All In (Closed)

Started by LT Sandpaw, September 20, 2015, 09:03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hickory

Gryphon looked around. "Agreed. Lets just hope this place is as discreet as it looks...."
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

LT Sandpaw

"Well I can't say its the best base I've ever been to, or the worst for that matter." Francis remarked. Then hefting his rifle he marched off towards the first barrack building calling back to Gryphon. "Well we wont get anywhere just standing around, les' go find out what were doing here."

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Hickory

The lynx grabbed his own gear and weapons from the Humvee before following his friend. "D'you know who's in charge here? We weren't given much of a briefing over in the States."

LT Sandpaw

"Colonel Halfwit or Colonel Know-it-all probably, you know the drill with these little bases. Course there's always the off chance that its some amazing young major or another." He spotted a Private walking around and marched over to the soldier.

"Hey you, know where we might find whose in command around here?"

Hickory

The private pointed to a slightly more important and newer-looking building. "In there. Sir," he said, noticing the cat's rank.

LT Sandpaw

"Right, thank you private." Motioning for Gryphon to follow Francis walked over to the building that had been indicated. He glanced over at his teammate quizzically. "Hey I've been thinking, they've got tactical insertion and evac teams, and I noticed some long ranged choppers over there. They also brought in two highly trained snipers. They're planning a target take down."

Hickory

The lynx glanced at the helicoptor pad, where a couple of Blackhawks were on the tarmac. "True," he remarked. "Lots of targets in the region."

LT Sandpaw

"You can say that again." Francis agreed marching up to the door of the officer barracks and smacking it with his gloved paw. "I sure hope there's not to many targets, I can only carry so many bullets."

Hickory

Gryphon subconscously touched the sniper rifle slung over his shoulder. "Aye. Which is why I like to pack extra."

LT Sandpaw

The ocelot sniffed knocking on the door. There was a moment of silence then a feminine voice sounded from inside. "Ah at last enter sergeants." Francis glanced back at Gryphon, one eyebrow raised. Shrugging he pushed the door open and stepped inside.

Hickory

Gryphon shrugged before following Francis.

LT Sandpaw

Inside the officer Barracks was by far different from the inside of any enlisted soldiers room. It was a private office with even a few decorative flowers on the desk. Another door lead out of the office to where Francis assumed was the officer's quarters. The creature that had spoken to them was a middle-aged otter in a majors insignia. She wore an army fatigue uniform.

Francis stopped three paces from her desk. Coming to attention he preformed a salute chanting out like he had been trained to do.

"Sergeant First Class Castill reporting as order ma'am." He held his salute waiting for Gryphon.

Hickory

"Staff Sergeant Gryphon McCauley reporting for duty, ma'am." Gryphon, although a battle-hardened veteran, still felt slightly anxious inside. This was a new commander after all.

LT Sandpaw

The otter waited for both cats to finish before preforming her own salute. It was slow and methodical, yet perfectly preformed. This wasn't a run of the mill officer. She knew she was in command.

"At ease gentlebeasts." She said shortly pulling several papers out of drawers and laying them on the desk. Francis slide into the at ease position eyeing the officer waiting, he didn't have to wait long.

"You might be wondering why you are stationed in a small unimportant base like this one."

"Are we supposed to be taking out a target?" Francis asked cutting her off. The otter frowned, clearly unused to such behavior.

"Do you need to be standing at attention while I give this briefing sergeant?"

"Ah no ma'am."

"Then shut up. As I was saying there has been what is to be believed a trade between Russia rebels and terrorists in the region. It is being led by Hombad Vin Cal whose picture I have here. The mission is simple and straight forward, even you two ought to be able to understand it. You go in, shoot Hombad, then you get out. Any questions?"

Hickory

Gryphon nodded. "Yes, I do. What are these terorists trading?"