News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

If you could tell/ask Brian Jacques anything, what would you tell/ask him?

Started by ILoveMTW, June 11, 2012, 10:45:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skarlathrox

Haha.... Yeah I think I'd tell him how much I loved him books... and I think I'd ask him how to write so well! :l Yeah I was going to write him a letter... but I never got round to it either Dx.
~*This Signature is the Best!*~

Gabe The Warrior

I'd probably ask him to let me be his pupil or something and write books. xD

I love his writing style. (Sorry for bringing up a old thread lol.)
""...Nobody outsmarts Cluny. I've won, and you have both lost." The Foxes clasped their claws. They knelt, whimpering pitifully. Cluny stood over them, enjoying his power as judge..."Take these miserable turncoats out of my sight..." Shrieking and screaming for mercy, the foxes were dragged away..."

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Nay problem. Ah vould 'ave azked 'im 'ov 'e came up vith aw ze placez an' namez!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Maudie

I would have asked him what kinds of characters he most liked coming up with.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

rachel25

I would tell him he is the best writer in the world and thanks to him I'm reading and I'd thank him for writing the Redwall book because they've helped me get through a hard time in my life  :'(  :-* OH I wish I had started reading the Redwalls before he died so I could write him a letter and thank him  :-* Praise the name of Brian Jacques  ;D Long live REDWALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'( ;D

Matthias720

The last eleven posts have been removed due to an inappropriate comment and responses to said comment. Any questions regarding these comments should be directed towards a staff member. Please disregard the removed content and carry on with conversation.

Matthias720
~RedwallAbbey.com Forum Administrator

MeadowR

I'd ask him what he had against rabbits! It bothers me how few they appear and yet 'vermin' are constantly calling the Hares rabbits. They're so numerous in real life, and regardless of how huffy they are, would've thought they'd be seen about more in the stories.

(By the way, I'm not obsessed with rabbits, though the above question did inspire my name. :D)

I'm sure there's more, but I need more of a think. :)

~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Kitsune

Ferrousferret

Hey, new here! Been reading the books for 12 years now, own all the Redwall books & Castaways 1 & would like to get all the other books the author wrote as well, eventually.

Anyway, I'd have to say I would tell him what an inspiration to my career choice he was. I'd probably just like to talk to him as a fellow writer & mentor, as well.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

G'day mate, Velcome tae ze forum! Anyvay, goin' back on topic...Ah'd azk him vot 'iz ideaz for 'iz next book vere. Ach, ah vizh 'e vere ztill alive...
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

MeadowR

Quote from: PluggFiretail on June 11, 2013, 06:43:03 PM
I don't know, maybe they're native to America?

Where they originally hailed from doesn't really figure here, seeing as they do appear in the books at all, and anyway, other animals with questionable country routes still appear more prominently in the books. :)
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Kitsune

Well, BJ said that he didn't have raccoons and beavers in his books because they weren't native to England.

WoodlandWarrior

I think I would give him quite a heartfelt thanks.  I mean, sure there are plenty of things I'd love to ask and say, but a true thank you is what I would give him.  Think about the impact his series have on people...the good message they spread, the cheer and good tidings felt when reading them, and the most important thing about his books....the way they've helped people.

I've read so many testimonials saying how Redwall got a kid through a rough time in school or at home...

So yes, a big, big, thank you! :)
"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules."  -Gary Gygax

Lutra

Good point about the rabbits.  Not even a "cousin rabbit" mentioned among the hares except they hate being called rabbits! :P
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra