Throwback Thursdays: Redwall

Started by Asmadeus, January 31, 2014, 01:57:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmadeus

I write for a little independent site, and I got the chance this week to share some Redwall love with the internet. Thought you guys might enjoy it too!

http://thenerdybomb.com/book/throwback-thursdays-redwall/

Blazemane

Awesome article! I really like that you pointed to the moral dilemmas in the series; I think that too often, Brian Jacques is criticized for working with too much black-and-white characterization, but really, he does put a lot of moments in the series where two sides of an argument are presented by morally credible characters, and then the disagreement is just left there--no character really convinces the other. I recognize that overall, his stories are definitely written as good vs. evil, but there is a lot of subtlety, too (also, I don't at all mind the clear contrasts between good and evil, so I guess when this criticism is made, I don't quite see it as a criticism in the first place).

MeadowR

It was a nice article! These books do deserve such notice outside of the usual sites. :)
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Ungatt Trunn

That was a great article! Looks like it would be a good start to try to get someone intresting in the Redwall series. And I couldn't help But laugh at the point with "Anne Rice" ;D

P.S: Just to say, Cluny lost his eye to a pike (an eel-like fish), not in battle ;)

Life is too short to rush through it.

Skyblade

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!