News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

For the Throne - An Alternate Universe RP

Started by The Skarzs, February 25, 2016, 04:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hickory

Rusk stopped atop a hill, observing Lady Silvertail's farm. He saw his contact working near the property line, repairing the axle on a cart. That resistance member looked new, but Rusk had a lot of creatures he talked with about the resistance. The otter's keen eyes picked out a pile of parts next to the hedgehog; those must be the materials the resistance had promised. As the second-in-command, it was his honor to store the parts in his armory, an ideal hiding place. He continued walking towards the farm, homing in on the hedgehog and the cart.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Lady Ashenwyte

The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

LT Sandpaw

"Your majesty," Ordis began quickly, the mouse thought better of rushing into the plea and slowed his tone of voice making his face impassive. Better to look like he had no opinion, and only necessity. "Great king your castle staff serves you to the best of their ability, and when they fail to do so, they shall be punished accordingly. The creatures who failed to close your windows will be sent to join the army as you command..." He stopped licked his lips slowly and continued.

"Great one my staff, who are dedicated only to serve you; has descended in number as well. Soon I fear that we shall be too few to serve your large, and most impressive army. The mouse and shrew who serviced your room are young females. They are weak in mind and body." Ordis took a deep breath, he had tried to make the last part as matter of fact as possible. As if he was only spouting information not making a point, or requesting something. If those two maids had any chance of remaining out of the army it had to be Kraoleck's decision. Not something the Steward suggested.

Bowing low to the two lizards Ordis moved aside so Shet could pass. The mouse shivered wondering if his bold move would end with his removal to the army.

~*~*~*~*~*~

OOC: Hey Jukka you want me to continue playing as Millie the housekeeper? It would appear all my characters are servants in this one, which is fine, I'll keep controlling her. :D

BIC:

"I don't know m'lady." Millie said as she peered shortsightedly out the window. "Oh bless him its that fine young otter that lives in the town. He sells tool or something. What is his name, Rust, Nust. Oh bother it all I can't remember." The weasel looked at Ennalee dusting down her apron as she did.

"Did you summon him here mistress? Should I make up a second place at the table?"

Slipping into the dining room from the kitchen Linty peered out the window, her face cracking into a smile at the sight of the otter. "Its Rusk. I like him, he makes weapons for the soldiers. I asked him to make a dagger for me but he wouldn't." Linty's face fell, "I didn't like him so much then."

"How barbaric, go back into the kitchen Lin. Imagine a young ratling like you carrying around such a dangerous weapon." Mille scolded. Linty scowled and started back towards the kitchen as slow as possible wanting to hear why Rusk was coming to Silvertail's home.

OOC: I'm curious to see Kraoleck's reaction to Ordis. This could go many ways.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Lady Ashenwyte

Seht turned as he heard Ordis, and raised a proverbial eyebrow. Seht watched the scene with worry, and a little morbid amusement. "Do not make a decision with haste, Kraoleck. This seemingly insignificant situation could make or break our kingdom. He thought, and bowed. "My lord, I sssuggest you ssshow your mercy to the poor ssservants. Regardlesss of your decisssion, I will carry it out."
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

The Skarzs

Kraoleck stared unblinking at Ordis, who stood quaking visibly, if only slightly, as he waited for the king's response.
  Most creatures did not dare saying anything about his commands. Most creatures knew how temperamental he could be.  However, Ordis was a very loyal creature, and had never shown anything but the highest respect for Kraoleck, and Seht, his second in command, was backing up the steward's suggestion.
  He breathed in a hissing breath before replying. "Fine, ssteward. They shall not go into my army. You can decide what iz done with them, but if it happenz again . . ." -he looked meaningfully at the mouse- "You shall be the punished." The king walked past the steward.
  "You have been unerringly loyal to me, Ordiss Fletcher; it would be a shame if you crosssed me again."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

LT Sandpaw

Swallowing his fear and doing his best to keep his body from trembling Ordis bowed low. "I shall deal with them, and impress upon the servants never to fail you again great one. I have, and always will do my utmost to serve the king of Sarahadoron, failure to do so is punishment to me whether I feel the whip, and remain in the stocks or not. It shall never happen again. Your majesty, please excuses me." Keeping his head bowed Ordis shuffled in the opposite direction Kraoleck was going until he was out of sight and in a servants corridor.

Straightening up the mouse wiped a bead of sweat from his face and shook his ears. He had very well saved two lives today. He should never have assigned the two to do Kraoleck's quarters. He'd have to do it himself from now on. A distasteful task for one of his rank, but necessary.

Flicking out his quill and paper the mouse scribbled down a reminder and looked across the long list, feeling the weight of all the tasks pulling at him. He'd get barely an hour to sped with Maribel and Claudia even if he rushed though some of his tasks. And who knew how long assembling the civilians in the local town for Seht would take. Once again he shook his ears and straightened his back. It was his duty to serve the king, even at the expense of his own family.

If he wanted free time he might as well get started on his work.

OOC: Minor typo easy fix comrade.

Lady Ashenwyte

OOC: @Sand: It's spelled Seht, not Shet. Just wanted you to know.

Jukka the Sling

@Sand:  Sure, you can keep Millie if you like.  I think she's kinda funny.  "How barbaric!" ;D
BIC:

"No, I didn't invite him," Ennalee said slowly.  "You don't have to set an extra place."  The otter they were looking at disappeared from view.  What was he doing there if he wasn't coming to the door?  Just then a sudden stab of fear hit her.  What if the otter was with the Resistance members that rumor said were on her farm?  Ennalee clasped her paws together tightly, biting her lip.  In that case, it was better not to ask any questions.  Ignorance was bliss.

"It's probably nothing," she added, turning towards the table.  She sat down and served herself, but her paws were trembling and she had a strange, sick feeling in the pit of her stomach.  Better not to know, really, so then she couldn't have the potential to get anyone else in trouble if she was ever questioned about the creatures on her farm.  Of course she would never turn anyone in willingly, but if questioned, she wanted to be ignorant.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Cornflower MM

Hazel Stonetooth was not in a very good mood as she strode through the sand dunes. An otter, covered in sand and holding a club rose up. "Password?" He inquired. Hazel rolled her eyes. "Keelu, there is no password. Now let me pass you impudent cub!" The otter, Keelu, grinned. "Right marm!"
He stepped aside and Hazel continued her journey, stopping in front of a sand dune that seemed no different than the others - Until she lifted a reed mat covered in sand and walked inside the dune she and her creatures had created. There were many more, of course, scattered around the real dunes, but this was the headquarters.
Hazel'd  just come back from meeting with one of her contacts and wasn't very happy with the news she'd recieved. Collapsing into a chair, she rubbed her temples, thinking for a moment before standing and calling Keelu. When the otter came running, she informed him to get the word spread that there was to be a meeting that night of the Resistance leaders.

Hickory

Rusk crawled under the fence at the back of the farm. The otter had realized too late that he had approached from the house side, in easy view of the creatures inside. Namely, Lady Silvertail. Berating himself with muttered curses, he approached his hedgehog contact.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Kitsune

Aaron's ears twitched as he listened to the clash of sounds coming from outside his window: the calm but distant swish of the sea, the clatter of voices, and the constant ringing in the distance of more trees being cut down. He stood up from where he was lounging on a white sofa and walked over to the window. It provided an excellent view of the town and the sea, since his room was three stories up in their manor. Aaron closed his eyes and sighed. Having money meant that one did not have to do anything then did not want to do, but he found it lacking. Although it was a peaceful life, he wished that there was more action besides stuffy parties and obligatory formalities.
     A cool breeze rustled through his fur. He opened his eyes again. His father, Sir Frederick Snowfur, was out today. He was doing his military duties, no doubt, since he took pride in his position and intended to loose it only in promotion. It would have been the perfect time to help the resistance, but Aaron had not heard word of any actions as of late. Perhaps I should reaffirm my loyalty to them.
     He turned to the servant, an older mouse, who was standing by the door. "Is Master Ling in today?" Aaron asked. He hoped that his old sword instructor was up for a spar. It would releive the boredom. "No sir, he went to the market today to get supplies for another sword he is making, sir" answered the servant. Aaron sighed and turned back toward the window. What else was there to do?

LT Sandpaw

Bemused but not questioning Millie receded back into the kitchen, but not before tapping Linty on the shoulder reminding her to head out. Sighing the little rat munched though the last of her flatbread and left her wooden bowl and spoon in the wash drain. Exiting though the back door she went to collect a shovel in the work shed. It was a short walk along the path, but Linty knew a shortcut though the fields, as long as she was willing to get her paws a little wet in a creek she had to jump.

Descending a small rise she splashed though the frigid waters kicking at little fish that shot away into the weeds. They had found small grass snake hidden amongst the reeds once, or so they said. It had nearly bitten off somebeasts paw and one of the tough otters had to be summoned to kill it. Linty searched amongst the reeds as she did every time she passed, looking for a snake, hoping for the excitement of fighting one. A snake were close enough to being lizards, she could pretend to be a resistance member and battle the reptile.

Linty of course didn't know that such a creature would be well bunkered down in its tunnels and not swimming. She searched in vain before remembering to continue on her way to the shed. Sprinting the last section of the field Linty arrived puffing and pushed open the door.

"Mornin' Daniel." She told the hedgehog's back as he worked on a old cart. Skipping over to him she peered over his shoulder. "What'cha doin'?"

Conrad the Painless

As noon approached, Marth got up from his place by the fire and changed into a clean blue tunic. After washing his hands and face in a simple washbasin, he left his humble home, heading for the village. On the way, Marth passed Lady Silvertail's homestead, watching members of her company working in the fields.

Suddenly, Marth's keen eyes spotted movement around the back of the farmhouse, an otter, it seemed was slinking about, trying not to be noticed. He hesitated for a moment, wondering what he should do. Could it be a thief...? He thought to himself. He decided to approach the farmhouse, knocking politely on the front door. Whoever was sneaking about, obviously did not want to be noticed. What if it's a resistance member? No, no they wouldn't be here....would they? The hare waited for a response.
"Our Lord and Savior.....The Easter Badger, shall pierce the darkness with his scepter and  guide us through the night...."

Lady Amber

After finishing a late breakfast of a fish and an apple, Aydin pulled on his boots and walked outside. The sun was shining; hopefully the weather would get a bit warmer as the day progressed.

He wasn't sure if the Resistance members were going to meet that day, but he decided to go on over to their hideout and see what was happening. He walked back inside for a moment and strapped his twin swords across his back. Throwing his cloak about his shoulders he went outside once more and began the short trek to the Resistance headquarters.

The Skarzs

Faukin could not find any public housing at all, so she resigned herself to simply buying some supplies and moving on.
  Wandering about for a little while in an attempt to find a shop, the wildcat finally came across one that she could use. Going in, she looked about for the items she wanted: some rope, a better flint and steel with tinder, and a ladle that wasn't cracked down the side. Bringing it up to the counter, she set the items down and looked at the owner with her one eye. "How much will it be?"
  The shop owner, a graying hare, looked at the items for a moment before directing his gaze at Faukin. "Not from round here, missy?"
  "Nope. Just passing through."
  The hare rubbed his chin. "Traveller, eh? Well, you might not know, but we've got actual currency here, wot, cips and pells. (Fifty cips makes a pell, dontcha know.) That there'd cost a beast about four pells."
  Faukin's face fell. She had managed to get a few cips, but not as much as that. "Erm, would you be willing to make a trade?"
  The shop keeper rubbed his chin. "Well, it's not something I make a habit of. . . What do you have?"
  "How about this necklace?" She pulled a gold-hued necklace from the pack at her side, a simple single-jeweled pendant with a chain. "It's bronze, but the gem is some pretty purple thing. I'm not really one for something like that, so. . ."
  "Deal." The hare snatched the necklace from Faukin and winked at her. "'S long as you're willing to part with it! The supplies are yours, my fine large feline lady; and here's some change, wot!" He put a square coin and several small round coins onto the counter for Faukin to take.
  She smiled crookedly and secured her items, but before she exited the door, she turned around. "Say . . . can you recommend any place to buy food?"
  "Depends where you're going, miss. If you're alright with traveling, Sarahadoron's prices for food are better, and there's more variety." He put on a serious face and walked around the counter, lowering his voice. "Of course, I'd be careful if I were you. There's talk of rebels against the king who attack travelers on the road. Can't say they're completely true, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to keep a keen eye out nonetheless, wot! And. . . Sarahadoron's not always the most friendly place either. 'Specially not since Kraoleck, ehh. . ." The hare stopped speaking and stared out the shop window for a second before snapping out of whatever it was that stopped him and smiled weakly at Faukin.
  The wildcat patted the large knife belted to her left waist. "Don't worry; I've been in worse places, and I know how to take care of myself. Thank you, and goodbye!"
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.