Siege on the Mountain

Started by Cornflower MM, July 30, 2015, 11:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Ashenwyte

Petyr bowed and walked out. He smiled when he saw Sven. He walked over to him. "Well, First Private Sven, I have a task for you. I need charismatic beasts, and the strongest brutes you can find. You have a day. Do this and I won't feed you to the gulls on the shores." With that, he walked to his room to make plans.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

The Skarzs

Elmeath ate a scone whole, popping it into her mouth and chewing contentedly. "Mm, raspberry! Here Argunath, have one!"
  "Ra-rmph!" The male cougar fell back as Elmeath tried shoving a scone into his open mouth, and he glared up at the other with half of it still sticking out of his mouth. "Fer l'vuh 'shtone, 'Lmay-##:1066!"
  Hoots of laughter from the hares at his table greeted Argunath as he stood up and ate the scone reluctantly. They were all leaning on each other and shaking with laughter, and Elmeath hid a smile behind a paw as she leaned on the table.
  "Sorry, Argy, I thought you might want a scone!"
  Argunath closed his eyes as Elmeath's nickname for him caused even more laughter.
  "Ha ha, did she just call that blighter Argy?"
  "Y-y-yeah she did, ho ho! Didja see his face when 'e fell? Priceless, wot-ha ha ha!"
  "Hee hee h-"
  All laughter stopped as Argunath plunged his blade into the table, the large recurve sword stuck solidly in the timbers. The hares stared wide-eyed at it as the cougar sat down again with a smug smile on his own face. He ate a little more before tugging the sword free and sheathing it.
  "Well, that was a decent meal. If you don't mind, Elmeath, I'm going to walk around."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Blaggut

Groth would not notice, having been making love to multiple barells of alcholic beverages. "Hmm, blackerbarry whine, I baven't 'ad 'at yet in myyy loife" He said, the mighty downpour of alcohol eating at his generally resolute constitution for alcohol. He'd had it before of course, it being a popular beverage, but memory was not his strongest suite at present.
~Just a soft space boi~

Skyblade

Skyre are by herself, confused, lost, and not in the best mood. She just wanted to know what she was supposed to do, do it, and leave. The young badger approached a hare.

"Excuse me. Anything important I should know?"

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

LT Sandpaw

OOC: Everything all good Cornflor?

BIC:

Jaw dropping Sven stood glaring at the captain's receding back cursing the creature under his breath. He waited until he was totally out of sight before spitting on the deck slamming his paw down on the wood. Finding such creatures wouldn't be a challenge however his work ethic was hardly at its highest at the moment, and the time hack hardly made things better. Letting out one last curse the searat stomped off towards the hold.

~*~*~*~*~

Having left the squirrel Maple in Heather's paws Blackthorn dismissed his squad and returned to the mess hall. The old military hare was about to collect his plate of cold food when an unusual sight in the mountain caught his eye. At the time many different creatures resided within the hollowed mountain making the mix of beasts an unfamiliar collection of breed and gender. However there was one creature the Major hadn't seen in some time and there stood one right in front of him.

While Blackthorn wasn't a choosy creature he had to admit that the specimen was hardly exemplary, being smaller than average, seeming lost, and confused. Still, she was present, and it was without a doubt that she was the one. Letting the plate clatter to the floor Blackthorn marched up to the visitor stopping behind her. Sliding into the position of parade rest Major Blackthorn kept his voice steady and low so as to not alert the rest of the mountain. Coughing to gain her attention Blackthorn spoke to the badger.

"Good evening Marm, and welcome to Salamandastron."

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Skyblade

"Oh! You as well. I mean, you live here," Skyre stuttered. Inwardly smacking herself, the badger gave a weak, uncomfortable smile and extended her right paw. "It's a pleasure to meet you. May I ask what I should be doing?"

Lady Ashenwyte

Mia scowled at the armadillo before turning to a hare. "So, why dya need aid, eh? This fortress seems well defended."
She asked.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

LT Sandpaw

Holding back a confused response Blackthorn extended his paw into the slightly larger badger paw. Giving it a firm shake he slid back into his military pose of at rest looking the badger up and down. She seemed too nervous, scared almost. And with news that an invasion may be coming soon Blackthorn knew they needed a strong brave leader. Something this badger wasn’t showing herself as being.

Pushing aside doubts he considered her question. It was odd, all the stories he heard about the badgers arriving at the mountain fortress seemed straight forward and clear. He had never really considered what a badger lord or lady was actually supposed to do. Leading the Long Patrol was his and the other officers’ job, because he didn’t know what a badger was supposed to do he could hardly tell her what to do. Hesitating for a moment longer Blackthorn decided to go with the easy way out and ignore the question for the moment.

Snapping to attention he introduced himself in fine form and with a salute. “H’I do live here Marm an’ I’m sure the pleasure of this meeting is all mine wot.  Major Shirrea Blackthorn, officer o’ th’ jolly old Long Patrol at your service Marm. An may I ask your fine title, wot?”

Dannflower Reguba

Veiro shook his head after everybeast else had left, "Hasn't changed a bit has he?.... Anyway, would you like company dealing with this curmudgeon? I could use a briefing anyway, and I'm guessing you're up to speed on what's going on around here."
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Blaggut

Groth sluggishly switched from a barrel of Blackberry Wine to some Honeydew Mead.
~Just a soft space boi~

Lady Amber

Arrin was having a good time. He had always said that he could eat as much as any hare could, and anybeast who saw him would have agreed with that statement. He was shoveling down food left and right: pasties, salads, and anything else that came to paw. Obviously having a good time, the squirrel chatted away to others between mouthfuls.

Skyblade

"I'm Skyre the Blue," replied the badger steadily. "And I'm afraid you didn't answer my question. What should I be doing?"

LT Sandpaw

OOC: I don't know what you want me to say Sky... So I went with this. Anyway Cornflor please send us guidance!

BIC:

The old hare quivered, slowly his eyes narrowed and his mustache twitched. He stared at the badger Skyre with something between dismay and respect. At least she had some spark in her, but it still didn't help that he had no answer for her. After a moment of hesitation Major Blackthorn snapped to attention his face unreadable and his body rigid.

"I'm afraid Marm you're th' one whose bally well in charge don'tcha know? You're th' one giving th' blinking orders. Though my professional recommendation would be to greet you're followers an' guests. Though, that's only if you're plannin' on being th' bleedin' badger lady O' this mountain Marm, wot?"

The Skarzs

Argunath had watched the badger and the hare talking, and stepped up behind Blackthorn as he answered Skyre. "Well, one thing you might do is get yourself aware of the current situation, something I myself am curious about."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

OOC: Busy life. Sorry. Anyway, you are doing just fine. FAIY  and JUKKA do need to post, though.Skye and Sand, can you wrap up your conversation ASAP? Don't bother with the briefing, I've a plan for that. We'll be doing a timeskip soon, and everyone playing someone important/someone come to help important (Sand, Faiy, Sky, Dan, Skar, and I, and a representative of a group. Jukka, you could do that.) will be in Badger Lady's disused chambers. Everyone else, mingle. Or something. Del's gone, dangit, so his character is also up for grabs.