News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Legends of Redwall: Michael the Warrior

Started by AbbotAlf0809, September 03, 2014, 12:51:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbbotAlf0809

"Come hither young ones." Said an old mouse sitting on the ancient stone throne of the Knight Tribe. Several young mice gather at the foot of their elder, clad in silken fabrics of green. "Where is my grandson?" He asked looking around. A little mousemaiden said in a sweet voice, "He said he was coming soon Lord Marchellius. He was playing pirates and knights." Marchellius sighed, however not long afterwards, a young mouse, larger than a normal one, burst in the room. He held in his paw a small wooden sword, wiping sweat from his brow he said, "Sorry granddaddy! I was playing with the other boys!!" He ran up to the elder and plopped on the floor next to him. "Now, I would like to tell you all one of the most important stories I shall ever tell you."
"What's that granddaddy?" Said the mouse prince curiously. The old mouse smiled and patted his grandson on the head, "The legend of our ancient hero, the son of Luke and brother of Martin. This is the tale of Michael the Knight. Now sit down and focus Davidari, I don't want you daydreaming of things such as saving the world or something of the sort." He cleared his throat and began...

"The pirates are coming!" shouted a mousemaid running up from the beach pointing at the longboats. The tribesmen armored themselves for the coming battle for this was not the first time they had defended their home from pirate invaders. "Get the women and children inside!" yells a heavily clad mouse, "Master Michael! We await your orders!" Michael the Warrior strutted out from the center building, armor glistening,
"Thank you Erik," he said, "Line the men up along the rocks." Dark storm clouds shrouded the cliffs in an ominous coat of death. Michael took a large wiff of the cold September air, cold and unforgiving it was. Typical for weather in the North. Michael stood upon a large rock at the head of his forces, "Listen to me friends! Today, you fight for your families! You fight to honor the code you swore to follow! You fight for your own lives! And most importantly, you fight for the glory of the gods!! May your souls be honored in the halls of Myrandale!!!!" A massive cry arose from the knights as Michael looks to the sea, vikings, in numbers not seem before in the past. "Where in the blazes could mere Vikings muster such forces?" He pondered as he tightened the strap on his shield. The Vikings were then ordered to charge. "Spears up front! Archers, hold!" Said Michael holding up his fist, "Wait for it... wait for it... SEND THEM TO HELLGATES AND FIRE!!!!!!!" He lowered his fists and a dark shadow of arrow shafts drowned out the remaining sunlight. Darkness had fallen upon the North.

AbbotAlf0809

CHAPTER 1

Carnage. Pain. Loss. All these things lay scattered across the blood stained beaches and rocks of the Knight Tribe. Michael walked solemnly between the bodies of both vermin and mice. His sword a crimson red, his armor battered, and his green cloak tattered. Michael sighed and returned to the longhouse in which he dwelled as the cries where heard from the newly made widows as the remaining knights buried the dead. "To many casualties. To many I tell you!!" yelled Erik slamming his paw on a table with his head bandaged. "I have no understanding of how mere Vikings could cause such damage to our order. They never come in such numbers. Not since that stoat slaver kidnapped my brother all those years ago." Replied Michael unstrapping his armor, letting it clang on the floor. Erik swigged a large gulp of Northern Mead and plopped the mug back on the table. "Another attack like this and the order is as good as gone m'lord." He said wiping the fizz from his mouth. "I know I know my friend..." Michael responded slumping down in his stone throne.    Erik looked around making sure that no other beast where in the room. "Sire, I did however, discover something of interest on board a Viking longboat. Something out of the ordinary." Erik then laid a black flag bearing a large green eye upon it. "What is this Erik?" Asked Michael, "Never have I seen such a flag." "Sadly I do not know sire." Erik sighed, "I was hoping we could search for answers." Michael looked at the map speed upon the table in front of them. A geography of the north. "We could try the local shrew highlanders, perhaps they have seen a flag like this before." said Erik pointing at the highlands. "They could not help us if we have them all the gold in our vaults. The highlanders are no more than dumb barbarians and raiders. We could try Noonvale however. I hear there are many wise-men and scholars at their university." said Michael pointing at the town on the map. "Noonvale sir? Last I heard their chieftain Brome Voh is a strict pacifist and would not approve of our warlike nature."
"Brome Voh? Why he is just a mere boy! Not even in his twenties!" replied Michael crossing his arms, "his sister may be more willing to head our plea for knowledge." Michael finished removing his armor and began pouring himself a glass of wine. "Sire, personally I disagree but I shall do as you command." Said Erik heading for the door. "Splendid!" said Michael, "We leave at dawn!"

Captain Tammo

pretty cool! It's fast paced and is offering a whole new point of view that I've never seen before on the forum. A knight's order, you can never go wrong with that one!

What are you planning to do with this story? do you already know what's going to happen or are you writing as you go along?
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

AbbotAlf0809

A little bit of both. I am trying to write Ch. 2 but the Norse gods have struck me with writers block.  ;)

The Skarzs

Interesting story; can't wait to see this tie in with your RPs. As Captain said, it's fast-paced, but not unable to be enjoyed.

Norse gods? O.O You have some creative ideas, to be sure. I have an idea for the most powerful of the gods: perhaps wolves would be appropriate creatures to fill their role, especially since there's nothing discerning them as 'bad or good' creatures in the books. ;)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.