Reactions you get from poeple who read Redwall.

Started by winifred, February 16, 2012, 08:30:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winifred

What reactions did you get from your friends or family  (who you problyforced) to read Redwall ;D
I got a couple,

1.I told someone about it and their reaction was, "It has animals in it......I like real stories."   ::)  And they were reading a book with animals in it at that moment! :-\
2.It sounds good, but I dont read......... (I still told them to read it!)
A couple weeks later............
I LOVE REDWALLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!It's so EPIC!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D
(that was the best reaction ever!!!)
3.I started doing a hare voice on the telephone for my grandma and I convinced her (with a laughter belly-ache :D ) to read redwall!

Some poeple loved it but didnt go crazy over it which was just as good! :)
Did any of you get any dissapointing reactions?
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Beyond the Western Deep
Mouseguard
Ranger's Apprentice
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Book Thief
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
:D
And many many more...

Bragoon

I don't talk about it much, but my pastor's wife is a solid fan, so it's fun to talk to her about it.  She's awesome like that. 
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Mad Maudie

well ive been trying to get my friends to read it and some say the same thing i read like real books and other say it sounds stupid my brother was all going on about how stupid it sounded and was but he was reading the mouse and the motorcycle isn't that just a modern slightly different redwall?
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Redwallfan7

My brother actually recommended the books to me
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Mad Maudie

yeah well my brother is not a reading person at all! i on the other hand am the biggest reader of the family and i am the youngest!
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Redwallfan7

My cousin likes to read but idk if the redwall books are her stlye
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Mad Maudie

yeah all my cousins are younger than me and they do not read anything with blood at all!
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Redwall Musician

This discussion seems better fit for General Discussion. *is moved*
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Tiria Wildlough

Well, I was talking to a friend a few months ago, and she asked me what books I like to read. (She's a reading person too!) I told her I like books with animals in them, and she wanted to know if I meant Redwall. It turned out she had a few of them, but she wanted to wait till she had Redwall. It turned out I had it with me, so I lent it to her. She likes it. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Flib Bigboat

This sounds strange, but my best friend and I love to argue about the Redwall books.
Life is often like pushing a luggage cart through the airport. Sometimes I feel ridiculous, sometimes I look ridiculous, but I just keep pushing that luggage cart, and hoping I'm generally heading in the right direction.
Always keep your word, always finish what you started, and never go unprepared.
In a hole in the ground, there once lived a hobbit.
It's your birthday today, everybeast say hooray, there's a cat licking your birthday cake, it's your birthday today!
Long live the RRR!

MeadowR

Those I've heard from in real life, who have actually read the Redwall series, seem to have been pretty positive about it I've found. :D
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Ally046

I can't ever get anyone to try and read any of the Redwall books...

One time in Middle School, my teacher saw the Redwall book on my desk, and told me she was talked to someone the day before who was absolutely crazy about the series...

I never found out who it was...
Cobb, Ember, Nutmeg, Pingvin, Diann, Celest, Cinnabon, Coco

Rillbrook the Wanderer

I was a huge Redwall fan when I was younger and still am (occasionally reading past 1 or 2 to make time to reread them in my busy college schedule). For a while I was the only one to enjoy them, but now that a few more of my brothers are old enough to read bigger chapter books they're devouring them as I did.

Verdauga

Hey there, Rillbrook! If you want to more formally introduce yourself, you can head on over to our Introduction Topic!

For myself, I've only met one or two people outside of this forum who know about it, so I don't get many reactions.
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Booklover

My brother was the one to get me to read them, although I don't think my other brothers read them at all.
Error. Error. Cannot compute.