News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Frozen

Started by Dannflor, January 08, 2014, 08:47:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norham Waterpaw

I agree with all of that.
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Wylder Treejumper

George Lucas sold his soul to the devil for 4 billion dollars. When he was already a multi-billionaire. Unfortunately, that earned him contempt from millions of his used-to-be admirers.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Rusvul

Quote from: Cornflower MM on March 26, 2014, 07:58:51 PM
Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on March 26, 2014, 07:56:17 PM
Finally saw it monday night. Pretty darn good for a guy who doesn't really like Disney.

YOU DON'T LIKE DISNEY?!?!?!?!?! THAT'S NUTS!
I'm actually in the same boat. I think a lot of what they do is just a bit... Silly. The main reason they bother me, though is the way they portray princesses... In the 1400s, if you were a princess, that meant you would be forced to learn a lot of mostly boring things your entire life, and then married off to some guy you've never met to seal an agreement, and then expected to have lots of children and also criticize me for my run-on sentences.

Dannflower Reguba

@Wylder + Norham: So you're both ready to pass judgement on something that hasn't even been released yet? Don't count your chickens before they hatch. Don't judge a book by it's cover. Your acting like Disney's reign over the animation industry compromises their capability of releasing a good "Real life" film. Also, referring to Disney as the devil is quite rude, they've been working on improving their material in all categories and their progress is rather remarkable. The results are not confirmed, give them a break. Do you think George would sell the rights if he thought they were going to abuse the series?

I'm not going to hold contempt for anyone, it was a fair business transaction and if Disney messes something up, oh well, that happens. People make mistakes, it's part of our very existence. The fact that he was rich when he made the decision just goes to show that he probably thinks that Disney is a good candidate for moving the series forward.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Wylder Treejumper

I was exaggerating. Of course Disney's not the devil, not even remotely close. And as for lambasting the movies before they come out, I already gave my reasons.

Back to the topic at hand.

Actually, I think Frozen has been growing on me. I find myself walking around humming "Do You Want To Build a Snow Man?" and playing "Let It Go" on my flute in band.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Lily

Hey look! A Star Wars discussion thread! ;)

Back to Frozen, I actually surprised myself by really liking Olaf. Usually I don't like sidekick comic-relief characters, but he actually made me laugh this time. I remember seeing the first trailer they released aaaages ago with Olaf and Sven and I thought the movie would be terrible based on that, but then I actually saw it and Olaf turned out to be hilarious. To me, that is. Like that part where he says, "I don't have a skull. Or bones." I don't know why that was so funny to me.

On an interesting translation note, having a "think skull" translates to having a head made from rocks in Japanese, so instead of Olaf saying the bones line he says, "Eh? Is your skull really made of rocks?" ;D

Oops, my language nerd came out again. *polishes language nerd spectacles*

Quote from: PluggFiretail on March 24, 2014, 01:03:32 PM
I can sing all of "Let it Go".  ;D
I sang it at karaoke the other day and cheated by going into falsetto for the last note. Ho ho ho.

Tam and Martin

Quote from: Lily on March 28, 2014, 03:06:55 AM
Quote from: PluggFiretail on March 24, 2014, 01:03:32 PM
I can sing all of "Let it Go".  ;D
I sang it at karaoke the other day and cheated by going into falsetto for the last note. Ho ho ho.
Lol!

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Dannflower Reguba

I haven't given "Let it go," enough effort to know it by heart, but I'd really like to figure it out some time because that song might actually fit into my voice range which is rare.  ::)

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: danflorreguba on March 28, 2014, 04:46:22 PM
I haven't given "Let it go," enough effort to know it by heart, but I'd really like to figure it out some time because that song might actually fit into my voice range which is rare.  ::)
Okay, now I've got this hilarious mental image of you singing 'Let It Go' as dramatically as the girl who did the Google Translate version. I don't know why that seems funny. :P
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Dannflower Reguba

I watched part of that vid. Don't remember how much drama she sang with, but if she sang with a lot, you probably wouldn't be far off.  ::) More "passion" esque than dramatic most likely, but still not far off. If I sing, I've gotta be doing something else.  ;)

AnnaofRedwall

Quote from: Cornflower MM on February 21, 2014, 11:24:16 PM
Did you guys know that Frozen isn't coming out until, like, March? That's CRAZY!! I saw right after THANKSGIVING!!

ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!! but i FINALLY saw it again
I hate it when a package says 'easy open' and you need a scissors, a knife, a crowbar, a gun, and a light-saber to open it.

The Skarzs

I. . . just saw it.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Starla1431

I saw it. While I don't think it was the best film ever, it was still pretty good. The thing I dislike about it is all the singing. I seems like every 5 minutes there's a song.

Iamthatis

IAMTHATIS MY SWORD SHALL WEILD FOR ME
RIP BRIAN JACQUES