News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Slagar's death...

Started by Dante8002, January 10, 2020, 11:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dante8002

I wanted Matthias to kill Slagar & avenge Methuselah, Buckler to kill Zwilt the shade & Rawnblade to kill Gabool. I got annoyed with the accident deaths like Slagar's falling into the Loamhedge well. Any guys you wanted to slay particular villains? 
Yalahoo!

clunylooney

I actually liked how Slagar died. He was running from his enemies and fell down a well. He lived a coward and died a coward and I'm glad.
I think it was good Rawnblade didn't kill Gabool because then Joseph and Mariel wouldn't have fulfilled their vows.
The only one I can think of is Mokkan. Brian just had one of the coolest villains in the series just killed by a random slave. I wanted someone important to kill him, like Dann or Song. I would have even liked if Dann threatened him by pointing the sword of martin at him and while Mokkan was backing away from the sword he tripped and fell into the lake.
I did not like how that random slave killed Mokkan at all.
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

Sebias of Redwall

I honestly didn't mind how Slagar died either. But I have to agree with Mokkan. A main character should've killed him. Also, that one ferret baddie in Triss kinda had a lame death in my opinion. Then again, it was like she was a awesome baddie who deserved a great death or anything, but still.
I also have mixed feelings sometimes about Razzid's death.
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

clunylooney

Quote from: Sebias of Redwall on April 29, 2020, 06:20:52 PM
I honestly didn't mind how Slagar died either. But I have to agree with Mokkan. A main character should've killed him. Also, that one ferret baddie in Triss kinda had a lame death in my opinion. Then again, it was like she was a awesome baddie who deserved a great death or anything, but still.
I also have mixed feelings sometimes about Razzid's death.
You mean when Princess Kurda fell on her own broken sword or when Prince Bladd died when a cauldron of oatmeal fell on his head? Wow, Triss has really stupid deaths.
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

Sebias of Redwall

Oh, I dunno. Prince Bladd's death wasn't quite as bad I don't think. I just feel like falling on her sword was... rather lame, personally. But that's because she was technically the main villain. Prince Bladd was a bit more secondary, so I feel more prone to excuse his type of death.
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

clunylooney

Yeah, I also liked Bladd's death but it was kind of silly. The only reason I liked Kurda's death was because it made stupid Triss cry. Triss gets on my nerves and she is the worst main character IMO so when she cried about how Kurda robbed her of revenge it made me happy. God I hate Triss (the character, not the book).

Edit: Wow! Looking back I needed to calm down! I still hate Trisscar Swordmaid though.
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

Dante8002

Yes. I agree. Triss is so overrated.
Yalahoo!

clunylooney

Well, does it count as overrated if nobody seems to like Triss or her book?
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

Flib Bigboat

I do like Triss and her book.

And I think having the bad guys get killed by minor characters was a good idea, because it makes for a good plot twist.
Life is often like pushing a luggage cart through the airport. Sometimes I feel ridiculous, sometimes I look ridiculous, but I just keep pushing that luggage cart, and hoping I'm generally heading in the right direction.
Always keep your word, always finish what you started, and never go unprepared.
In a hole in the ground, there once lived a hobbit.
It's your birthday today, everybeast say hooray, there's a cat licking your birthday cake, it's your birthday today!
Long live the RRR!

WorshipTiria

Quote from: Dante8002 on January 10, 2020, 11:59:55 AM
I wanted Matthias to kill Slagar & avenge Methuselah, Buckler to kill Zwilt the shade & Rawnblade to kill Gabool. I got annoyed with the accident deaths like Slagar's falling into the Loamhedge well. Any guys you wanted to slay particular villains?
I finally realized how he died. Never quite realized he fell down a well.
I'm about to go GREMLIN MODE