Did Redwall teach you any new words?

Started by Osu, July 30, 2011, 02:07:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwallfan7

I learned the words javelin, pike, vittles, dormitory, and great hall
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

WildDoogyPlumm

So many words!  Rook, javelin, claymore, a bunch of words about ships I can't remember right now, the list goes on and on!
My favorite word that I learned from Redwall is "truculent".
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Skyblade

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Redwallfan7

I also learned:

Pray tell

Vessel

Keel
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

gorath

My favorite people: Obi Wan, Satele Shan, Jek 14, Kai, Longtooth, and Kili.

WildDoogyPlumm

"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Redwallfan7

Abbey, vittles, vermin, to name more

Skyblade

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Tannsrall

Looking back before the reading the books, I feel like I was stupid back then. I have learned some much from Redwall, and it was useful during my canoe trip the past three days.
if you not shoopid then don' ask shoopid questions - mousebabe from Bellmaker

I am the law!

-

MatthiasMan

Abbey, vittles, vermin, scone, thither, and so much more.

Capn Greypatch

These books taught me a lot of new plants and trees I never knew existed, that's for sure! Also, I never knew that a score was 20...but some flipping through pages and I eventually found it out. :P
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing". - George Bernard Shaw

Rainshadow

all of the names of medieval weapons I learned from Redwall.  I had no clue what a javelin was, or a lance, or even a sling!
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Tiria Wildlough

I learned that a pike is a fish. I thought it was only a weapon. That's why I was confused when it says that Cluny battled with a pike.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Flandor

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on July 02, 2012, 04:20:05 AM
I learned that a pike is a fish. I thought it was only a weapon. That's why I was confused when it says that Cluny battled with a pike.

Haha! I thought the same thing when I first read the book in the fifth grade.  It'd be a little less impressive.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Tiria Wildlough

Yeah, I didn't understand it for quite a while.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.