News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Brian's TV Introductions

Started by TW, November 22, 2013, 10:59:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: TW on November 28, 2013, 11:46:05 PM
Well I looked through my Redwall DVDs and it seems like there aren't any bonus features at all on the 2003 and 2011 DVD releases. Brian's intros weren't limited to a certain region, were they?
Possably....I saw on ebay three or fout seperate DVDs that, together, held the complete 2nd Season. Also, they were reagion 3, or some reagion that is only available in Canada. Think something could be in those volumes?

Life is too short to rush through it.

TW

It's possible. Someone earlier reported that the framing was on a two-part release of Season 1. They didn't mention which release or region it was.

EDIT: Just saw on Redwall Wiki that there was a two-part release in 2005 that had a Meet the Author section. It looks like the release only covered episodes 1-7.
"In my books there is life and death. Goodies get killed as well as baddies. It's not like Walt Disney where there are singing teapots and we all go over the hill singing bobbidy-bobbidy-boo at the end so goodies get killed as well as baddies." -Brian Jacques

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: TW on November 29, 2013, 08:20:47 PM
Just saw on Redwall Wiki that there was a two-part release in 2005 that had a Meet the Author section. It looks like the release only covered episodes 1-7.
Can you post a link to that artical? I'd like to see it.

TW

http://redwall.wikia.com/wiki/Redwall_-_The_Siege
and
http://redwall.wikia.com/wiki/Redwall_-_Friends_and_Foes_(Vol._2)

Here are the links. It has a feature called Meet the Author: Brian Jacques. Since the articles don't go into detail on the feature, I don't know for sure if it's what we're looking for. Even then, it looks like the only way we'd get the second half of Redwall and all of Mattimeo's introductions would be if someone recorded the original showings and converted them to DVD. I really don't know how feasible that is.
"In my books there is life and death. Goodies get killed as well as baddies. It's not like Walt Disney where there are singing teapots and we all go over the hill singing bobbidy-bobbidy-boo at the end so goodies get killed as well as baddies." -Brian Jacques

Ungatt Trunn

Hmmm...we should contact Lord TBT. He runs the Redwall Wiki, knows pretty much everything about everything about Redwall, he's met BJ before, and he seems to have allot of connections...maybe he can find something.

TW

Well if you know how to contact him, go ahead. He might be able to shed some light on this mystery.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: TW on November 30, 2013, 03:25:06 AM
Well if you know how to contact him, go ahead. He might be able to shed some light on this mystery.
He has an account on this Forum. Maybe I can send him a PM...or I can maybe find his e-mail adress or something on the Redwall Wiki.

TW

I should be able to give some kind of confirmation on the Redwall - The Siege DVD soon. I was picking up Christmas presents on Amazon and saw that the DVD was only a couple of dollars for a used- like new copy so I picked it up.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: TW on December 04, 2013, 05:53:45 PM
I should be able to give some kind of confirmation on the Redwall - The Siege DVD soon. I was picking up Christmas presents on Amazon and saw that the DVD was only a couple of dollars for a used- like new copy so I picked it up.
Really? Tell us about it when you get it...

TW

I'll make sure to. I just want to say it might take some time for me to post anything on it. Depending on when it comes, the earliest I'll post anything is next weekend when I get home from my first semester of college. Amazon's giving a deliver by date of Dec. 26th, but even Amazon Marketplace rarely takes that long. The far off dates are probably just used to prevent people complaining all the time. The only problem left is figuring out how to post them online if the DVD does indeed have what we're looking for. ;)

LordTBT

Hey guys.

Mr. Jacques' introductions are unfortunately not on any of the DVDs...I guess this is because only the animation was licensed for that sort of distribution. I have no idea whether the introductions even exist anywhere official.

As has been indicated earlier, IF someone recorded the TV show back on the day on VHS, they would have them...but to find such a person would be difficult. Tell ya what though, I'll make some posts on the RW accounts to see what turns up.

Regarding Liverpool Fishermen audio, I do own all their works. Unfortunately, I don't have a turntable at this time. I am in the market for one though.

For the time being, there's some older audio here:
http://redwall.wikia.com/wiki/Echoes_of_Merseyside
http://redwall.wikia.com/wiki/A_Gig_wid_Brig
http://redwall.wikia.com/wiki/Jakestown

And I also recommend a few of the links here for older video:
http://redwall.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Filmography

and here of course for everything else:
http://redwall.wikia.com/wiki/Brian_Jacques_Audio_and_Video

Quote from: TW on December 04, 2013, 09:47:26 PM
I'll make sure to. I just want to say it might take some time for me to post anything on it. Depending on when it comes, the earliest I'll post anything is next weekend when I get home from my first semester of college. Amazon's giving a deliver by date of Dec. 26th, but even Amazon Marketplace rarely takes that long. The far off dates are probably just used to prevent people complaining all the time. The only problem left is figuring out how to post them online if the DVD does indeed have what we're looking for. ;)

Also, as you're a college student (presumably with a college email) sign up for Amazon Prime. It's half-off for you, I think around $40/year, which is insanely cheap. Do it.

TW

Thanks for everything Lord TBT. I'll still take a look at the DVD, but it'll probably just be another contribution to my library's Redwall collection. It'll be better off there introducing new Dibbuns to Redwall.:D Anyway, someone else already mentioned that they have recordings of the original episodes, so I don't think it's that unlikely that they exist. They would just be hard to find. I suppose it's worth looking into and seeing what turns up.

Also, thanks for the heads up on the Amazon Student account. I've actually been using it for a couple of months and it's free for the first half year.

Ungatt Trunn

@TW: See, LordTBT can be allot of help with these type of matters!

TW

I got a chance to check the DVD earlier than I thought I would. Just as we expected, it doesn't have anything new on it. What we thought might be the intros was just a blurb on Brian. Nothing special. Hopefully something else will turn up so that the introductions are available for all.

General Ironbeak

This is the only place I've found where this is actually a discussion, which is sad. I wonder if he ever had anything to say about Ironbeak. Sadly, as RWTV inexplicably stopped writing those awesome in-depth reviews after season 2, ep 20, we don't even have the transcript for the second half of season 2, where that would have happened. BTW, I would have loved to see the reaction to Pallum being changed from male to female in those reviews! (BTW, I never did find out who the actual reviewer was)

But I've gone miles from Brian's intros. Yeah, I saw a few before I got into reading the books. I remember once he said, "Don't change the channel! Stick around for this episode of Redwall!" And, of course, since I wasn't a huge fan then, I changed the channel.