News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

HQ of the Forum Revival Movement (Viva la Forum!)

Started by Wylder Treejumper, May 07, 2015, 08:12:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wylder Treejumper

I have already spoken with Matthias720. You have no need to fear.

Not about a forum Olympics. Apparently I skipped the last 4 posts...
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

The Mask

A forum Olympics sounds pretty good. We should advertise on other websites. Other ROC and perhaps some similar books.

Also could I be added to the RP board commitee?
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Wylder Treejumper

Affirmative.

May I ask, what exactly do you mean by Forum Olympics?
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

The Mask

I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

Wylder Treejumper

Ah. Apparently I somehow managed to have missed all of those posts... Yes, that does sound like a good idea.

Why and how would we advertise on other forums?
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

The Mask

A lot of people joined this forum by hearing about it from other forums. This would bring more members in and/or get them interested in Redwall.

It won't be too hard to advertise. I'm sure most of them would have 'Other redwall websites' as a board. And the non-Redwall ones would probably have a place to advertise or something.

Wylder Treejumper

In such case a "Membership Committee" should be assembled... I shall do it!
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

The Mask

If needed, I can join that committee as well.

Wylder Treejumper

Well, good.

Someone should join the Recipe Committee! I'm lonely! :'(
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

The Skarzs

I feel like putting recipes from the Redwall Cookbook is cheating; that's just me. Anyhow, I've put up a recipe for vegetable soup (and I think for biscuits), and I want to do one for some delicious raspberry-leaf tea, but I need to make it first.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Wylder Treejumper

Well, yes. I'm pretty sure the idea is to add more recipes not available otherwise...

More importantly, adding recipes from The Redwall Cookbook would violate copyright law.
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

The Skarzs

. . . I thought that's where you were getting those recipes. . . :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Wylder Treejumper

I am highly offended! ...Just kidding. ;)

Nope. They are from The Redwall Kitchen, a site that is totally defunct. I'm adding them because 1) I hope they will attract traffic, 2) It's convenient to have all the recipes in the same place, and 3) To enable discussion and such, as the site is dead.

In fact, it's kind of funny... If you go on, it says the site is closed and will not be updated until at least 2004.
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Gonff the Mousethief

I love the Olympics idea!

I'll join the new committee Wylder.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

The Skarzs

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on May 09, 2015, 12:05:29 AM
In fact, it's kind of funny... If you go on, it says the site is closed and will not be updated until at least 2004.
>_>
And yeah, after I had posted I looked at your topics. :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.