A Fox's Fate

Started by Gonff the Mousethief, January 02, 2015, 05:09:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Ashenwyte

Martha's eyes went wide when she saw the wall on fire. She tried to find Aethslath but she couldn't see him because of the smoke. She ripped the arrow out of her shoulder and hurled it at a fox who was attacking somebeast.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Gonff the Mousethief

The troops  hurried to the wall, throwing at it water from the well. The only thing it seemed to do was make more smoke, but it was putting some of the raging fire out.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Lady Ashenwyte

OOC: Is it okay if part of the wall collapses due to the fire?
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Gonff the Mousethief

OOC: Sure, it can happen after or during your next post if you want.
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Lady Ashenwyte

OOC: Sure thing!  ;)

BIC: With a massive crack, the wall collapsed. Then, a strong wind began to blow and one of the huts inside caught fire.

The Mask

Garen knew he was going to escape. The foxes were in chaos. Their camp was on fire. And then the wall fell. It missed him, just. But it knocked him to the ground. All hopes he had of ambushing any foxes were dashed. He pulled his claws on then, thinking about it, ran off quickly.
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Unimaginative

Stent stood open-mouthed as all this happened, then limped towards the Wolf as it ran off. "The Wolf is getting away! Should I follow it?" he hovered at the edge of the woods where the Wolf had fled nervously.
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

Lady Ashenwyte

Aethslath took out some flint and stone from his pocket and set fire to another wall that had not yet caught fire. He grabbed Martha as well as the items they had brought and ran till the smoke was a distant sight.

LT Sandpaw

Moken had the fortune of having a very thick head, the club had done little to seriously hurt him but the glancing blow left him stunned on the ground. Rolling over he snatched at his sword and stood a little disoriented.
The wall was burning! Racing to the walls he began helping with the bucket chain desperately fighting the spreading fires.

-----------------------------

In the tree line some four hundred meters away from the burning camp hidden in the brush a small rat kicked the lifeless body of an half eaten rat.
"I must admit when I told you I would finish you in the most horrible way I could I didn't except you to be eaten." Virren stated to the lifeless form, glancing towards the burning wall the rat grinned, once they had put out the fire these foxes were going to have blood on their minds. He would be the rat for the job.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Gonff the Mousethief

Thankfully, only two houses caught fire, but where put out. By now most of the wall was out, but the fallen part was still blazing, causing not only soldiers but citizens to get water.
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Jukka the Sling

May had been walking for about half an hour when she saw smoke in the distance. A lot of it, too. Cautiously, she crept forward.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

LT Sandpaw

Virren tracked the hare's movements his bow stretched tight, it's arrow ready to fly, It would be easy to kill her. Hidden where he was Virren was almost invisible, he lowered the bow and remained hidden, where was the excitement of killing an unexciting oversized rabbit, it would do nothing to advance his efforts and merely waste an good arrow.
Virren waited till the hare passed before settling himself down to wait, when it came to it Virren could be very patient.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

The Mask

Garen struggled back to the Rockthrivers camp. ' There are foxes about! They attempted to kill me! We will not stand for it! I say we go to war, WHO'S WITH ME?' He shouted to the camp.

Garen woke up with a start. He was lying in the middle of the forest. He must have fallen in his flight and been knocked out. He continued along.

OOC:Edited, accidentally PPed, sorry!
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Lady Ashenwyte

"Really, rat, I know you're there, there's no need to hide yourself old chap."

Gonff the Mousethief

OOC: Mask, the Rockthrivers camp should take a while to get to, plus they where already going to war.

After much work, all the fire was out. The front part of the wall was burnt down to the ground, and two houses also burned down. Tailford was not only mad about the fire, but word about a wolf attacking had gotten to him.
"Guards! Tell everyone the feast will be moved up to 5! Get on with it!"
They hurried out to carry out the order that feast was begging in 2 hours instead of 4.
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.