News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Blade of Noonvale. A tale from Redwall

Started by AbbotAlf0805, May 28, 2012, 03:31:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you like the book so far?

AWSOME!!
Pretty Good
Average
Not that good
Lame

MatthiasMan

AbbotAlf0805

Not telling you will find out later bur you your looking for answers go to the cellars and look at the poll, Ragals the Assassin's secrets or something like that
I will lead Redwall Abbey to a golden age of peace through the power of Jesus Christ.

AbbotAlf0805

I will lead Redwall Abbey to a golden age of peace through the power of Jesus Christ.

rakkety tam

it was a good chapter but a little to gruesome compared to all of the other redwall books
rock'n'roll  will survive

25% nerd 25% redneck 25% rocker 25% Redwaller  100% me

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

MatthiasMan

Good. ;D Now I have a flablillion more questions. :P

AbbotAlf0805

Ch. Four

Back at St. Ninians Mattimeo was in the St. Ninians outpost tower wondering what, " Laterose of Noonvale" meant. It was a beautiful day in Mossflower, the trees were green, the birds were singing, and the sky was a pretty color of blue. Mrs. Churchmouse and Tess were having a picnic on the church lawn eating berries and nuts. Mattimeo was racking his brain of any memories of the words on the sword, " what do they mean? It must have some meaning..."

Then almost as if out of nowhere he heard screaming from behind him. He turned around and saw ten rats and a ferret grab Tess and Mrs. Churchmouse. "Stop in the name of Redwall!" said Mattimeo shooting an arrow into a rats body. Then the ferret yelled, "get him!" pointing at Mattimeo. The rats charged him while the ferret and another rat dragged the women off. Mattimeo was in a rage and charged the rats yelling,"Redwall!!!" He cut the heads off of one then he hacked the rest to death in his rage. He looked up from the dead mangled bodies and saw that the vermin had taken away his wife and mother-in-law. He then yelled in a berserk rage, " curse you vermin! I'll kill you all!" Then a stone was flung by a rat and hit him on the forehead. That was the last thing

"How long until the ferrets arive?" said Devilrat slamming his paw on the table of his hideout in the bazaar. "They are a little behind sir!" said Blackeye as he was trembling. "Well.... WHEN CAN THEY BE HERE?!?!" screamed Devilrat at his second-in-command. "We dont know sir last we heard of them they were at Log-a-log bridge fighting shrews," said Blackeye shaking. "SHUT UP AND GET OUT!!!!" yelled Devilrat as Blackeye ran out of the room terrified. "Bloodjaw!" then a weasel with dark crimpson teeth came in and said, "Yup chief? Anything you need done chief? Got a plan chief?"
"SHUT UP!!"
"Shuting up chief!"
"Organize your crew, ive got a plan to take Redwall!" said Devilrat. The weasel satuted and left the tent. "Ragals! get in here!" yelled Davilrat, as the fox assassin came in, " Is there work to be done young warlord?" said the fox cunningly. "Yes there is Ragals tell the men to comence operation DEATH MERCHANT. The fox bowed low and left the tent. Devilrat knew that this would get him a lot closer to conquering Redwall. He was much closer to creating The Mossflower Empire which was his goal and his other goal was to make Matthias the Warrior suffer for killing his uncle....

Leatho Shellhound

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

SandyB

I must say the idea of a "Laterose" sword does sound very interesting. Will your story reflect on how it was forged?
Problems in life are never resolved by distancing yourself from them. Escape is never the safest plan nor the safest place.

AbbotAlf0805

Ch. Five

At St. Niniains Mattimeo was not dead but unconscious. The vermin of Devilrat thought he was dead so they left his body to rot. But those unconscious minutes were the most important moments of his life. He saw a beautiful maiden garbed in blue and holding the sword his mother gave him. She said with a mystical voice,
"Mattimeo..... wielder of my blade... your time has not come to join me and my love Martin and I in the heavens..... rise Mattimeo..... You are not the Redwall warrior yet..... But you are the beginning of a new line of warriors... You are the first..... Knight of Noonvale!"
Then she placed the sword back in his hands and disappeared. Then he woke up and heard a faint sound in the wind, "Mattimeo...." He then sheathed the sword and headed for the woods to find his wife. When he started he had a strange melody in his head which he had never heard before,

"You will find me at Noonvale on the side of a hill,

When the summer is peaceful and high

There where streamlets meander the valley is still,

'Neath the blue of a calm cloudless sky......"

That was all he knew the rest was a mystery. But he did not know that his sword was glowing when he sang that song.

rakkety tam

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

Redwaller

Griffen

AbbotAlf0805

Ch. Six

In Redwall there was talk of war throughout the entire abbey. Matthias and Orlando were strenthening the defences while Cornflower was sent to the bazaar to get some supplies to be brought to the abbey, extra food, decent weapons, and mabye some able bodied woodlanders to help fight.

As she drew near to the bazaar she heard whips crackingand yelling up ahead. "Now what could that be?" she thought as she carefully snuck up on the bazaar. When she got to a place where she was safe and could get a good veiw of the bazaar she found a shocking suprise. The whole bazaar was under the control of vermin and the had enslaved the creatures of the bazaar to build them some sort of city.

She turned around to leave and saw Mr. John Churchmouse right there looking at her scared half to death. "OH Cornflower we must leave the whole bazaar has been taken over! Tess and Mrs. Churchmouse are here and I barely escaped. They told me to go tell the other-" and those were the last words of Mr. John Churchmouse retired abbey recorder. Right then a broad sword had cut his head off and Cornflower screamed in horror. Then a cloaked fox came out and he was the murderer of John Churchmouse. "Ahh.. Cornflower is it? well I know you any where.. you are the wife of Matthias the Warrior!!!" He then licked his blood stained blade and said, "You will suffer like your husband has made me and my commander suffer!" he grabbed her and dragged her away screaming.

Back at Redwall all was ready for a siege, the provitions were inventoryed, the guard was set, and the gate was reinforced. "Were is Cornflower?" said Matthias, "It's not like her to be out this late! I knew I shoulden't have let her go alone!" Then Constance patted his shoulder and said, "Don't worry Matthias she will be fine. She is a very brave woman." Then an arrow landed right in Matthias's scabbard and stuck in it. "Get down!" yelled Constance as they all got down but no more arrows came. So they pulled out the arrow that had landed on his sheath. "Look a letter," said Constance pulling off a piece of paperand cleared her throat. "In the name of Devilrat you must surrend Redwall Abbey to him. I have your wife, your son's wife, and your son's mother-in-law. Your son is dead and you have no chance of beating me now Matthias!" "YOU MONSTER!!! ILL KILL YOU DEVILRAT!!! YOU AND YOUR HORDE IF IT'S THE LAST THING I DO!!!" said Matthias in a berserk rage.....    

rakkety tam

AbbotAlf0805