Did Redwall teach you any new words?

Started by Osu, July 30, 2011, 02:07:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wot Wot!

Oh, sorry Skalrag....a claymore is a type of sword.  Used by some in the Long Patrol
All you cowards of the land and flotsam of the sea
Who murder, pillage, loot whene'er  you please
There's a Long Patrol a waitin', we'll greet you cheerfully,
You'll hear us cry 'Eulalia' on the breeze.

Skalrag of Marshank

"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Taggerung The Otter

redwall 'as taught me a whole lot o' new word, wot wot
For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Oh yeah...buitiful verse... :D

Superdreuzel

Hmm ... Dolohov ...

Melody

I learned a whole vocabulary! And I LOVE IT!

Rollo the Baby Bankvole

I had never heard of "vittles" before I started reading Redwall, I've learnt a lot of other new words too :P
I've read Mattimeo, Salamandastron, The Pearls of Lutra, The Taggerung, Triss, Eulalia!, Lord Brocktree, The Legend of Luke, The Bellmaker & The Long Patrol! xD
??Just close your eyes, the sun is going down, you'll be alright, noone

winifred

same here,
some of my favs:
vittles, bloomin blinkin bally, vermin,dirk,bloodwrath,claymore,broadsword,shrew,vole,peckish and eulaliaa and wot-wot!

It also tuaght me a new way of things in general! I took to it like it was ment for me, but my friends and family thought I was a little crazy at first! :D  ;D  ;)
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Beyond the Western Deep
Mouseguard
Ranger's Apprentice
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Book Thief
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
:D
And many many more...

Plugg Firetail

The one thing I remember that Redwall taught me was wot wot!!

Tiria Wildlough

My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Icefire

Redwall taught me several words....none of which I could name off of the top of my head because I'm now so familiar with them!

...with the exception of Eulalia, of course! I love that word. EULALIA!!!!!!!!!!
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Ungatt Trunn

I learned several new words from the Redwall series. The first two words that I learned from it were Vice Versa (which means the other way around).

Life is too short to rush through it.

GeminyaTome

Lackadaisical. Ever since I saw that word in The Rogue Crew, it started popping up everywhere. Other than that, it just expanded my vocabulary like reading normally does. I did start using anbsoballylutely a lot...
Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God. For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.

Psalm 90:2,4

redwallgurl

I learned alot of new good describing words and other intresting redwall insults
Fun. is a fantastic band.

Skyblade

I learned what it means to do food "full justice". It pops up everywhere in the Redwall books(thanks to all the food scenes).

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

GeminyaTome

Quote from: redwallgurl on June 11, 2012, 08:53:45 PM
I learned alot of new good describing words and other intresting redwall insults
It did help me to learn to describe better. I loved his writing style; it's so descriptive, enticing and thrilling. 
Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God. For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.

Psalm 90:2,4