I am the captain of my soul.

Cornflower MM

Jetthebinturong

"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Lady Ashenwyte

I could be a replacement player for Rocktree!
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Skyblade

Sorry Ash, but I don't think that'll work :( Everyone would know you're Town, and the point of the game is to find who's the Mafia.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: Skyblade on November 14, 2015, 10:40:55 PM
Sorry Ash, but I don't think that'll work :( Everyone would know you're Town, and the point of the game is to find who's the Mafia.

I just remembered that Rock's character died. Whoops.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Rainshadow

...So, yeah, am I still in this game?  Because now that I actually have a bit of time, I wouldn't mind hopping back in, if I'm still alive.  (I'm up to date on the topic, and it doesn't appear that I've died, but I'm uncertain as to if I've been kicked out due to inactivity.)

I do actually have a theory that has to do with Kuki and Suna, but I'd rather confirm if I'm still in or if I'm out before I say anything.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Jetthebinturong

You're still in. I no longer have any control over this though, so Sage can say differently. Anyway, I'm interested to see this theory.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Skyblade

I really don't like putting too much stock into clues, because they can be easily misinterpreted ::) However, I am interested to hear what you have to say.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Hickory

You're still in, Rain.

Story is a WIP. Expect by Wednesday.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Rainshadow

Yay!  :D

Okay, so first:

DISCLAIMER:  I AM NOT VERY GOOD AT MAFIA AND THUS THIS THEORY COULD BE TOTALLY  OFF IN EVERY WAY.

Now that that's out of the way, I noticed that several people have been trying to theorize who the two mafia are by their actions (which is a totally valid way to do it, but I really suck at picking up hints, so I'm just ignoring that way), but the only investigating they've done of the names of the mafia, "Kuki" and "Suna", are Googling them and finding pictures.  I decided to go a bit deeper than that.  And by deeper, I mean I went onto Google Translate because I noticed how Japanese the names sounded and went, "Y'know, maybe Jet did something like what I do with names and translated a word that has to do with the mafia into a different language, then used that as their names."  This is what I came up with:

Kuki:  Japanese for "stem" or "stalk", as in a plant stem/stalk.

Suna:  Japanese for "sand".  Also, Romanian for "call".  But I think "sand" makes a bit more sense.

What does this mean?  Well, it could mean nothing (which would also mean that I overthink things too much), but it could also mean that Jet took parts of the names of the mafia and translated them into Japanese to make a sort of code name for them.  The most obvious of the two is that Suna would be Sandpaw, as he literally has the word "sand" in his name.  As for Kuki, that one's a bit tougher.  I mean, "stem" isn't a word that obviously applies to anyone in particular (at least, not as obviously as Suna), but if I had to guess, I'd probably choose Cornflower, as her name is a plant (which, if you didn't know, usually has a stem).  My other guess would be Rocktree, as "tree" is also a plant, but it makes much less sense to apply the word "stem" to "tree".

So, my theory is that the mysterious "Kuki" is Cornflower MM, and that "Suna" is LT Sandpaw.

Am I right?  Probably not.  Will I be utterly slaughtered by Corn and Sand for pointing fingers at them in this post?  Probably.  But who cares?  Not me.  Because I overthink too much and probably should be disregarded, as it feels like the names were far too obvious to be right.  I mean, for all I know, Jet could've thought that far ahead and tried to throw us all off the track by using words that could be attributed to non-mafia players.  Or, you know, there's the off chance that I'm right and I'm just really bashing Jet by calling his sneaky naming system "obvious" and "really easy to interpret".  :P
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!