Mariel (spoilers for Mariel of Redwall & The bellmaker!)

Started by Martha Braebuck, August 04, 2011, 07:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martha Braebuck

Right now I'm reading Mariel of Redwall for the second time. I'm just confused, the squirrel Treerose is such a whining brat in the first one but she is that perfect little squirrelmaid in the bellmaker. I wonder what happened to her!
And remember when Mariel first went to Redwall? Then she hit the ball with her gullwhacker and Treerose got ticked off, I felt sooo bad for poor Mariel, she was so happy and wanted to play then meanie treerose had to come over and scratch her. Does anyone agree with me?
~Love, •*Martha*•

Whoohahahahooh!! ~Hon Rosie's awesome laugh!

"Fate 'n fortune smile on us,
and of this crew take care,
but let no greedy robber try,
to guzzle up my share!"

Nightfire

I think Treerose was completely overreacting.  >:( I feel sorry for Mariel. You're definitely right about that. I liked how she bumped Treerose on the head with her Gullwacker, though.  ;D That was funny. I think that marrying Oak Tom changed her, because he was so responsible, with a good sense of humor. He kinda forced her to lighten up.  ;)
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Martha Braebuck

hmmm...interesting facts! Maybe thats true, but I'm not sure. ha ha, and then later on remember Mariel dropped...I think it was a berry or a candied chestnut in Treerose's ear! That was funny!
~Love, •*Martha*•

to guzzle up my share!"

Nightfire

I like how a mole poured hotroot soup down Treerose's throat. That was hilarious!  :D
I think that Tarquin was a bit annoying how he was so lovestruck all the time. I mean, he's nice, and Hon Rosie is nice, but he was chunnering on about her ALL THE TIME!
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Tiria Wildlough

I like when Tarquin sings his song, and Mellus throws an apple at him and says, 'I'll leave you in tears if you don't be quiet! I'll wrap that harolina round your head, see if I don't!'
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Nightfire

You're the #1 badger fan of this website, aren't you?  ;) I'm the #1 squirrel and otter fan. OPut of all the squirrels, I think Ranguvar Foeseeker is the best. Out of the otters, though, then it would be Skipper, A.K.A. Warthorn, from Mossflower. I like the part in Mariel where Tarquin is forced to climb the mast to take down the sails, and he's chunnering on to no one in particular.  :)

Skalrag of Marshank

I borrowed Mariel of Redwall on tape from the library...I'm on disc 2.
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Osu

Skalrag, the Mariel of Redwall audiobook is a very good one. Good for you!~

Regarding Treerose, she was a spoiled brat in the beginning, but she grew up significantly around the time Hon Rosie was brought in after the final battle with the searats - even Mellus mentioned it. In the Bellmaker, she was an adult and very much out of her little whiny stage. :D It's one of the things that make these books so wonderful, seeing characters that you'd like to slap grow and change into a character you wish you knew.
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Skalrag of Marshank

Oh my goodness, I HATE Treerose in Mariel! She's such a brat!
  ~ Larry Boy

Nightfire

Yes, she is. I'm going to go now. I have to feed a ferret. And no, I'm not  turning evil.  ;D

Martha Braebuck

there are a lot of Mariel fans I guess! She is pretty cool, but I must say, you guys should like Ranguvar, she's ab-so-flippin'-loot-ly awesome!:D
~Love, •*Martha*•

to guzzle up my share!"

Nightfire

Skalrag of Marshank

~ Larry Boy

Nightfire

Duh.  ::) Why else d'you think that my character's a black squirrel?

Skalrag of Marshank

~ Larry Boy