Book vote

Started by Dante8002, May 09, 2020, 07:02:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is better?

Loamhedge
Eulalia

Dante8002

Loamhedge and Eulalia seem like everyone's worst books, but which one do you like better? To tell the truth, Loamhedge is my favourite book and Eulalia my worst.
Yalahoo!

clunylooney

Eulalia! was a book that had me at the end saying, "well... that happened". I do still like Eulalia! I liked the main characters alright, the villains alright, the plot alright. It may be the most alright book in the series.
I haven't finished Loamhedge, but 29 chapters in and I still like it better than most of Eulalia! I actually really like Loamhedge! My only problem with it is that the journey to Loamhedge is way too fast!  The journey to Loamhedge in Mattimeo takes almost the entire book and in Loamhedge it seems as though the abbey is right next door. Another problem with the book is that Raga Bol doesn't really do anything for the first 24 chapters of the book.  We barely get to see him! I like him a lot more now though because he is finally doing something and he's an honestly cool villain.
So, I like Loamhedge quite a bit more than Eulalia! and I think people are way too hard on it.
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

Dante8002

Yes, Raga Bol we didn't get to know enough. But ClunyLooney, do you mind doing the vote? Don't mean to be rude, but its mainly about the vote.
Yalahoo!

clunylooney

Quote from: Dante8002 on May 16, 2020, 07:16:25 AM
Yes, Raga Bol we didn't get to know enough. But ClunyLooney, do you mind doing the vote? Don't mean to be rude, but its mainly about the vote.
Um, I did the vote. I chose Loamhedge. I voted on the day this came out. May 9. I just like to say what I liked and didn't like about things I choose or don't choose. Also, I finished Loamhedge and it is a great book.
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

Dante8002

Yalahoo!

Tungro

I voted Eulalia but tbh not that I've thought about it for a bit I'd probably vote Loamhedge. I dislike both, but at least Loamhedge kept you reading, Eulalia was a huge slog I barely remember

thepixelmurderer

Honestly both get way too much flack, but if I had to choose I'd go with Eulalia. I have a soft spot for it.
The OG Redwall book was the weakest one, and I stand by that.
Also, I made a list of word counts of the Redwall series: https://www.reddit.com/r/eulalia/comments/gkmce1/word_counts_of_redwall_all_books/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x