The Last Champion, A Riddle and a Promise (Closed)

Started by LT Sandpaw, April 03, 2015, 02:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LT Sandpaw

Cailoh sneezed as Liko kicked up more dust stepping over the pile of brooms they had moved. Reaching forward he ran his paw down the wall feeling the indentions. "Definitely letters of some kind, here Rowan come read it, your the best with reading and letters." He moved back and joined Liko giving Rowan enough space to see.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Eulaliaaa!

Rowan took hold of the lantern and held it up to the wall, "Hmmm, it says something. Looks like a poem, I'll read it for you guys:

Alas my sword has been taken by evil foe,
For fallen is the wielder who used it with honor,
Gone are the ones who took up the call.
So young champions, please heed my plea,
Let not my weapon by dishonored by he,
Who would use it to gain only his own way.
So steel up thy hearts and march southbound,
Tread to the east and cross the storm waves,
Follow the heart and trust to its guidance.
Veer not to the easy but travel the path,
Walk the pawsteps of warriors past,
Give up what's most necessary only to find.
Then enter the darkness but do not hide,
For if three do not go, only two will return.
Recognize your ally's never by flesh,
Face the Immortal killed not by a blow.
Take up my sword and return thee home,
For justice must win and good prevail?"

She hesitated, then glanced back at her friends.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Hickory

Liko shrugged. "I've got no idea what that would mean. But, Rowan, didn't you tell us about old records that involved this? I think the season was "Summer of the Late Rose," but I'm not sure."

OOC: If he's being too quick for the plot and solving things to easy (Possible Mary Sue here) I can edit my post.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

LT Sandpaw

OOC: Naw its fine,

BIC: With shinning eyes Cailoh moved forward once again running his paw down the wall. "Wait, Rowan don't you always have paper with you, we should write it down incase we forget some of it." Cailoh smiled widely rubbing his paws together with glee.

"That's right Liko, I always liked that story, how er, Matthias found the lost sword before." He laughed unable to staunch his excitement.

Eulaliaaa!

Rowan gave a quick nod as she pulled out some paper and began to copy down the poem, "So, what're we gonna do?" She asked, although she already suspected the answer.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

LT Sandpaw

"We follow what the poem says of course." Cailoh called out in his excitement throwing a paw into the air. "As soon as we can were going South chums." As he said this a pile of old buckets gave way and toppled clattering loudly onto the stone floor. After a moment the noise stopped but it was quickly replaced by a loud and angry shout.

"What in the blazes was that!"

Eulaliaaa!

OOC: sorry for not posting earlier.

BIC: Rowan froze, looking at Liko and Cailoh, "Ehhh, what do we say?" she whispered, edging closer to the door, "Ok... uh, you guys stay here, I'll go out and explain things."

Hickory

"We don't even know who- or what- it is! Don't go rushing into things like that." Liko cautioned Rowan. "Let's wait and see who."

OOC: Sand, can you PM me my character sheet? I forgot most of the things about Liko.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.