News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Autumn Harvest RP Thread Part Two.

Started by Cornflower MM, March 02, 2014, 05:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gnoflet

"Grimnose," Aldof yelled. "How far is the Abby?"
"About a day's march captain,"Grimnose replied. "Would you like me to send out a small party to ask for surrender?"
Shut him up or shut him down.
Normal is just a setting on your dryer.

Captain Snowfire

Lana looked aghast at Aoi, "No warrior's?! What am I? A giant otter with funny fur?" He said as he continued to help the abbess to make more food.

Fourfang heard the vermin moving about, and one even passed by her! She stood stock still as the vermin hurried past, breathing a silent sigh of relief. Fourfang quietly placed her arrow in her quiver and her bow across her shoulders and carefully drew her short sword, preparing to ambush the vermin that remained behind where she had first seen them.

OOC: Rachel25, does it matter which one of your vermin I capture?
Prom! Here I come!!!

BlueRose

Aoi didn't hear Lana, having already exited the kitchens.
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

Cornflower MM

OOC And no one noticed their Abbess on the floor with a heavy lymo of dough on top of her. That's just sad.

Captain Snowfire

OOC: That's because we forgot to observe today. (We being the royal we.)
Prom! Here I come!!!

Cornflower MM

OOC Why do royals say We? It's weird, and confusing....

BlueRose

OOC: The royals have a squirrel in their pockets. I think the technicality is that they are referring to themselves and their deity. Or possibly they are implying that they speak for the whole kingdom.
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Jukka the Sling

Ambrosine continued swinging through the trees, making it beyond the camp, where she halted and sat down on a thick branch, breathing heavily.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Captain Snowfire

OOC: Touché Rose! That's a good one! ;D Great thinking!
Prom! Here I come!!!

BlueRose

OOC: Thanks! I'm going to actually go and look it up now, to see if I'm right.

EDIT: The first recorded use of the royal we was in 1169, when King Henry II assumed the common theory of "divine right of kings", that the monarch acted conjointly with the deity. Hence, he used "we", meaning "God and I...".

I feel smart. It's not often that a wild guess turns out to be correct for me.

Captain Snowfire

Prom! Here I come!!!

Gnoflet

"Why, Mother Abbess, what are you doing on the floor?" Remen asked with a smile.
Shut him up or shut him down.
Normal is just a setting on your dryer.

Cornflower MM

"I fell, with the dough falling on top of me! Help me up, and quit laughing!" Lavender literally squeaked, flailing her arms and legs around.

Iamthatis

" Shadowclaw then walked upstairs to see the Redwall babies."
IAMTHATIS MY SWORD SHALL WEILD FOR ME
RIP BRIAN JACQUES

Captain Snowfire

OOC: LoL! You guys are such a hoot!

BIC: Lana kept a straight face as he lifted the Abbess off the florr and onto her feet, as the dough fell to the floor. "I'm afraid that you must go to the infirmary Mother Abbess, you might have a bad case of the Dough-nators!" Then his face broke out into a huge broad grin and he laughed uncontrollably.
Prom! Here I come!!!