News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Highwing's Fanfiction

Started by Shadowed One, October 20, 2013, 12:59:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowed One

This is not really a story. I wasn't sure where else to put it, though.

So, has anyone here read The Crimson Badger, The Shrew War, or any other of Highwing' s fanfiction? I have read The Crimson Badger, and I really enjoyed it. It was at least book length, possibly longer, and could easily have been an official Redwall book. It was just as detailed, and while the style was different, it was close enough that you might not notice any difference.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Faiyloe

I looked for that fan fiction but I can't find it.  :-[
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Captain Tammo

I've heard of the crimson badger before. I heard it was incredible! What's it about?
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Shadowed One

Two badger Lord brothers, Urthblood and Urthfist, jointly rule Salamandastron. Then Urthblood gets a prophecy about a huge crisis that is coming. He leaves, goes to the Northlands, and starts getting an army of creatures including good vermin. Urthfist reads the prophecy, interprets it to mean that Urthblood is the one who will bring war to the land, and issues kill on sight orders to the Long Patrol.

The theme of the story is whether or not vermin are all bad, and woodlanders are all good. It was very interesting. They have it on Fanfiction.net, by the way.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

cairn destop

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/76153/Highwing

This link should take you to his works, including the Crimson Badger stories.

Mod Edit: necessary caution for young members: the above link will take you to a page that contains fanfictions with allusions to adult content.
Retirement:  What I earned from a lifetime of work.

Shadowed One

Osu

I read through the first two books and realized I was hoping all of the characters would lose because I disliked them equally. So I stopped there. =/ Just not my cup of tea, I guess. The stories are put together well, though, everything from grammar to pacing. Nothing compared to what Jacques himself writes, mind you, but well written all the same. [/unnecessary review by Osu] [/pardon my pessimism please]

Anyway, potential readers beware: above link will take you to a page that contains fanfictions with strong allusions to adult content (the kind that isn't allowed here) for which the author does not warn you about ahead of time. Keep an eye on the story rating and keep that in mind.
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.