News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Does anyone know of a Redwall and Pokemon crossover

Started by rrrrr, May 01, 2015, 03:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrrrr

Have you guys seen a Redwall and Pokemon crossover? That would be very cool :D
rrrrr.....

Ho arr, mateys, swimming is fun!

I had shrimp 'n' hotroot soup today.

Gonff the Mousethief

I have not heard of such thing. I do know that there are a couple Sherlock/Pokemon things floating around somewhere.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Luftwaffles

There should be... somewhere. Have you ever been on DeviantART? Pokèmon has been crossed over with pretty much EVERYTHING.
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

rrrrr

I would like to do one but I question my dialogue-writing abilities, because I have an unusual affinity to write "he/she said" at the end of every dialogue.

There can be Pikachus everywhere!!! ;D
rrrrr.....

Edraithel

to mix it up you can use a description of the character, or call them by their name. Also instead of saying "said" you can say, "shouted, called, howled, cried, yelled, screeched, replied, answered, etc. Just switching it up with descriptive verbs will make it more interesting.
"A cage," she said. "To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire." - Eowyn, Lord of the Rings

"Listen for the destination in your heart if you lose sight of your path." D. Gray Man

rrrrr

rrrrr.....

Jukka the Sling

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Wylder Treejumper

Also, using "said" a lot is not necessarily a bad thing. Using more descriptive verbs can distract from the dialogue. What I actually do most of the time is cut out all dialogue-verbs, and substitute actions of the character speaking instead. If you are a proficient writer, you can make conversations flow with no "said"s or descriptor verbs at all.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

The Skarzs

Said is an invisible word, most of the time. If you use "growled", "moaned", "yelled", etc. too much, it brings the reader out of your world. Invisible is good, and a good writer shouldn't need to tell the reader how the character is saying something; the reader is smart enough to know if a character is angry. BJ often used action to denote who was speaking, rather than a dialogue tag.
  You don't need "he said" behind everything; use it before or in the middle on occasion, and if you have two characters talking for a while, the tags aren't always necessary. The way they speak can be unique to a character, so that adds to the ease with which they can be determined.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Blaggut

Oh no... It has come...

The plague known as Badfics and Crossovers has finaly infected the population...
~Just a soft space boi~