Distance between Redwall and Salamandastron. (The places, not the books)

Started by Sebias of Redwall, October 27, 2019, 01:42:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebias of Redwall

So the title basically sums it up. How long would it take for a creature (For example, a mouse let's say) to walk from Redwall Abbey to Salamandastron. I'm sure they said how long it took in the books, but I can't find it.

"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Cornflower MM

In Mossflower it took Martin&Co a season to walk there - Granted, the way they took is much, much different a lot longer than it seems to take on average in the rest of the books. I would say anywhere from between 5 days and 2 weeks.

shisteer of nothing much

It would probably depend on how often you almost get killed on the way. It generally happens at least twice and sometimes it involves a minor detour. If you took the quickest route and didn't have any interruptions, it could take about two, three days, ish.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Booklover

And it depends which route they go. For some reason, Brocktree went north then west, and eventually south, whereas he could have just gone west and through the mountains, like Martin and co. did. I know he didn't go from Redwall (nor did Martin and co., for that matter), but Brockhall is near to Kotir, which Redwall was built on top of.

In Mariel of Redwall, it didn't seem to take that long. And from what I can remember, in Outcast of Redwall, it didn't take long. So a season when they're hurrying does seem a bit off.
Error. Error. Cannot compute.

shisteer of nothing much

I think Brocktree went that route to avoid the blue vermin and to gather troops.

I don't think anyone has succeeded in getting from Redwall to Salamandastron (or visa versa) without getting interrupted, so it's hard to tell how long it would take if all went well.

In Mariel of Redwall, I think it would have taken Captain Clary and co about a week to get to Redwall, from when they left Salamandastron. (It doesn't actually say how long it took so I'm not absolutely sure. That's just an estimate from what I gathered reading it)

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Kade Rivok

Well, I don't have The Long Patrol in front of me (being at work and all) but I know in that one Cregga basically force marches her hares from Salamandastron straight to Redwall (well, a hill close to Redwall, but whatevs)  She get's a bit sidetracked, but the length of that journey might be a good indicator if somebeast wants to look it up before I get a chance to.
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: Kade Rivok on November 01, 2019, 08:33:08 PM
Well, I don't have The Long Patrol in front of me (being at work and all) but I know in that one Cregga basically force marches her hares from Salamandastron straight to Redwall (well, a hill close to Redwall, but whatevs)  She get's a bit sidetracked, but the length of that journey might be a good indicator if somebeast wants to look it up before I get a chance to.
Hmm...That's right. I think it was three days, but I think I'll go check.
Thank's for the info, everyone, btw!
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

shisteer of nothing much

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Ebantu the Kararehe

In the Outcast of Redwall it takes Sunflash twenty something days to get from the north river mouth to Salamandastron. But that doesn't really fit in with any other books, so... ???
Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

shisteer of nothing much

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Ebantu the Kararehe

Hmm. Maybe, but I don't think so. *gasps* Fanfiction idea! Why did it take Sunflash so long to get to Salamandastron? Someone could write a story about it in which he gets delayed by some bad guys and there's an epic battle!
Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

And until we meet again,

Kade Rivok

Quote from: Ebantu the Kararehe on December 15, 2019, 02:41:50 AM
Hmm. Maybe, but I don't think so. *gasps* Fanfiction idea! Why did it take Sunflash so long to get to Salamandastron? Someone could write a story about it in which he gets delayed by some bad guys and there's an epic battle!

Sunflash was walking.  He knew he had places to be, but he was also very tired.  He decided to take a nap.  Multiple days passed before he woke and went on his way.

The End!

But really though, it does seem odd that he took so long.  Probably wasn't a direct route, if I had to guess.
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Ebantu the Kararehe

And until we meet again,

shisteer of nothing much

Quote from: Kade Rivok on December 15, 2019, 05:58:36 AM
Quote from: Ebantu the Kararehe on December 15, 2019, 02:41:50 AM

Sunflash was walking.  He knew he had places to be, but he was also very tired.  He decided to take a nap.  Multiple days passed before he woke and went on his way.

The End!
*claps* It could probably do with a bit more fleshing out but it works.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!