break a rule - how can you be expected to break bone?
-Star Trek: Into Darkness

I'm retired from the forum

Skyblade

Quotes from famous people! ;D

"Whatever you are, be a good one." - Abraham Lincoln

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're absolutely right." - Henry Ford

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Rainshadow

Cole:  I didn't understand the Grand Ball.  It would have been easier if they said what they wanted.
Inquisitor:  What did you think of the masks?
Cole:  What masks?
Inquisitor:  The masks.  Everyone had them on their faces.
Cole:  Those weren't their faces?

~ Cole and the Inquisitor's conversation after the Winter Ball.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Hickory

Quote from: Soren the Warrior on February 08, 2015, 05:25:29 AM
In conversation about Admiral Markus:
Spock: You are suggesting the Admiral violated every regulation he vowed to uphold, simply because he wanted to exploit your intellect...
Khan: He wanted to exploit my savagery! Intellect alone is useless in a fight, Mr. Spock. You, you can't even break a rule - how can you be expected to break bone?
-Star Trek: Into Darkness
I really feel like Spock and Khan are made for each other.

"The Grockledeboo eats noisy Dibbuns!"
-Blind Simeon
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Jetthebinturong

"Hello? This is Clary Fairchild."
"Clary? It's me, Emma."
"Oh, Emma, hi! I haven't heard from you in ages. My mom says thanks for the wedding flowers, by the way. She wanted to send a note but Luke whisked her away on a honeymoon to Tahiti."
"Tahiti sounds nice."
"It probably is — Jace, what are you doing with that thing? There is no way it'll fit."
"Is this a bad time?"
"What? No! Jace is trying to drag a trebuchet into the training room. Alec, stop helping him."
"What's a trebuchet?"
"It's a huge catapult."
"What are they going to use it for?"
"I have no idea. Alec, you're enabling! You're an enabler!"
"Maybe it is a bad time."
"I doubt there'll be a better one. Is something wrong? Is there anything I can do?"
"I think we have your cat."
"What?"
"Your cat. Big fuzzy Blue Persian? Always looks angry? Julian says it's your cat. He says he saw it at the New York Institute. Well, saw him. It's a boy cat."
"Church? You have Church? But I thought — well, we knew he was gone. We thought Brother Zachariah took him. Isabelle was annoyed, but they seemed to know each other. I've never seen Church actually like anyone like that."
"I don't know if he likes anyone here. He bit Julian twice. Oh, wait. Julian says he likes Ty. He's asleep on Ty's bed."
"How did you wind up with him?"
"Someone rang our front doorbell. Diana, she's our tutor, went down to see what it was. Church was in a cage on the front step with a note tied to it. It said For Emma. This is Church, a longtime friend of the Carstairs. Take care of this cat and he will take care of you. —J."
"Brother Zachariah left you a cat."
"But I don't even really know him. And he's not a Silent Brother any more."
"You may not know him, but he clearly knows you."
"What do you think the J stands for?"
"His real name. Look, Emma, if he wants you to have Church, and you want Church, you should keep him."
"Are you sure? The Lightwoods —"
'They're both standing here nodding. Well, Alec is partially trapped under a trebuchet, but he seems to be nodding."
"Jules says we'd like to keep him. We used to have a cat named Oscar, but he died, and, well, Church seems to be good for Ty's nightmares."
"Oh, honey. I think, really, he's Brother Zachariah's cat. And if he wants you to have him, then you should."
"Why does Brother Zachariah want to protect me? It's like he knows me, but I don't know why he knows me."
"I don't exactly know ... But I know Tessa. She's his — well, girlfriend seems not the right word for it. They've known each other a long, long time. I have a feeling they're both watching over you."
"That's good. I have a feeling we're going to need it."
"Emma — oh my God. The trebuchet just crashed through the floor. I have to go. Call me later."
"But we can keep the cat?"
"You can keep the cat."
~A Christmas thing by Cassandra Clare which I think is supposed to tide fans over until The Dark Artifices: Lady Midnight comes out but might actually be in the book, I'm not sure

Rainshadow

Fullmetal Alchemist quotes
 "When I'm Führer, there will be changes.  That day, all female officers will be required to wear... TINY MINISKIRTS!"  ~ Colonel Roy Mustang

Mustang:  Dogs, huh... I LOVE DOGS!
Fuery:  Really?  You mean it?
Mustang:  But of course!  Dogs embody loyalty, they follow their masters commands above all else!  Be a jerk to them and they don't complain, and they never once beg for a paycheck!  Trust me, Fuery!  They're the great servants of man!  *sings*  Loyal canine, how we salute thee!

Ed:  Okay, Al, you're right.  Today's a great day; the day I beat Mustang's pompous mug in front of the whole army and get some [darn] respect!
Al:  But we're indebted to him, brother!
Ed:  He's asked for it.  Saying he knows all we do, acting like he'd let our secret out, then not telling me what I need to know!
Al:  So what's your strategy?
Ed:  I told you!  A fist in his face!

"WHO ARE YOU CALLING A RUNT SO TINY HE COULD ONLY BE SEEN WITH A MAGNIFYING GLASS, YOU JERK!"  ~ Edward Elric

"DON'T CALL ME SMALL!  I'LL BREAK OFF YOUR FEET AND STICK 'EM ON YOUR HEAD!"  ~ Edward Elric

"Struck out on the Philosopher's Stone again, huh?  How am I supposed to keep funding this wild goose chase?  Money doesn't grow on trees, there, chief!  Ed, where'd you run off too?  Oh, there you are!  I couldn't see you over my paperwork, seeing as how you're so short and all!  Hahaha!"
 ~ Edward Elric (imitating Mustang mocking him)

Hughes:  Gracia!
Gracia:  Honey...  It's here!
Hughes:  The tea?
Gracia:  The baby!
Hughes:  Aaugh!  But... but the doctor said next week!
Gracia:  Well, the baby just said NOW!  And I'm pretty sure SHE gets to choose!

Al:  [panicked]  When you think of it, making a life's expensive!  We would have to give something up!
Ed:  CHILDBIRTH'S NOT ALCHEMY, YOU DOPE!

[Crawling through air vent]  "[Darn] it!  This is smaller than I thought!  See, if I was normal-sized I wouldn't have fit, and we would have had to call this off.  It really is a good thing I'm so small.  [stops; realizes what he just said] AAAUGHH! NO IT'S NOT!"  ~ Edward Elric

Hohenheim:  Edward.  So, do you still hate drinking milk?
Ed:  [kicks Hohenheim]  WHO ARE YOU CALLING A MICRO-SIZED HALF-PINT WHO DIDN'T GROW UP BECAUSE HE DOESN'T DRINK MILK?!
Winry, Riza, and Sciezka:  That's not what he said, Edward...

Mustang:  I'm sure you've heard that Scar's back.  So what's with the showboating?  Do you want him to find you?
Ed:  Yeah, that's exactly what I want.  I need to fight him and you can't talk me out of it!
Mustang:  Have you lost your mind?!  Did you forget the way he tore you apart in East City?!
Ed:  [mocking voice]  Ooh!  Sounds like the colonel's scared of big bad Scar!  I'm not surprised, considering how useless you were against him!  Hahahaha!
Mustang:  THAT WASN'T MY FAULT!  IT WAS RAINING THAT DAY!
Ed:  [mocking voice]  Was it raining when you got beat up and sent to the hospital?  Ha!  You're still useless!
Mustang:  SHUT YOUR MOUTH, FULLMETAL!
[close]

There are a lot more, but the ones I'm trying to remember aren't coming to mind at the moment, and searching Google for them would be very tedious.  ::)

LT Sandpaw

Officer: Sir how high are you?

Suspect: No no sir, you said it wrong, Its Hi how are you.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Rainshadow

Okay, that one made me laugh, Sandy-chan.  ;D

This quote is one I just found on YouTube, and I figured I should probably explain a bit before posting it.  This quote is not a canon one, but is something that Vic Mignogna (Ed) and Caitlin Glass (Winry) did in character at a con.  It's hilarious and cute at the same time.  ;D

Ed:  Um, Winry?
Winry:  Yes, Edward?
Ed:  This is really hard for me.  I've been practicing... on Al.
Winry:  Do I really wanna know about this?
Ed:  No, not like that!  Wait, where was I?  Okay, um, well, I found some straw in the backyard and transmuted it into a ring.  And I know I haven't always been the best friend, but I realized something last night.  I realized that I love you, Winry.  So... if there's still some place in your heart for me...
(Vic:  This is good!)
Ed:  You took my heart of stone... and made me feel human again.  So here I am, down on one automail knee.
(Vic:  Oh, this is good.)
(Crowd:  Oh, get on with it!)
Ed:  ...Asking you to be Mrs. Edward Elric.
Winry:  Gosh, Edward, it's about time!  I thought you'd never ask... so me and Al already hooked up.  Sorry.  [pause]  I'm just kidding!  Of course I say yes!

Ah, that video was awesome.  ;D

The Mask

Quote from: Rainshadow on February 09, 2015, 10:53:58 PM
Fullmetal Alchemist quotes
 "When I'm Führer, there will be changes.  That day, all female officers will be required to wear... TINY MINISKIRTS!"  ~ Colonel Roy Mustang

Mustang:  Dogs, huh... I LOVE DOGS!
Fuery:  Really?  You mean it?
Mustang:  But of course!  Dogs embody loyalty, they follow their masters commands above all else!  Be a jerk to them and they don't complain, and they never once beg for a paycheck!  Trust me, Fuery!  They're the great servants of man!  *sings*  Loyal canine, how we salute thee!

Ed:  Okay, Al, you're right.  Today's a great day; the day I beat Mustang's pompous mug in front of the whole army and get some [darn] respect!
Al:  But we're indebted to him, brother!
Ed:  He's asked for it.  Saying he knows all we do, acting like he'd let our secret out, then not telling me what I need to know!
Al:  So what's your strategy?
Ed:  I told you!  A fist in his face!

"WHO ARE YOU CALLING A RUNT SO TINY HE COULD ONLY BE SEEN WITH A MAGNIFYING GLASS, YOU JERK!"  ~ Edward Elric

"DON'T CALL ME SMALL!  I'LL BREAK OFF YOUR FEET AND STICK 'EM ON YOUR HEAD!"  ~ Edward Elric

"Struck out on the Philosopher's Stone again, huh?  How am I supposed to keep funding this wild goose chase?  Money doesn't grow on trees, there, chief!  Ed, where'd you run off too?  Oh, there you are!  I couldn't see you over my paperwork, seeing as how you're so short and all!  Hahaha!"
 ~ Edward Elric (imitating Mustang mocking him)

Hughes:  Gracia!
Gracia:  Honey...  It's here!
Hughes:  The tea?
Gracia:  The baby!
Hughes:  Aaugh!  But... but the doctor said next week!
Gracia:  Well, the baby just said NOW!  And I'm pretty sure SHE gets to choose!

Al:  [panicked]  When you think of it, making a life's expensive!  We would have to give something up!
Ed:  CHILDBIRTH'S NOT ALCHEMY, YOU DOPE!

[Crawling through air vent]  "[Darn] it!  This is smaller than I thought!  See, if I was normal-sized I wouldn't have fit, and we would have had to call this off.  It really is a good thing I'm so small.  [stops; realizes what he just said] AAAUGHH! NO IT'S NOT!"  ~ Edward Elric

Hohenheim:  Edward.  So, do you still hate drinking milk?
Ed:  [kicks Hohenheim]  WHO ARE YOU CALLING A MICRO-SIZED HALF-PINT WHO DIDN'T GROW UP BECAUSE HE DOESN'T DRINK MILK?!
Winry, Riza, and Sciezka:  That's not what he said, Edward...

Mustang:  I'm sure you've heard that Scar's back.  So what's with the showboating?  Do you want him to find you?
Ed:  Yeah, that's exactly what I want.  I need to fight him and you can't talk me out of it!
Mustang:  Have you lost your mind?!  Did you forget the way he tore you apart in East City?!
Ed:  [mocking voice]  Ooh!  Sounds like the colonel's scared of big bad Scar!  I'm not surprised, considering how useless you were against him!  Hahahaha!
Mustang:  THAT WASN'T MY FAULT!  IT WAS RAINING THAT DAY!
Ed:  [mocking voice]  Was it raining when you got beat up and sent to the hospital?  Ha!  You're still useless!
Mustang:  SHUT YOUR MOUTH, FULLMETAL!
[close]

There are a lot more, but the ones I'm trying to remember aren't coming to mind at the moment, and searching Google for them would be very tedious.  ::)
Ah Fullmetal...My favourite Manga.
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Jetthebinturong

"My mother seems to have accepted it,' Alec said. 'But my father — no, not really. Once he asked me what I thought had turned me gay.'
Simon felt Isabelle tense next to him. 'Turned you gay?' She sounded incredulous. 'Alec, you didn't tell me that.'
'I hope you told him you were bitten by a gay spider,' said Simon.
Magnus snorted; Isabelle looked confused. 'I've read Magnus's stash of comics,' said Alec, 'so I actually know what you're talking about' A small smile played around his mouth. 'So would that give me the proportional gayness of a spider?'
'Only if it was a really gay spider,' said Magnus, and he yelled as Alec punched him in the arm. 'Ow, okay, never mind."
~City of Lost Souls

Eulaliaaa!

"Fly you fools!" -I'll be really disappointed if you don't know what movie this is from...
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Wot, wot!

:D  :D
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass you by, it's about getting out there and dancing in the rain."
-Unknown
"Get him! Grab that spy! I want his head!"
Basil chuckled. "What's the matter? Isn't your own head good enough? No, I don't suppose it is. Ugly-looking brute, aren't you?" -Basil to Cluny the Scourge (Redwall)

"The second you change "I can't" into "why not", you can do anything in the world."