News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

How did you first find out about Redwall?

Started by Matthias720, June 10, 2011, 09:09:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bubba8167

I discovered Redwall through my middle school library, with the book 'Rakkety Tam'

Wound up keeping the book so long that I got banned from the library (what, it was a good book!).
I'm new here.

Matthias720

Quote from: bubba8167 on June 14, 2011, 11:14:30 PM
I discovered Redwall through my middle school library, with the book 'Rakkety Tam'

Wound up keeping the book so long that I got banned from the library (what, it was a good book!).
Well it isn't good that you got banned from the library, but I hardily agree with your enthusiasm. :D

Mariel

Quote from: The Lady Shael on June 14, 2011, 11:06:23 PM
Quote from: Wot Wot! on June 14, 2011, 07:09:56 PM
Quote from: The Lady Shael on June 14, 2011, 03:29:11 PM
That was an amazing tribute! I wish you had been around earlier, you would have been great on the Terrouge staff (but if we can get enough active fans together I'm sure it'd be possible to revive it).

Ah, Lady!  So you were a part of that great publication!  I perused it online a few times, thought it was wonderful!  Great job- and here's to getting it revived again!

Ohh I'm flattered, but I was never really a part of the staff. :) I was an active forum member many years ago, nothing more. If anyone is interested we can try contacting some of the old staff members to see what it would take to get it running again; if not, there's always the option of starting a new Redwall publication!

@Shael/Wot Wot: If you do decide to start Terrouge up again, I would definitely be interested in writing for it!  Let me know if there is anything I can do, maybe contacting the old staff. (I could write some e-mails, find addresses, etc.)  You can send me a personal message, e-mail, just reply to this...whatever works best for you.

Redwall Musician

Quote from: Matthias720 on June 13, 2011, 01:22:43 PM
It's probably because the show is just so awesome. 8)

The tv series is cute. I think the books are a little more accurate. I rented the tv series from the library. My bother had been telling me to read them. So after watching a couple episodes, I went to the library. Don't own any.

Also homeshcoolers, I'm with you. Been homeschooled my whole life.  
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

martins#1fan

Quote from: Bananagirl on June 11, 2011, 07:55:33 PM
First of all Go homeschoolers :)  I first heard of redwall about five years ago when a friend of my brother told him about the books, my brother checked one of the books out from our library and he loved it, he told me i that i should read it but i didn't think i would like it so i ignored his advice (Big mistake) he started to collect the redwall books and read them(He owns almost all of them now). after a few months of listening to him telling me how great these books where i finally decided to read them and i was hooked. i have ready all but his newest two books and i am loving them. I think one  of the thing s that made me love these books and Brian Jacques writing was how descriptive he is when writing, i can see every thing that he is describing as if they where right in front  of me, especially when he describes the feasts of redwall (they make me so hungry ), i will miss waiting to see his next book, R.I.P Brian Jacques you will be missed
YEAAAAAAHUHHHHHH!
LateRose is locked up in Martin's heart, and there she's bound to stay.

martins#1fan

Quote from: Mariel on June 12, 2011, 02:01:18 AM
Quote from: martins#1fan on June 11, 2011, 07:57:09 PM
I first found out about Redwall by checking out a redwall book in my library.
I checked out martin the warrior, and fell in love with it. I have been a huge redwall fan ever since.
I also love the Legend of Luke and Mossflower those three are my favs.
:)

Let me guess...you're a fan of Martin.  How did I know?
Beats me!  ;)
LateRose is locked up in Martin's heart, and there she's bound to stay.

Wot Wot!

Quote from: The Lady Shael on June 14, 2011, 11:06:23 PM
Quote from: Wot Wot! on June 14, 2011, 07:09:56 PM
Quote from: The Lady Shael on June 14, 2011, 03:29:11 PM
That was an amazing tribute! I wish you had been around earlier, you would have been great on the Terrouge staff (but if we can get enough active fans together I'm sure it'd be possible to revive it).

Ah, Lady!  So you were a part of that great publication!  I perused it online a few times, thought it was wonderful!  Great job- and here's to getting it revived again!

Ohh I'm flattered, but I was never really a part of the staff. :) I was an active forum member many years ago, nothing more. If anyone is interested we can try contacting some of the old staff members to see what it would take to get it running again; if not, there's always the option of starting a new Redwall publication!

A new Redwall publication would be interesting, perhaps an online mag with a forum similar to Terrouge.  First edition: a tribute to Jacques, of course :-)
All you cowards of the land and flotsam of the sea
Who murder, pillage, loot whene'er  you please
There's a Long Patrol a waitin', we'll greet you cheerfully,
You'll hear us cry 'Eulalia' on the breeze.

The Lady Shael

Quote from: Wot Wot! on June 17, 2011, 01:25:41 AM
A new Redwall publication would be interesting, perhaps an online mag with a forum similar to Terrouge.  First edition: a tribute to Jacques, of course :-)

Actually since Terrouge has been declining in activity, they have already put together what is intended to be their last issue which is a tribute to Brian Jacques. They haven't officially released it though, not sure what's going on.

Here is the PDF of the tribute issue (might want to get a box of tissues first):
http://www.terrouge.com/BrianJacquesTribute.pdf

If you guys signed up on the Terrouge forums and joined in the discussions or started your own, it might inspire the staff to get working on releasing the issue officially. :)
~The Lady Shael Varonne of Mossflower Country
http://www.redwallwarlords.com/

Mariel

Matthias720

Thanks, Lady S. I'll read this later with a box of tissues by my side.

Trigoma

i found out from my dad. we were at our library and he saw it and was like "oh man! u gotta read these!" and i was like "ugh ok" i didnt like i would like them but now i love them! i just got finished reading outcast of redwall! tht was epic! the first one i read was "Taggerung" thts probly my fav outta all of them!
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

DanielofRedwall

I think I was in year 2 at school, or something. My brother became obsessed with the books after he picked up Loamhedge at the dentist. I decided to read the first book, Redwall, to see what all the fuss was about. Because I was so young, it took me a year to read, but I loved it. I've now read the whole series (actually I haven't, I haven't finished Rouge Crew yet) and read some of them twice and three times. I love them.
Received mostly negative reviews.

DanielofRedwall

Oh yeah, I didn't read the books in chronological order but it still made sense! :)
Received mostly negative reviews.

Lily

I discovered I loved reading in second grade, so that year for Christmas my parents gave me a whole stack of books. One was Mossflower. I decided to read that first because it was the biggest, and I've been hooked ever since. I immediately collected the rest of the books (there were only six others at the time) and I've bought each new one as soon as they came out. I've lost count of the number of times I've read them all. My original copy of Mossflower is so worn out it's now in two halves. I had to buy a new one.

Martha Braebuck

I found out about Redwall because of two reasons. One, my family owns three Redwall books which sit on the shelf for ages. Two, my mom was telling me to try new books, so I picked up that and fell in love right away, its still my most favourite books ever!
~Love, •*Martha*•

Whoohahahahooh!! ~Hon Rosie's awesome laugh!

"Fate 'n fortune smile on us,
and of this crew take care,
but let no greedy robber try,
to guzzle up my share!"