News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Camp NaNoWriMo for Redwall Fan Fiction Writers

Started by Blazemane, June 18, 2013, 07:04:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Osu

I've tried the November NaNo and never got close to even halfway through. But looking through the Camp website, it looks like we can pick our own word count goal -- score! I'm up for attempting a Redwall fanfiction as long as all I need to manage is 50 words a day, haha. I'm not positive on the cabin process, though, would I still be able to get in the same cabin with you guys?
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Blazemane

Quote from: Osu on June 28, 2013, 08:12:02 PMI've tried the November NaNo and never got close to even halfway through. But looking through the Camp website, it looks like we can pick our own word count goal -- score! I'm up for attempting a Redwall fanfiction as long as all I need to manage is 50 words a day, haha.

I would totally miss the 50,000 word count again, too, so I'm going to try to do 31,000--and that's probably not going to happen either. But I've got to try!

Welcome aboard!

Quote from: Osu on June 28, 2013, 08:12:02 PMI'm not positive on the cabin process, though, would I still be able to get in the same cabin with you guys?

Yeah, I think so. I can easily drop out of the cabin I was put into this morning, but I don't know how well the system can be trusted to put us all together.

I can't speak for Shadowed One, of course. Maybe he's happy with the cabin he's in.

Quote from: Shadowed One on June 28, 2013, 05:41:55 PM
Yeah, I didn't notice your post in time. Sorry!

That's alright. As I was saying, I can't speak for you, so if you're interested at all in dropping cabins and trying to meet with me and Osu, great, but if you're happy where you are, that works, too. We can still discuss novel-writing stuff here.

Shadowed One

I'll drop out. Just tell me your username, Osu, that way I can request you.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Blazemane

Hey, Osu. Cabin assignments happen again in 6 hours, so if you get the chance to read this before 10/11 A.M. your time, you could try to request us on there. Otherwise, we can try to hammer everything out later on tomorrow; we've still got time.

Shadowed One

Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

Romsca

Is it okay if we already had some of it written?

Blazemane

Quote from: Shadowed One on June 29, 2013, 12:24:44 PM
I requested you, Blazemane.

Hey, we actually ended up in the same cabin! But we might want to drop one more time for Romsca and Osu.

Quote from: Romsca on June 29, 2013, 02:34:02 PM
Is it okay if we already had some of it written?

It's definitely alright. Well, I've done it before, anyways. What you've already written doesn't "count" towards your in-a-month word goal, but since you can set your own goal in campnanowrimo (and since reaching the goal really isn't all that important), there really isn't much to worry about that way.

Osu

Oops, missed the last round of assignments! Okay, I'm all signed up and my username is Osu-Osu. I can't change my cabin settings to request you guys because I don't have any novel information, but when I try to create a novel I get redirected to a "the page has moved" error. Currently ferreting out information on this...

Systems says 9 hours until the next round of cabin assignments.

Edit: right, figured out the novel creation page after all and requested Blazemane + Shadowed One. Onward the buffs!

Blazemane

Quote from: Osu on June 30, 2013, 03:21:37 AM
Edit: right, figured out the novel creation page after all and requested Blazemane + Shadowed One. Onward the buffs!

I was just writing that I saw your novel information on your camper profile when I noticed your edit. Anyways, hurray!

O.k. I'll be dropping cabins and requesting you.

Romsca, if you get the chance to tell us your username (if you get one) within the next 9 hours, then we can request you, too.

Edit: Osu and Shadowed One--you has been requested.

Shadowed One

Blazemane

Ha! Now I've got Osu and myself and together, but I don't have you (or Romsca. Are you thinking you might sign up?)

We try one more time?

Osu

Dropped out and trying once more for both of you! Next assignments coming up in 15 hours.

Blazemane

Shadowed One