Different accents of the creatures

Started by Cornflower Fieldmouse, July 27, 2011, 04:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lily

Quote from: Osu on August 30, 2011, 12:28:21 AM
I've always wondered - what DO Americans sound like to... well, non-Americans? ???
Americans sound... American! I don't know how else to put it. I find some of my friends from The States tend to drawl their words together, which makes it hard to understand them in a noisy room. Then again, a lot of Australians do that too...

Tiria Wildlough

I wonder if some people think I have an accent... ??? :D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

DanielofRedwall

Australians definitely have a distinct accent, but not the stereotypical type like "G'day mate! Put a shrimp on the barbie!" or whatever.

Anyway, back on topic, I love the Borderers and highlanders, but moles and hares have the best accent, IMO, and they're also the funnest to imitate!
Received mostly negative reviews.

Lily

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on September 05, 2011, 09:39:17 AM
Australians definitely have a distinct accent, but not the stereotypical type like "G'day mate! Put a shrimp on the barbie!" or whatever.
Wot're you talkin' abawt, mate, I talk loik that all the toime.

eualaia

probly searat accent cause i use the strange curses XD ya know idjit, bottlenosed and so on
wolves will slay whoever they want to.....*growl* "AGHH''

Taggerung The Otter

ah say 'ighlander, otterr, and hare, wot wot
For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Oh yeah...buitiful verse... :D

Deyna the Warrior

Oi do loiks molerspeek gurtly, burr aye!
Warriors brave, who gave all you could give,
Offered your lives so that others would live,
No one can tell what my heart longed to say
When I had to leave here, and you had to stay.

-The Long Patrol, page 312

Deyna the Warrior

Quote from: Lutra on July 27, 2011, 05:49:16 PM
Well, unless you've watched the TV series, or listened to an audiobook, you don't see any noticeable difference in the writing itself, save for the molespeech.  I've heard an audiobook or two from Redwall, and yes, the accents are cool...moles namely because it still hard as ever to understand them.  :P

Actually, I disagree. Think about it. Hares are very distinguishable, and think of the birds, or the Highlanders, and even the otters have a pretty distinguishable accent. Whatever. I like the dibbuns' accent the best :D
Warriors brave, who gave all you could give,
Offered your lives so that others would live,
No one can tell what my heart longed to say
When I had to leave here, and you had to stay.

-The Long Patrol, page 312

BadgerLordFiredrake

Somehow, the hares' accents--between slight and obvious--just are really awesome to me.

And then there's the moles' accents and Highlanders' accents, which are both awesome also.
baby turtle forever

Lagg

I never cared for smaller bird speech (I.e. sparrows). I agree it does fit their language, but just...I don't know, sometimes it gets difficult figuring out what they are saying.

Faiyloe

A alus 'ad a thin' for the otters, mate. (Really bad I know :P) As for american ascents It depends (I am from the stats) It is such a big country that depending on which state you come from you have a different accent.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Tim Churchmouse

All of the accents are based on places around Britain. Moles are definitely Bristolian. A term they use is "gurt" look up that word and it proves it's Bristolian. Hedgehogs are West Country, vermin are northern and londonian, hares 19th century stereotypical British, mice old fashioned English and squirrels modern English.
This is your referral link!
PLEEEEEASE CLICK MULTIPLYFYING TIMES!!!!!!!