News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Foreign Intrusion

Started by The Skarzs, May 21, 2015, 05:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eulaliaaa!

Stashi slowed down for Altuth, "Sorry, friend, I forgot. Have ye ever seen such a building, matey?" She asked, pawing at the two small, gold-hoop earrings in her ear and twitching her tail slightly.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Lady Ashenwyte

The cougar was sitting down near the fire, his back turned to the otters. He was staring into the fire without any movement, and had placed his bascinet by a tree nearby, along with his mace, shield, and crossbow. "A concussion? We shall rest for a few hours and move on to the safety of Redwall. We also need to warn them about Vrungin (Cursed be his name) and his horde. Rest, and we shall move on before dusk dawns."
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Skyblade

As it turned out, Flare the squirrel was standing guard on the ramparts when she spotted an unfamiliar pair approaching. Bracing her sling out of view of the two creatures, a fox and an otter, she cried out.

"Halt! You have come to Redwall Abbey. A place of peace and hospitality we are, and beasts of good heart are welcome. However, I warn you that we will defend ourselves if you seek to cause trouble. Now, what brings you both here?"

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Eulaliaaa!

Stashi hesitated, thinking of an answer, "Erm, hi there, matey," she called up nervously to Flare, "We were just travelin' through the land t'see if ye would let us into yer Abbey. I know I'm a fox, matey, but I ain't bad," she reasoned.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Skyblade

Flare softened a bit, though she still kept her sling clutched in her paw. "Yes, I see you're a fox." Raising a fist, she added fervently, "And for that, leave! Begone with you, vermin!"

The squirrel suddenly smiled and laughed out loud. "Haha, I rather enjoyed that little jest. I can see you two are travelers, and there are no others around. Sure thing, matey, come inside. I've met good vermin in me past. Just don't you two try something," she added more gravely, "Or I'll have to use this thing 'ere." She held up her sling. "Now, I suppose you're hungry?"

Eulaliaaa!

Stashi jumped slightly at the first comment, then breathed a sigh of relief when she realized it was just a joke, "Don't ye worry, matey, I wouldn't dream of hurtin' any Redwaller. And yes, friend, I'm starvin' to death out 'ere!" she exaggerated, her ears twitching at the mention of food.

Skyblade

OOC: I'm going to assume it's around dinner?

EDIT: Never mind :P It's a breakfast feast, then.

IC: Flare nodded, satisfied, though she would still remain cautious. The squirrel went nimbly down and opened the gates for the two guests. "We're having a feast in Cavern Hole; come join us." She paused and added to Stashi, "I trust ye enough to let ye through our gates. However, I'm afraid other Redwallers may or may not be as willing to share a meal with a fox. Try to ignore them for now. I'll have you two meet our abbess; she's a kind and understanding creature."

The Skarzs

OOC:
Quote from: The Skarzs on June 01, 2015, 05:58:35 PM
Karn looked up at the bleak morning sky.
:P

BIC: Vrungin could see far in the distance the tall bellower sticking into the sky, and nodded thoughtfully. If he was to do this correctly, he would have to play his cards carefully. From what he could gather from the worthless bands of creatures he had picked up on the way, they were rather wary of "vermin", as they called them. Perhaps. . .
  "Guthar, take the species that these Mossflowerians consider as bad beasts and wait in the forest a ways from the abbey." He glanced at the big cat. "Hmm, perhaps the cats should be taken with you as well."
  "Ah, yes my Leader. They are all rather scared of beasts our size. In fact, I do believe they have seen nothing bigger than a badger."
  Vrungin nodded at the observation. "Indeed, my friend. Now begin before we get too close."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Hickory

OOC: Shiuld Named go with them? He's a Lynx...
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Eulaliaaa!

Stashi mouth began watering at the mention of a feast, "No problem, matey. I don't mind, long as nobeast attacks me." She said, looking around her at the beautiful Abbey, "Er, where would this feast be, matey?"

Skyblade

"You two come with me," Flare said as she led the way to Cavern Hole.

As they walked, she nodded and introduced herself. "I'm Flare, a guardian of this wonderful place. Truly it is great, and I've met the kindest, most considerate beasts here." Smiling, she added, "And you two, what do you call yerselves?"

Eulaliaaa!

Stashi smiled, offering her paw to Flare, "I'm Stashi Bushtail, but ye can call me Stashi. Er, are ye sure the abbeybeasts will be acceptin' me?" She asked.

The Skarzs

Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on June 03, 2015, 12:51:18 AM
OOC: Shiuld Named go with them? He's a Lynx...
OOC: If you want, he can request Vrungin for him to be like a lookout/go-between between the two groups. It's up to you, however.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Skyblade

Quote from: Eulaliaaa! on June 03, 2015, 04:30:10 AM
Stashi smiled, offering her grubby paw to Flare, "I'm Stashi Bushtail, but ye can call me Stashi. Er, are ye sure the abbeybeasts will be acceptin' me?" She asked.

"Pleased to meet you," said Flare. "And no, I'm not sure. I'll take you both to Abbess Hhenf."

OOC: Let's wait for Han to reply.

Unimaginative

OOC: Sorry.

BIC: Altuth, who has stayed quiet for most of the conversation, spoke up for the first time. "Thank ya for lettin' us into yer grand abbey," The otter said with a smile. "M' name is Altuth Harjinson." He glanced around as they entered Cavern Hole. "This certainly is an impressive room."
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth