"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Least Favourite Hero

Started by Tiria Wildlough, November 08, 2011, 03:35:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tam and Martin

Quote from: Gonff the Mousethief on December 31, 2013, 05:58:07 AM
for me, it was tansy. SHE WAS SOOOO ANNOYING :P
IKR!!! She was a whiner and just plain annoying all the time!

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Gonff the Mousethief

When she was abbess, while being trapped in the kotir cave, she just laied down and made everyone do the work
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Tam and Martin

Well there she was also caring for Craklyn so that wasn't all her fault.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

i am that is (Matthias)

Probably Silent Sam even though he wasn't much of a hero I never heard him talk. (I've only read Redwall so I don't know if he talks later in the series or not. So far in Mattimeo he has not talked)

WildDoogyPlumm

Quote from: i am that is (Matthias) on January 02, 2014, 01:31:06 AM
Probably Silent Sam even though he wasn't much of a hero I never heard him talk. (I've only read Redwall so I don't know if he talks later in the series or not. So far in Mattimeo he has not talked)
He talks plenty in Mattimeo actually...he is a lot older by then too.
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: WildDoogyPlumm on January 02, 2014, 01:32:24 AM
Quote from: i am that is (Matthias) on January 02, 2014, 01:31:06 AM
He talks plenty in Mattimeo actually...he is a lot older by then too.
He becomes Motormouth in Mattimeo JK ;D

Life is too short to rush through it.

The Shade

I have to say, I didn't really like Dandin much. Basically a rerun of Gnoff, who was so much better.

Although I don't dislike Deyna, I was a little disappointed when I read The Taggerung. I had heard a little about it before I had read it, this amazing otter warrior, who was on the bad side! It was gonna be such a good story. And it kinda fell flat, how he converted so unnaturally to the "good side". I mean, couldn't there at least be conflict within him? Seriously?
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

clunylooney

I have to say Tarquin and Arven. I actually like Martin the second.
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

Booklover

Mattimeo, probably. He improved (slightly) by the end, but for most of the book, I really didn't like him.
Error. Error. Cannot compute.

clunylooney

Quote from: Booklover on March 27, 2020, 03:33:46 PM
Mattimeo, probably. He improved (slightly) by the end, but for most of the book, I really didn't like him.

Oh yah! I hated Mattimeo, he was a jerk.
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

Flib Bigboat

Quote from: Orinoco on October 22, 2012, 10:01:15 PM
"Martha Braebuck grew up an extremely bright young creature with a thirst for knowledge. She was a formidable reader and scholar, the equal even of the venerated mouse, Sister Portula, Redwall's Abbey Recorder. Martha could solve riddles and equations, write poems, ballads and even sing. According to popular opinion, she had the sweetest singing voice ever heard within the Abbey walls. She never complained about being chairbound, and was invariably cheerful and willing to help others. The maid was a welcome and useful member of the Redwall Abbey community."   ~ Loamhedge, page 17
Ugh, Martha. She was definitely a Sue. Everyone is falling over each other to help her with everything since the day she arrived, like that ottercook (what was his name?) who made a wheelchair for her, and she acts very gracious to them the whole time. Although she's only twelve, she's allowed to participate in the elders's discussions, and a lot of decisions aren't carried through without her permission, she comes up with most of the ideas, she's allowed to talk down to Springald for being rude to the Abbot (who probably didn't hear the mouse's remark anyways), and everyone likes her. And throughout the book, she never does anything wrong, nor is she scolded for anything. Ever.

Another character I don't like is Grath Longfletch. Sure, her family was murdered by corsairs, but does that mean she can hunt them all down, one by one, endangering her friends's lives, and (most likely) killing some creatures who never took part in the Holt Lutra massacre? Seriously. Killing others to get revenge doesn't fix anything. And the other goodbeasts don't see anything wrong with that- to them, the only good vermin is a dead vermin. She could have gone and killed Ublaz instead of wasting her time running after Romsca's ship, or she could have gone to the Abbey to help them search for the Pearls, or she could have made a plan to rescue Durral and Viola. There are plenty of other things she could have done, that were more useful. I don't like it when a hero's family and/or friends are murdered by a band of vermin, and then they go after that band, and then make it their life's ambition to kill every last vermin they see, for that murder. I know they're upset and all, but it would be simpler to kill the main warlord or captain, because they were the ones who ordered their army to kill those woodlanders. After that, the army would disband, and the surviving woodlander could move on with their life.
Life is often like pushing a luggage cart through the airport. Sometimes I feel ridiculous, sometimes I look ridiculous, but I just keep pushing that luggage cart, and hoping I'm generally heading in the right direction.
Always keep your word, always finish what you started, and never go unprepared.
In a hole in the ground, there once lived a hobbit.
It's your birthday today, everybeast say hooray, there's a cat licking your birthday cake, it's your birthday today!
Long live the RRR!

Dante8002

Yalahoo!

clunylooney

Yeah, I said Arven and Tarquin last time, but looking back I really kind of despise Trisscar Swordmaid. She was just so very uninteresting.
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

Tungro

Not sure why she gets so much hate - maybe she wasn't super interesting, but just 'average' i'd say is better than some I can think of