Best Fight in the Saga (spoilers)

Started by James Gryphon, June 28, 2011, 10:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sabretache5611

Most best fights would be (not in order):
1. The Long Patrol and Woodlanders vs Rapscallions.  That was the most epic battle in Redwall, the waves of enemy forces, the traps employed by the woodlanders, then the mighty finish when the hares of the long patrol hit the Rapscallions from behind.
2. Rakkety Tam vs Gulo, certainly one of the better one on one fight scenes.
3. Martin vs Tsarmina, I would say this is one of the closest most suspenseful fights ever because Martin really looked like as if he was going to lose at one point.
4. Bragoon and Sarabando vs Abyss horde (or whatever its name was) that was epic.  two aged warriors holding back an army on top of a fallen tree, total awesomeness.
5. Matthias vs Asmodeus, that was some awesome snake killing
6. Cuthbert w Frunk vs Pitru& Wildcats + Slothunog.  That was awesome.  Taking some wildcats and a freaking giant serpent down with you is just...awesome.

However, i have to say some fight scenes were rather disappointing.
The not as good fight scenes:
1. Brocktree vs Ungatt Trunn, seemed a little too easy for brocktree.
2. Gabool vs Mariel and co.  i expected a one on one between Gabool and Mariel and I got one v one with Gabool and a scorpion...
3. Cluny vs Matthias.  It was epic...until Matthias tricked Cluny.  that was so cheap i had to say, but i do agree that Cluny deserved it.
Trying to stop me reading Redwall is like trying to separate Sabretache from his sabre.  Basically, don't try.

Log-a-Log

I think the battle of Malkiriss is a decent battle scene in Mattimeo, especially when Matthias fights the Wearet
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Captain Tammo

Quote from: Log-a-Log on July 05, 2011, 09:18:23 PM
I think the battle of Malkiriss is a decent battle scene in Mattimeo, especially when Matthias fights the Wearet

Yeah that fight was awesome! I haven't read it in a while and I don't have the book with me, but doesn't matthias fall of the cliff and land in a basket or something?
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

sabretache5611

Quote from: Captain Tammo on July 06, 2011, 01:34:43 AM
Quote from: Log-a-Log on July 05, 2011, 09:18:23 PM

Yeah that fight was awesome! I haven't read it in a while and I don't have the book with me, but doesn't matthias fall of the cliff and land in a basket or something?

yup he does.  that was a pretty decent scene.  Have any of you guys noticed that Matthias's biggest mistake in combat is that he always and i mean ALWAYS leaves his back open.
Trying to stop me reading Redwall is like trying to separate Sabretache from his sabre.  Basically, don't try.

DanielofRedwall

I was actualy just going to mention Matthias vs the Wearat!
Received mostly negative reviews.

Plugg Firetail

And don't forget Razzid's crew vs. Long Patrol and Rogue crew.Come on they fought inside Redwall!!

Coobreedan

Martin vs Tsarsmina was epic! I actually thought Martin was going to die!
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Mad Maudie

Dotti and Bucko
Otters verses wildcats
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Nightfire

1: Finnbar Galedeep vs. Urgan Nagru (so epic!)
2: Battle of Green Isle
3: Rapscallions vs. Long Patrol
4: Mokkan vs. The Pursuers.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Taggerung The Otter

lordborck tree vs tat wildcat, wot wot
For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Oh yeah...buitiful verse... :D

Sebias of Redwall

Cluny vs Matthias.
Long Patrol vs Rapscallions
Matthias vs Wearet
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

The Skarzs

Quote from: Taggerung The Otter on November 29, 2011, 02:27:38 PM
lordborck tree vs tat wildcat, wot wot
This one came to mind: Brocktree versus Ungatt Trunn.
The other one I liked was Dottie Dillworthy versus Bucko Bigbones.

One that I really would have liked to see was Urthstripe the Strong versus the fox poisoner. I mean, come on, the fox had access to any weapon he wanted, while Urthstripe had a rag soaked with poisoned water. Would have been epic.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

The Witessss

The Bark Patrol v. Blue Hordes
Matt. v. Cluny
Martin v. Tsarmina
the one where the dibbons cut the ropes of the vermin coming up the walls. the book doesn't come to mind when I think about it.
Bladd v. oatmeal pot.
the wwwiiiiiitttttttteeeeessssssss!

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: The Witessss on February 28, 2019, 01:27:00 AM
The Bark Patrol v. Blue Hordes
Matt. v. Cluny
Martin v. Tsarmina
the one where the dibbons cut the ropes of the vermin coming up the walls. the book doesn't come to mind when I think about it.
Bladd v. oatmeal pot.

The one with the dibbuns was hilarious!  :laugh: I think it's in the Marlfox
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

The Witessss

the wwwiiiiiitttttttteeeeessssssss!